Deus__Ex__Machina

10.0 render range comparison

corner camping will be less effective, so no more tards camping a1 shooting people in the middle of the map (highway base, prokhovorka, also easier shooting accros murovanka middle, and red shire) and ofc campinovka, the shooting lines on that map are pure bs, that should be much better now

Imo a good chance, the net effect is probably zero, except that it feels better / more iniutive

I'm not convinced to this change. In my opinion open maps are not prepared for this and it will cause some serious problems with pubbie meta. Some pubs even now are unable to understand current drawing distance so this change will make them less effective ("I can see spotted enemy from this spot and it'll never change").

It'll make no difference to them if something that they don't understand changes. 

Will Prok mid be one of the more impacted areas? It is the first which comes to mind.

I think the end result on prok mid might actually be better shots, I forget where I read that though.

I think the end result on prok mid might actually be better shots, I forget where I read that though.

Mid will have better shot on 0 line hill as the distance between mid to the red line is 550 meters, but mid will have worse shots on 1 line since it no longer has the 707meter max range sniping capability it has on J1 from north spawn.

Mid will have better shot on 0 line hill as the distance between mid to the red line is 550 meters, but mid will have worse shots on 1 line since it no longer has the 707meter max range sniping capability it has on J1 from north spawn.

And vice versa.  The 1 line campers will be  starved of a lot of opportunities to fire into the middle now.  They'll have to move forward which will bring them into view of their opposite campers.

Some initial thoughts on maps not already really discussed.

On Lakeville shots across the middle early game will likely be easier to get, assuming someone lights. Snipers may lose some influence over the fight for town though. Tier 8 wise, K8 pubbie camp got a nerf, unable to do quite as much supporting of the middle.

Hill in Karelia will lose yet more of its importance with no corner to aid sniping into the north. Some shots will still be available, just not quite as many. I don't see the hill mattering in that fight almost at all now though unless the other team gets really stupid. 

Westfield south and lower town lose yet more ability to support each other. Cover south already hurt lower town sniping. This hurts both.

Edited by MetGreDKo
removing excess blank lines

All I'm thinking right now is

"Finally, maybe now scouting from E1 on Prokh/FS will actually be worth it, since there will be less chances that the tards camping 200-300 meters behind me will be out of the render range of the targets I spot just ahead of me and they're too idiotic to move just a wee bit forward"

Comparisons taken from this site http://rykoszet.info/2015/09/27/nowy-system-rysowania/

Westfield

Vestfild_1.jpg

Vestfild_2.jpg

Vestfild_3.jpg

Vestfild_4.jpg

Arctic 

300px-Zapoljarae_2.jpg

300px-Zapoljarae_1.jpg

300px-Zapoljarae_3.jpg

300px-Zapoljarae_4.jpg

Karelia 

Karelija_1.jpg

Karelija_2.jpg

Karelija_3.jpg

Karelija_4.jpg

Lakeville

300px-Lasvilla_prostrel_verkhnijj_resp.j

300px-Lasvilla_prostrel_verkhnijj_resp_2

300px-Lasvilla_prostrel_nizhnijj_resp.jp

300px-Lasvilla_prostrel_nizhnijj_resp_2.

Malinovka

300px-Malinovka_2.jpg

300px-Malinovka_1.jpg

300px-Malinovka_3.jpg

300px-Malinovka_4.jpg

300px-Malinovka_5.jpg

300px-Malinovka_7.jpg

300px-Malinovka_6.jpg

300px-Malinovka_8.jpg

300px-Malinovka_9.jpg

300px-Malinovka_10.jpg

300px-Malinovka_11.jpg

300px-Malinovka_12.jpg

300px-Malinovka_13.jpg

Mountain Pass

Pereval_2.jpg

Pereval_1.jpg

Sand River

Peschanaja_reka_2.jpg

Peschanaja_reka_1.jpg

Peschanaja_reka_4.jpg

Peschanaja_reka_3.jpg

Peschanaja_reka_6.jpg

Peschanaja_reka_5.jpg

Peschanaja_reka_7.jpg

Peschanaja_reka_8.jpg

Prokhorovka

300px-Prokhorovka_2.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_1.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_4.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_3.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_6.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_5.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_8.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_7.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_10.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_11.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_13.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_12.jpg

