Garbad

10 Reasons why you should be playing Armored Warfare

Which tank best tank?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank best tank?

Bought the LOW pack and have just been doing PVE in MBT70.  Almost all Med and Hard missions and it is easy to maintain 90%+ wr solo-pub PVE in that vehicle.  Only played around 50 games so far though.

I haven't really started using built up reputation and credits to unlock stuff yet.  (Reading Garbad's and others articles about that...)

Anyway, I had a question.  I noticed I had about 2,000 "resources" (forget the term)  that can be used to build/upgrade the base.  So I started that.  Any advice about Base upgrades?  I did some searches here but struck out.

Bought the LOW pack and have just been doing PVE in MBT70.  Almost all Med and Hard missions and it is easy to maintain 90%+ wr solo-pub PVE in that vehicle.  Only played around 50 games so far though.

I haven't really started using built up reputation and credits to unlock stuff yet.  (Reading Garbad's and others articles about that...)

Anyway, I had a question.  I noticed I had about 2,000 "resources" (forget the term)  that can be used to build/upgrade the base.  So I started that.  Any advice about Base upgrades?  I did some searches here but struck out.

FreeXP and credits are always good.  Commanders and crew seem to level up fairly quickly on their own, so up to you if you want to bother with those.  You have 3 months of prem time from your LoW pack, so you don't really need to build the one for cheaper prem time for a while yet

Free xp is my main focus for now then costs of upgrades, repairs and money made is going to be my next projects. 

Thanks for quick responses guys.  I built the base building for each.  And planned upgrades to boost freexp and creds.  Seemed logical...

TY, TYVM

1. Find good hulldown in MBT

2. See arty warning.

3. Move.

4. Get hit for 120 splash anyway.

5. Repeat until I die or am rendered irrelevant.

Arty is still pants.

This. I think I've avoided arty shots once or twice despite the warnings. In fact, I find they annoy me more with the warnings.
"Herp derp, imma fuck you over, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"

The warnings are so-so for MBTs, since they don't have a lot of get up and go, but then their armour will already ensure the hit isn't that deadly.  The warning is a godsend for lightly armoured speedy tanks though, that would take the larger hit.

Overall, indirect fire will always be annoying in a PvP game, but I really don't get how people are saying it's as bad as WoT.  I'll take being annoyed into re-positioning any day over simply being vaporized instantly, or being lucky enough to survive but with no modules left intact. 

Overall, indirect fire will always be annoying in a PvP game, but I really don't get how people are saying it's as bad as WoT.  I'll take being annoyed into re-positioning any day over simply being vaporized instantly, or being lucky enough to survive but with no modules left intact. 

It is not WoT bad, but just very annoying bad and they missed an opportunity to just leave it out of the game... Combined with the fact that everybody 'needs' to play it for commanders/retrofits, guarantees 2 arty per game... I took this screenshot a few days back (EU);

764542829d.png

Just ridiculous... 

It is not WoT bad, but just very annoying bad and they missed an opportunity to just leave it out of the game... Combined with the fact that everybody 'needs' to play it for commanders/retrofits, guarantees 2 arty per game... I took this screenshot a few days back (EU);

764542829d.png

Just ridiculous... 

No doubt the commanders and retrofits were a mis-step, and while I'd love to see it out all together, the whole point of this game was to claim as many disgruntled WoT players as possible, which includes clickers.  To that end I think they've implemented it as well as could be expected (commanders/retrofits not withstanding).  You never have to deal with more than 2, they don't do much damage, CB is an actual thing which is a double blessing, since it means they may get taken out, or they may themselves spend all match shooting at your arty instead of you

Also, as weird as it is with so many arty in queue so often, I still manage to get in a decent number of no arty games.  Not as much as I'd like, but they still happen

I find that AW graphics, while much better than WoT, have a weird effect of triggering an uncanny valley response. Along with the somewhat fisheye PoV.

I like the refit system, I like the commander / crew system, I think I like the ammo system, I like that the maps are wide open like classic-WOT (where situational awareness is crucial).

I find WoT is still generally more compelling but AW is a nice change of pace.

This is discussed here: http://armoredtalk.com/2015/09/30/armored-warfare-news-and-some-patch-notes/ scroll down the page until Ever notice there is a shot delay in Armored Warfare?

The design/implementation decisions taken as explained seem reasonable. I would rather have delayed feedback of a shot that will always fly true than suffer from ghost shells that have plagued WG games since forever.

Nope. It's simply due to a combination high latency and/or packet loss.

Also, as weird as it is with so many arty in queue so often, I still manage to get in a decent number of no arty games.  Not as much as I'd like, but they still happen

The arty queue is so full/long because AW tries to enforce a hard limit of two arties per side, which is good but playing SPG takes on average 2-3 mins of queue each time.

It's deadly for players whose arty-avoidance tatic means rocking their tank half a tank length back and forth in the same spot.

Edited by Shackram

We should all add each other. My name in AW is:

NoobSaibot

I just made it to the Tier 3 Leopard last night. I plan to put in about 1-2 hours on weeknights for the foreseeable future.

Since battalions are just social now, why don't we form a Labs battalion, for 'tooning?  

