Garbad

10 Reasons why you should be playing Armored Warfare

Which tank best tank?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Which tank best tank?

I don't think it's any worse than wot, some maps are as bad but on some maps you can choose your movements and flank. 

In wot I think E5 is the perfect tank now, it can spot for itself, flank and tank but in AW no MBT can do that you're blind and AFV's or Lights will control vision and clean you, on some maps it doesn't matter but on others it really does.

the maps in Aw are not the problem for the most part, its the capabilities of tanks, the tanks are just too good, any tank slightly in open is quickly destroyed prompting players to stick to protected areas resulting in corridor meta.

the maps in Aw are not the problem for the most part, its the capabilities of tanks, the tanks are just too good, any tank slightly in open is quickly destroyed prompting players to stick to protected areas resulting in corridor meta.

How high of tier did you play ? what you describe I agree is general issue and hopefully will be solved with the vision/spotting changes but it's worse in lower tiers;

At least in higher tiers you do get players which seem to understand that it's push or be pushed, that's why most battles I witness sadly end with 10-0 or something as ridicules.

so like wot patch 8.6, ``camp or get raped by camping tier 10 TDs``

Sound big fun :P

I am mentally feasting on the tears of XM1 padding shitters who now can't figure out how to hull down.

Also, SilentStalker acting clueless after I pretty much told him XM1 nerfs were going to be in.

MBT-70 ramming is the new meta it seems, rammed a BMP-2 for over 500 HP.  You can just face hug and rock back and forth at like 5 km/h to deal 120 damage a tap.  It's a tad broken.  Was in my MBT-70 face hugging a T-72 Ural and I rammed him for 1k HP in the time it took me to reload a 2nd shot.

Edited by shwedor

How high of tier did you play ? what you describe I agree is general issue and hopefully will be solved with the vision/spotting changes but it's worse in lower tiers;

At least in higher tiers you do get players which seem to understand that it's push or be pushed, that's why most battles I witness sadly end with 10-0 or something as ridicules.

im playing tier 6 now and im seeing the trend in all tiers i face up to tier 8. The only tanks that are kinda not forced in coridor fighting are the tiny AFV like VBL or Fox that are hard to hit partially do to anoying shot delay and partially because they are really really quick and tiny.

The obvious solution is to make maps much larger but devs are not idiots, they create the game for the majority who would rather just plink hatches all day than actually maneuver.

im playing tier 6 now and im seeing the trend in all tiers i face up to tier 8. The only tanks that are kinda not forced in coridor fighting are the tiny AFV like VBL or Fox that are hard to hit partially do to anoying shot delay and partially because they are really really quick and tiny.

The obvious solution is to make maps much larger but devs are not idiots, they create the game for the majority who would rather just plink hatches all day than actually maneuver.

They are making maps atm that are larger, the first of these larger maps was the Reactor map.  However, they realize they cut out a large part of the area where players can actually go with their tanks on Reactor and supposedly they are reworking that particular map.  Within the next few patches you should be seeing a few new and substantially larger maps.

I have enjoyed my time in AW so far. I won't stop playing WoT for CW/SH though. I just won't play as much :) Single greatest thing AW did right was the PVE IMHO. Being able to grind out your tank upgrades and then PVP is simply good game design.

Trying out AW actually got me playing WoT again.

It's not that AW isn't enjoyable; it's just frustrating that they don't seem to really understand what made their competition tick or where they fall flat and why.  They're skating very close to just going through the motions with some elements; a common problem with western studios and F2P games is that they get in too much of a hurry to copy someone's cash cow without really understanding it.

None of the vehicles really sound or feel different from one another when you're in the gunsight mode and shooting at things.  The cannon fire effects look cool, but for explosions in general it seems like they tossed in some random hollywood nonsense.  The vehicle models are textured in the same sort of uniform monochrome green/tan/whatever you see in FPS guns made by people who've never handled real weapons; similarly, they lack the sort of realistic bits of lived-in wear you're going to find in WoT or WT vehicles.    There is no shortage of reference material for this stuff; I can only assume nobody bothered to look.

They're missing out on a HUGE long-term progression and money making opportunity by making the non-commander crew members not transferable. 

They've also mixed in a couple of  classic MMO mistakes in regards to PvE/PvP.   They'd better have a plan to keep the PvE content updated regularly.  Grinding out upgrades in PvE is fun until the PvE isn't fun, and then you realize you still have to do it anyways because the alternative is PvPing against upgraded opponents that had more tolerance for stale PvE content.   And then you have the problem where PvE and PvP call for different tank setups....

The in-garage UI makes me want to stab myself in the eyes with a fork.  The simplified attribute bars manage to be both useless and insulting at the same time, while eating up a bunch of UI space.   I want to scroll down the dealer tree and the mousewheel zooms intead, to support those stupid bars.   If you can't make sense of a simple pen number then you're not going to remember anything during gameplay anyways... better to just go with a simple tank comparator tool and leave it at that.