300px-Prokhorovka_14.jpg

Ruinberg

300px-Ruinberg_2.jpg

300px-Ruinberg_1.jpg

300px-Ruinberg_3.jpg

300px-Ruinberg_4.jpg

Steppes

300px-Stepi_1.jpg

300px-Stepi_2.jpg

Serene Coast

300px-Tikhijj_bereg_1.jpg

300px-Tikhijj_bereg_2.jpg

300px-Tikhijj_bereg_3.jpg

Cliff

Utjos_2.jpg

Utjos_1.jpg

Utjos_3.jpg

Highway to shit

300px-KHajjvejj_1.jpg

300px-KHajjvejj_2.jpg

300px-KHajjvejj_3.jpg

300px-KHajjvejj_4.jpg

300px-KHajjvejj_5.jpg

300px-KHajjvejj_6.jpg

Himmelsdorf

300px-KHimmelasdorf_1.jpg

El Brawl

300px-EHla-KHalluf_1.jpg

300px-EHla-KHalluf_2.jpg

300px-EHla-KHalluf_3.jpg

300px-EHla-KHalluf_4.jpg

300px-EHla-KHalluf_5.jpg

300px-EHla-KHalluf_6.jpg

300px-EHla-KHalluf_7.jpg

300px-EHla-KHalluf_8.jpg

300px-EHla-KHalluf_9.jpg

Erlenberg

300px-EHrlenberg_2.jpg

300px-EHrlenberg_1.jpg

300px-EHrlenberg_3.jpg

300px-EHrlenberg_4.jpg

300px-EHrlenberg_6.jpg

300px-EHrlenberg_7.jpg

300px-EHrlenberg_8.jpg

300px-EHrlenberg_5.jpg

Going to just repeat what everyone else has said.  Looks like other than a few specific cases, this change will help a lot.  It will be way more intuitive too which that alone is enough to make me like it more.  Needing to just remember anything past a certain distance won't show is a lot simpler and easier to grasp than it being some arbitrary square.

El halluf loses "effective area" by far most, lot of spots/lines of fire are no more in view range there.  Prokhorovka loses bit too and medium gameplay could change there, usual middle medium position there will be intresting as its _just_ in edge of range to multiple direction. Rest maps on average get more shoot opportunities than they lose but only small changes.

This is a shitty change IMHO, I honestly don't know why are the majority of players so hyped about it.

The only thing this will do is to fuck up the game for the scouts and snipers, not like current map changes would not have done it already...

It would be a good change only if they would have made the radius at least 620-650 meters. Until then it is shit.

This is a shitty change IMHO, I honestly don't know why are the majority of players so hyped about it.

The only thing this will do is to fuck up the game for the scouts and snipers, not like current map changes would not have done it already...

It would be a good change only if they would have made the radius at least 620-650 meters. Until then it is shit.

What? omfg lol

What? omfg lol

It is already written a few comments above mine:

I like that they finally changed it to a circle. But I don't like it, that the circle is so small.

RIP scout dmg in T10 games. Normal tanks already have around 400m standard view range which results with crewskills, optics etc to around 440. There is only around 120m for scouts to abuse. With the old corners they had much more range to play with. 

Not that hard to follow the logic behind this one. 

I don't follow it at all. We've already established that snipers won't have any harder of a time; if you take a look at any of the minimap examples shown above, you'll see that many popular sniping spots are now much easier to use. For example, imagine you're a scout on this map, and the figure is showing the "sniping" tank behind you:

With the old render range, targets heading toward town could be relatively safe if they just drove a bit closer to the line than normal. They might get spotted, but often enough they'd still be out of render for the TDs near the base of the road. In the new one, they have to stick closer to the back of the map if they want to stay safe. Basically, they can't afford to be spotted at all. Net result is that scouts are more powerful here, as the tanks behind them will have an easier time rendering what they spot.

I just don't see how the new render range hurts scouts. They weren't the ones abusing render range to begin with, MTs and TDs were.

I don't follow it at all. We've already established that snipers won't have any harder of a time; if you take a look at any of the minimap examples shown above, you'll see that many popular sniping spots are now much easier to use. For example, imagine you're a scout on this map, and the figure is showing the "sniping" tank behind you:

With the old render range, targets heading toward town could be relatively safe if they just drove a bit closer to the line than normal. They might get spotted, but often enough they'd still be out of render for the TDs near the base of the road. In the new one, they have to stick closer to the back of the map if they want to stay safe. Basically, they can't afford to be spotted at all. Net result is that scouts are more powerful here, as the tanks behind them will have an easier time rendering what they spot.

I just don't see how the new render range hurts scouts. They weren't the ones abusing render range to begin with, MTs and TDs were.

So far I was on my mobile so I did not looked at the pictures.

You are partly right. There are some spots whch will benefit from this change, but there are some cases where the now 560 meter radius just won't be enough. And even if it might be better for snipers in some cases, it will be absolutely trash for scouting IMO.

So far I was on my mobile so I did not looked at the pictures.

You are partly right. There are some spots whch will benefit from this change, but there are some cases where the now 560 meter radius just won't be enough. And even if it might be better for snipers in some cases, it will be absolutely trash for scouting IMO.

Then you better explain why you think its trash, there are LOADS of better positions now.

There are some cases, but the majority of the time it's a positive. Most maps are set up so that you don't have shots on your diagnols anyway, flanks are mostly straight lines.

Other than the snipers behind you, how does this influence scouting? This isn't view range, this is render range. You will be seeing people from just as far away as before, ditto for how far away they see you. This change only makes a difference when you aren't the one doing the spotting, so unless your definition of scouting is sniping in an RU-251, then your scout tanks wont feel much different.