Edited by Griphos

Well for once, I have had 3 battalions(that is the clan equivalent yes?) to join, 1 is my cw clan, another is the Asia PBKAC + wotlabs , and lastly the DPS/LUCK (unica/petco) one, so i ended up joining the asia wotlabs one because why not.

Point is that most people from wot in cw klanu would just go over, like RELIC and OTTER whom i ran into, and those from ASIA as well, since both servers are 1 big family now :party:

Would love to go in toons with NA wotlabs/cw klanu faggots though, this is probably the window frame before ASIA gets spilt off into its own server because asians with 250+ms (myself i get 180-220ms on average and it doesn't lag though it does feel weird kappa), though this time i doubt the Aussies and Kiwis would want to ever go to an Asia server. Not sure I would either even though I might get 20ms as opposed to 180ms...

So yea, add me up for platooning please, want to mingle with the NA brethen more :disco:

I don't have a problem with it in PvP, see the warning and move. Take minimal splash damage at the most.In PvE it can be deadly though, bot arty are all autoloaders and have no pause between shots until the mag is empty.

I don't see how? By the time you get the warning its often way too late to move out of the way, particularly if your sitting on a slope. Arty is random death from the sky, maybe not quite as toxic as WOT but still shit. 

IGN: Tinpotgeneral

Edited by Tinpotgeneraltoo

Well for once, I have had 3 battalions(that is the clan equivalent yes?) to join, 1 is my cw clan, another is the Asia PBKAC + wotlabs , and lastly the DPS/LUCK (unica/petco) one, so i ended up joining the asia wotlabs one because why not.

Point is that most people from wot in cw klanu would just go over, like RELIC and OTTER whom i ran into, and those from ASIA as well, since both servers are 1 big family now :party:

Would love to go in toons with NA wotlabs/cw klanu faggots though, this is probably the window frame before ASIA gets spilt off into its own server because asians with 250+ms (myself i get 180-220ms on average and it doesn't lag though it does feel weird kappa), though this time i doubt the Aussies and Kiwis would want to ever go to an Asia server. Not sure I would either even though I might get 20ms as opposed to 180ms...

So yea, add me up for platooning please, want to mingle with the NA brethen more :disco:

the connection to the AW NA sever for me is 195ms on average, compared to the 130 - 140 on SEA in WOT which had more packet loss/lag at times even with 50ms better ping

add to that the fact you cant communicate with 70% of your teammates and the lack of skilled competitive clans on SEA theres just no point switching,

i know this and also a lot of others i have played wot with share the same view so i think you would see a lot less changing servers than who did in WOT

Having lots of fun playing AW. Its so good having a new game but not having the big noob barrier trying to learn it because so much skill from wot carry's over. It runs like absolute arse on my computer though. Wot on low settings is a solid 60 fps but AW with very low res on top of minimum is like 30 which is noticeable. Also it shows the shittyness of WG's servers. Theres only Na server which I' assuming is on the east coast and it's 180 ping as opposed to just over 200 on na west and 250 on east.

Also ign is waga if anybody wants to play

Edited by waga100

The lack of dedicated channels is so annoying though, lack of clans sucks too feels barren and lonely.
So, if anyone still plays on eu and wants to platoon pve/pvp would be nice if you could post your nick or pm for less clutter. Playing various tiers 3-6~

Imagine yourself -- a tank lover, who enjoys playing video games.  You stumble across a fun, realistic tank game.  You instantly sink hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into it.  Being the skilled gamer you are, you know you dominate. There is only one problem.  The developers cheat.  They deliberately programmed the game to make certain people always unlucky.  Despite your skill, you are one of those unlucky people who always gets bad teams and bad RNG, and thus, can never get the good stats you deserve.  Worse, the community bullies and mocks you for "sucking," even though its not your fault.  You endure this for years, silently growing ulcers.

Then one day, to your joy, you find another, similar tank game!  Its much like the first, except you won't be cursed.  You happily throw hundreds of dollars at it, begin to play...and then find out a SECOND set of developers programmed the game to deliberately curse certain people, and once again you were chosen.  Think of how angry you would be.  Its just not fair.  Why are they out to get you?  Fuck internet tank games.  Time to poast on the forums.

Welcome to life as a shitlord.

The shitlords creed. Can you also do the Shitlords 10 commandments?

Having lots of fun playing AW. Its so good having a new game but not having the big noob barrier trying to learn it because so much skill from wot carry's over. It runs like absolute arse on my computer though. Wot on low settings is a solid 60 fps but AW with very low res on top of minimum is like 30 which is noticeable. Also it shows the shittyness of WG's servers. Theres only Na server which I' assuming is on the east coast and it's 180 ping as opposed to just over 200 on na west and 250 on east.

AW server is on west coast, close to their offices.

my.com support is a bunch of 42%ers apparently. "We can't fix a problem caused by a bug on our system and we'll suspend your account if you keep asking."

http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?36401-A-little-story-about-support

Edited by Shackram
Fixed typo

my.com support is a bunch of 42%ers apparently. "We can fix a problem caused by a bug on our system and we'll suspend your account if you keep asking."

http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?36401-A-little-story-about-support

I'm going to go try to get an answer for this. I got a few lines of contact.