They probably have time to fix a lot of this.  I'll keep playing in the meantime, but they're going to have to work really hard to make be believe it's worth plonking down any cash, or that they're going to be around for the long haul.

Nice post Embiggener. After a week or two playing AW I too am back to WoT. AW is fun but still needs a lot of polish.

I'm actually amazed the people think AW looks good. The maps are okay (Not great, just okay), while the vehicle model detail and texturing is just poor.

It does need a lot of little things to be polished, like vehicle and map balance. But that was to be expected. The current version is pretty rough imo but strangley addictive.

Personally, i want more maps and training rooms.

Like some people already said, the worst part is that every tank feels the same. They are different stats wise, but when you play them they all merge into an amorphous blob. The only thign i found fun was arty, 'cause having to mave aftr every shot make a nice "mini game" and having your shot land were you aimed at it's also nice, at the same time i think it's almost as cancerous as WoT arty but for different reasons.

Gone back as well, just not clicking with AW.

The grind puts me off, only vehicles I really find fun are the really fast AFVs because they are the only tanks that break the massive camp offs. 

The shooting delay drives me fcking insane as well.

The tank models look like plastic toys, serious work is needed there, I mean compared the fantastic looking CAX WG have just put in and it's no contest. 

Spotting system still confuses the hell out of me and the maps still feel small restricted so all the mobility the vehicles have is completely wasted because all everyone does is go camp on a ridge and see what happens. 

Vehicle balance is out of whack, especially between tiers, and MBTs especially, get a tier 8 MBT in a team usually on his own, he'll own, seen M1A1s just do 8-9k damage just because. Then you have tanks like Chieftain from the 60's fighting 3rd gen MBTs most games, much fun. 

Arty I find ok, it's even ok to play, can be a bit annoying but I'd take it 100% in WOTs right now because it's just annoying not punch the fucking screen rage inducing.

PvE gets a bit stale.

There is potential there I'm sure so I'll keep dipping in but its not holding me at the moment. 

A decent arty change in WOTs and I doubt I'd look at AW again. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Spotting system still confuses the hell out of me and the maps still feel small restricted so all the mobility the vehicles have is completely wasted because all everyone does is go camp on a ridge and see what happens. 

Vehicle balance is out of whack, especially between tiers, and MBTs especially, get a tier 8 MBT in a team usually on his own, he'll own, seen M1A1s just do 8-9k damage just because. Then you have tanks like Chieftain from the 60's fighting 3rd gen MBTs most games, much fun. 

These are my biggest peeves as well. I also found in-tier balance a little borked. I'm only up to tier 4, but the PvP is just EXTREMELY campy. 

50 minutes ago, sr360 said:

These are my biggest peeves as well. I also found in-tier balance a little borked. I'm only up to tier 4, but the PvP is just EXTREMELY campy. 

Balance is incredible difficult, just have a look at Wot and how long it took to make it ``right``, a year after release it was good, but then they added tier 10 TDs and meds, and it took another year to``fix it``, and its still not perfect. 

WT also has a lot of balance issues afaik, even now, 3 (?) years after release, so i wouldnt be suprised if AW will also have ghetto balance for atleast the next year....

K fanbois, lets get some level in here.

Teams are as fucked in AW as in wot.

Camp and snipe (chai gameplay) is the meta. its how the game is designed. Many maps offer amazing spots for that. I suspect that will be fixed

Engagement distances are long and result in random shots. ie, you are shooting at best body target. targeting specific parts at distance is near impossible. This is emphasized by the mediocre max zoom level you get.

Artillery is total fucking cancer. m109, gvozdika platoons focus you down and you are fucked. Even a single gvozdika reloads faster than your track repair time.

WOT has serb (and now storm). AW has that shittystaler faggot who is 10x more pompous, condescending and full of shit than serb ever was.

Forums are more cancerous than a PLSGO anime meeting.

While the game has no stats, 90% of players complain about not winning. funny.. I thought there were no stats there to create that. lmao

Tanks have no camo. fucks sake. Still?

Physics are fucked. Track and sprocket relationship is broken, track and ground relationship is also epicly broken. Even wot got that right at release, no? Momentum, feel of weight, ramming, completely broken.

PVE might as well be called teamkill central

Most annoying retarded cap siren in history of gaming. In general sound effects are terrible all around.

You are being forced to play (or unlock) retarded vehicles in order to gain modules for the ones you care about. Money grab. So your 125xp per gold doesn't go nearly as far when you think about it

Idiotic crew system....

NA server is already pretty much dead......

I played the technical preview of AW. 1 year later, im sad to say they have done almost nothing to it! They did make it less cartoony tho, which was one of my pet peeves. But other than that, nothing much has changed. 

