OOPMan

Super Conqueror Hype-train

So, it seems the plan is to replace the FV 215b HT with a spruced up Conqueror.

Given how the HD re-work of the Conqueror has hugely buffed the tank, I'm guessing an HDiefied Conqueror with 20mm spaced armour on the frontal hull and turret coupled with more hitpoints and even moooooooooooaaaaaaaar DPM will make the SC a superb tank.

Anyone else ready for the hype train?

See http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/208997-spaced-armor-conqueror-to-replace-the-fv215b-120/ for some IRL photos of the SC...

1 week from release they'll backtrack and say they'll use the Chieftain again. All my hype has long gone.

So, it seems the plan is to replace the FV 215b HT with a spruced up Conqueror.

Given how the HD re-work of the Conqueror has hugely buffed the tank, I'm guessing an HDiefied Conqueror with 20mm spaced armour on the frontal hull and turret coupled with more hitpoints and even moooooooooooaaaaaaaar DPM will make the SC a superb tank.

Anyone else ready for the hype train?

See http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/208997-spaced-armor-conqueror-to-replace-the-fv215b-120/ for some IRL photos of the SC...

They need to sort this shit out fast.  4 days left on the EU top of the tree to buy the tier 10, but I've no idea I'm going to be getting for my $4m credits.

Edited by Sylvansight

fuck that. they have a fucking Chieftan model ready to go, balanced, and set for next patch. don't fucking change it. 

Super Conqueror will be an interesting tank, increased armor values on upper plate and turret will be nice but the commanders hatch and lower plate will still be weak spots so play style will be identical to the T9 (IMO). If hard stats are the same as the 215b I could see this being a competitive T10. 

also: 

:brokenheart:R.I.P. Cheiftan Mk.6

Apparently they will probably do a Chieftain mini-branch in addition to the Super Conqueror: http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/09/2592015-q.html

somewhere a wild assad just jizzed his pants

i JIZZED MYSELF OVER THIS PART

- WG is strongly considering hiding the names of enemy team players to stop people from using noobmeters

WG as suchs fkn slowpokes, let see:

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:27 PM: 1x British med (or heavy) line, WG is looking for data regarding Chieftain, Overlord said ``Super Conqueror`` looks interesting, Vickers mbt was not denied aswell, and creating a new line would offer the possibility for reworking current lines. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/269771-future-content-patches-for-wot/

On overlord blog, last year august:

http://overlord-wot.blogspot.nl/2014/08/unconquerable.html

the new turret:

DaoDvAn.jpg

And the spaced armor version was also mentioned before already (Listy mentioned it first, including pics)

In regards to chieftain branch, that was mentioned ages and ages ago, by multiple people, my ``idea`` is thus also not new, its logical....

The mini branch with a tier 9 and 10 starting from Caern is the most logical to do, and also earns the most RL credits 

The main issue is (and thats a total guess from my side., but im very good in guessing) that WG doesnt know what to do with Fv 42, since its shit for a tier 8 prem, so they are better of at making it a regular vehicle, at tier 8 as predesor for the chieftains, that way it can get an L7, since a heavy with OP gun and the rest junk is no problem. It does mean ditching the Fv as premium, so the decision in regards to chieftain probably depends on: Can WG find an alternative tier 8 premium tank for the UK and if no, is it acceptable to only add a tier 9 and 10 tank? (like they did with Amx 30)

fuck that. they have a fucking Chieftan model ready to go, balanced, and set for next patch. don't fucking change it. 

>38mm side armor.

>38mm side armor.

Actually it's 50.8mm right now...

It's only 38.1mm behind the tracks.

Edited by Flametz

Actually it's 50.8mm right now...

It's only 38.1mm behind the tracks.

In other words, if they shoot through your tracks they'll autopen.

And don't tell me it won't, its the same deal with the Panther.

Wouldn't mind both. There's certainly material enough for a Chieftain mini-branch if they so desire.

Make the FV4202 a standard tier 8, coming off either the Comet or the Centurion Mk. 1.
Give it the B-barrel, and potentially a gimped L7 firing AP.

That goes into one of the pike-nose Chieftain prototypes at tier 9. 1 or 2.

Which goes to the Chieftain at tier 10.

Classify them all as mediums, but on the heavium end of the spectrum.

Small correction- the spaced armour on the UFP is only 14mm, however there is another 20mm welded on. The result being a 150mm main plate (263 eff) with another flat +14mm from the spaced armour (the effects of sloping being basically nonexistent due to the overmatch bonus rule).

Small correction- the spaced armour on the UFP is only 14mm, however there is another 20mm welded on. The result being a 150mm main plate (263 eff) with another flat +14mm from the spaced armour (the effects of sloping being basically nonexistent due to the overmatch bonus rule).

So basically its a giant middle finger to medium tank HEAT shells?

In other words, if they shoot through your tracks they'll autopen.

And don't tell me it won't, its the same deal with the Panther.

Overmatch rules only apply to the first layer of armor, so autobounce angles will still work. But other than that... 

Overmatch rules only apply to the first layer of armor, so autobounce angles will still work. But other than that... 

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. All layers of armour are overmatchable, hence the reason why you can track and damage tanks like the foch at less than autobounce angles.

You're wrong there. Overmatch applies to all armor layers except tracks. Othwise tanks like the Caern, Conq, Centurions and FV4202 would be considerably more stable when side-scraping.

You're wrong there. Overmatch applies to all armor layers except tracks. Othwise tanks like the Caern, Conq, Centurions and FV4202 would be considerably more stable when side-scraping.

Only the first layer of armor ``curves`` the path of the shell (the angle of impact becomes less steep)

Since that only works only once, its also reasonable to assume that overmatch works only once.

And the reason the tanks you list are paper is that they have paper armor, even at 69 deg impact, so when a shell hits at 74 deg, the spaced armor changes the direction to 69 it still always pens, this means you would have to angle 75 deg to get autobounce, and perhaps even more, since i forgot how much the shell path changes)

ps: and tracks dont count as spaced armor, they dont change shell path & you cant overmatch them, tracks are in regards to HEAT / HE / HESH the same, but not for AP / APCR

Only the first layer of armor ``curves`` the path of the shell (the angle of impact becomes less steep)

Storm said normalization is only applied to calculating armor thickness, not the actual trajectory of the projectile.

Storm said normalization is only applied to calculating armor thickness, not the actual trajectory of the projectile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5S8CrsUig

Your right, the path doesnt change, and if the translation is correct, then overmatch > autobounce (as is logical)

AND normalisation / overmatch can happen multiple times, even though that sounds a bit strange too me, so if WG really models this as 14mm +20mm + UFP, all that armor is next to useless, since it will overmatch all of that, and the pen loss is miniscule, and since those spaced armor is very close to the UFP, the pen loss of HEAT is also miniscule (20cm of gap reduced pen by 20% so 330 turns to 264, thats still enough to pen Conq UFP, so unless WG makes  the layers very ``roomy``, to make the gap big it wont do much (the turret is different, since that is strong armor already, there some heat protection will change a lot)

So basically its a giant middle finger to medium tank HEAT shells?

HEAT has no normalisation, so it's 328mm even without the "premature detonation" effect of spaced armour.

TL;DR yes it is.