bjshnog

⟪WN8⟫ Development / Resources

Sometimes it is necessary to start over with new data when one can no longer control for numerous changes inherent in the data set.  =(

The irony there is that if everyone's stats were rerolled then those most impacted would be rerolls.  At least they'd have their win rate.

It's not the worst idea in the world.  Put a 'new' metric out there to compare with wn8 and see what people like more.  It would solve several issues with wn overall (spotting dmg) and wn8 (majorly nerfed tanks like arty and the Sherman) in one fell swoop.  

Ladder resets are fairly common when games undergo fundamental changes.  Since Wn is the closest we have to a ladder system it seems logical to reboot once in a while. 

Is there any way to increase a bonus for average tier played, or does it already take that into account?
For example, me and Rexxie's 30-day WN8 are similar, but my tier is more than 1 above his

bitch my kirby skills will leave you in the dirt, bring it

I WILL fite you irl 1v1 no items final destination, sexii

The sequels could never match the pace of the original N64. Kirby was OP.

Would it be a problem to update the tank tables as some tanks got split up and the su-85i added to the game? or wouldn't that be necessary?

Somebody at home? Is there someone who will do expected tank values for the new tanks introduced in 0.9.0? I've already contacted Praetor, but he didn't respond yet.

Somebody at home? Is there someone who will do expected tank values for the new tanks introduced in 0.9.0? I've already contacted Praetor, but he didn't respond yet.

I think Praetor stated he might be too tired to do new WN stuff any more. If you want to send me some data, I can probably compute them and come up with cool stuff (no guarantee).

I think Praetor stated he might be too tired to do new WN stuff any more. If you want to send me some data, I can probably compute them and come up with cool stuff (no guarantee).

Doing some average per tier/class like it was planned before is something I feel I can do myself. But I don't want to create an expected tank values table which is only used by vBAddict and WOT Statistics.

@ Phalynx: I recommend you just use the values of the nearest equivalent tank to cover the new tanks for the time being.

If anyone other than Praetor produced a new table, it might not get universal acceptance.

I believe that the best solution, temporarily of course, would just be giving the new tanks 0 values, and make them unable to influence the WN8.

And Praetor haven't been active since March 21st, and is probably busy with personal business.

But I wouldn't mind if the values came from the sources themselves, though, I believe Praetor used multiple databases, but I can't say for sure.

For my script, that only g101_stug_iii, pz_iv_ausfa and pz_iv_ausfd has to be ignored, as the previous solo Panzer IV tank ( pziv ), was renamed to pz_iv_ausfh. ( Which I presume also happened in the API. )

Godspeed.

Would the global rating jump the moment the expected values are changed? I hope this question isn't as stupid as it sounds :O

Only if the values are changed for tanks that you've played.

e.g not IS-7 or VK2801.

( I presume by global rating, you mean WN8 and not personal rating? )

Would the global rating jump the moment the expected values are changed? I hope this question isn't as stupid as it sounds :O

The WN8 of any given player would change if the table of expected values was changed significantly. Your net WN8 would go up if the tanks you had played most were given lower expecteds; and the converse also applies.. 

Can somebody please explain why my WN8 value in XVM suddenly jumped from 2170 to over 2600 with the introduction of 9.0?

I presume its becuase they haven't modified Pz4 into Pz4 ausf. H.

http://wot-news.com also returns the same amount of WN8, so I presume they're just slow on it.

So if I understand correctly, the "new" incomplete rating forgets to add the numbers of my Pz4 and stug battles to the number of all battles, meaning I get better damage/battle ratio and therefore higher rating?

It must be used tank ID (instead tankname) in expected table

We have to get rid of that WR nonsense in WN

It mostly rewards platoon padders in the majority of cases.

You don't think damage can be padded in a platoon? 

You don't think damage can be padded in a platoon? 

to a degree and its very hard to quantify and differs in relation to skill level, but for that you have to contribute at least  something. WR is just a free bonus in its current form for all who platoon on a regular basis and arnt terribad.

edit:

btw - what about an update to expected stats especially for these newer tanks?