On 30/10/2015, 14:12:26, sr360 said:

Yep you go probe a corner and you'll find 5 or 6 guns staring at the same point, no one want to move.

You go fck it, I'll go brawl in a lesson vision controlled area and you'll find tier above MBTs that you can do very little to. 

So no one moves, until someone blinks and gets obliterated and suddenly huge gaps open up, then you suddenly go from a camp off to one team steam rolling. 

People complain about one sided WOTs matches, but man do you get a lot of 15-1,2s etc. 

Considering the slowest tanks go about 40 kph plus the maps need to be about twice the size they are now. 

AW is ok but......

• I hate the fucking Rockets.  At low tiers these things are worse than derps in WOT. I had a 8k+ damage game in my BMP or BMP 2, can't remember. Was my swingfire.
  • AFV's are seriously broken. The fox is just fucking nutz. I just keep out of vision range and blap the fuck out of the enemy. I carried one game by doing this against 6 MBT's on my own. They couldn't catch or see me, so the 3 left tried to cap and I just picked them off from distance one by one.
  • Brings me to the vision game. Like early WOT it is broken. Once you learn which tanks can abuse this brokeness. you basically win all the time. Certain bushes in Certain tanks on Certain maps on Certain sides and you are guaranteed a win every time. You get to that bush and the game is over for the enemy team. Watching the poor enemy MBT's getting obliterated by rockets game after game just gets fucking boring real quick. If I venture out in my own MBT's or god forbid light tank I can expect the same thing.
  • Steam rolls happen more than WOT. The tanks are twice as fast the shitlords can now die twice as fast. It is like the teams are made of sub 1k players driving hellcats.
  • Certain tanks, ie terminator and expeditionary in particular look like they are out of a startrek movie. 
  • As others have mentioned the game does feel sluggish like you are driving through jello or something.
  • THAT FUCKING SHOT DELAY! FIX THAT FUCKING SHOT DELAY ALREADY. worse for me because I am playing from Australia.

Having said all that what I am finding after making myself play AW (trying to break WOT's hold and as garbad said am playing it to hurt WG in the pocket, so they fix their fucking game)

After playing AW for a while and then jumping back into WOT I find my blood pressure rises. I start to feel stressed in WOT after a nice laid back session in AW. It could be because I run XVM and I can see just how shit the players around me are. I don't platoon, I have never platooned and I expect my stats have capped an I have reached my peak. For me to go any further I would need to platoon and at this stage I feel that is a cop out.

I find myself drifting back into AW and the things I mentioned above don't seem to matter as much. Every time I do this WOT seems to drop further and further out of my consciousness. I like this. I am thinking You guys out there that feel like you are addicted to WOT could use AW to break that addiction. 

I am finding unlike WOT where I felt I had to keep grinding, keep playing... With AW I can just turn it off whenever I want. The premium time is cheaper, so if it ticks over a few days without me playing no problem. I feel there is no real imperative to grind all the way to tier 8. If shit in PVP gets annoying (shitlord teams) then I just go grind out reputation (xp) in PVE. Everything just feels so laid back and casual at the moment and that is real refreshing.

The biggest mistake I made with AW is buying the premium tanks and trying to grind out shitloads of credits before doing anything else. I basically went kewei method without meaning to. Now I realise that credits are not a problem at all and all i did was play 50 or so games at 30% WR because I had no idea what I was doing. Ground out 10 million+ credits though. What I should have been doing is grinding out reputation in PVE mode. Getting an idea for how things work and then moved into PVP mode.

Is anyone else finding low tier (1-4 at least) MBTs absolute shit to play? 

Armor's pretty much irrelevant since everyone's super accurate. No camo or view range. Guns no bigger than anyone elses, or so it feels. And everyone's faster than you as well.

I have no problems in any vehicles type except real tanks. 

Go figure.

3 hours ago, Sapros said:

Is anyone else finding low tier (1-4 at least) MBTs absolute shit to play? 

Armor's pretty much irrelevant since everyone's super accurate. No camo or view range. Guns no bigger than anyone elses, or so it feels. And everyone's faster than you as well.

I have no problems in any vehicles type except real tanks. 

Go figure.

Yes. MBT's are pointless at low tiers but from XM1 onwards the American MBT's are insanely OP!

At the moment (beta still), I'm a bit disappointed in the gameplay for some reason.  Can't exactly pinpoint it but for me, it seems maybe like it's too much like an arcade game if that makes sense.  For a bit more realism, at least as much as a tank game can offer, I still think WOT is better.  Everything just seems a bit more real/feels better.

That may change once the actual game is released and they learn from their beta so I'll be interested to see.  For now, I'll keep playing WOT and check in from time to time at AW.

Just my two cents...