neziho

French TD Thread

1 hour ago, no_name_cro said:

Wait, I thought JP2 has godlike gun handling compared to mle. 48?

Correct the .48 has pretty meh gun handling compared to the JP2, but I'm literally just trying the .48 for the memes, and I want that dank APCR shell at tier 8. 325 pen at tier 8 with 1334 shell velocity. Plus 3k DPM when max the fuck out is still nothing to scuff about considering the mobility of the tank.

idk I just want to test it out, in a competitive field, and pubs. 

Now that I think about it, having small clip autoloaders on all the french TDs would make the line actually interesting if WG doesn't fuck up balancing. It's not like historical accuracy even matters at this point. :^)

10 minutes ago, neziho said:

Now that I think about it, having small clip autoloaders on all the french TDs would make the line actually interesting if WG doesn't fuck up balancing. It's not like historical accuracy even matters at this point. :^)

The only thing to make the french TDs better is make their stupid tumors e5 level of bullshit, AND/OR make their gun handling not crap compared to other TDs.

6 minutes ago, rojo180 said:

The only thing to make the french TDs better is make their stupid tumors e5 level of bullshit, AND/OR make their gun handling not crap compared to other TDs.

I think gun handling if far more important. Narrow arc, bad bloom values and shit aim time makes a shit TD no matter what.

Also rojo I forgot to mention - mle. 48 has GUNNER in that machine gun weakspot, I'd suggest carrying large medkit.

9 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

I think gun handling if far more important. Narrow arc, bad bloom values and shit aim time makes a shit TD no matter what.

Also rojo I forgot to mention - mle. 48 has GUNNER in that machine gun weakspot, I'd suggest carrying large medkit.

OF COURSE IT DOES!!!!

Kind of like the Loader being in the tumor on the tortoise... ughhh

Actually the best idea to counter this bullshit Gunner death issue I was thinking Jack of all trades... yes this idea should be 10/10.

3 minutes ago, rojo180 said:

Actually the best idea to counter this bullshit Gunner death issue I was thinking Jack of all trades... yes this idea should be 10/10.

I mean it has 2 gunners, but still cancer gun + death of gunner penalty is no go.

The biggest problem the tier 9 has is the gun handling gives cancer AIDS. It is fucking awful. Can't speak for the Foch 155 since I don't have it, but I can't imagine it is any better.

The "hard" stats are good, but the soft stats absolutely murder the thing. With Food, Vents, GLD, BIA and gunnery skills the Foch has .29 accuracy, 1.84 aim time, .158 turret traverse, and .167 track traverse. According to tank inspector, the full speed track traverse penalty is still 4.92 even with everything... and as far as I am aware you can't traverse your tracks at half speed.

For comparison, a tank with GOOD gun handling (The Conq) has .096 turret traverse and .115 vehicle traverse bone fucking stock. Full speed traverse penalty is 2.99.

It is fucking ridiculous how awful the gun handling is, and you don't even have the option of tiering the gun down so that you can actually hit shit.

0FtiAym.jpg

Now I wait for the free xp from future gold, and then we can test this THING!!!

Also my crew is going to be a bit ghetto, at the beginning, but it should be fine XD

On 2/21/2016 at 4:12 PM, rojo180 said:

0FtiAym.jpg

Now I wait for the free xp from future gold, and then we can test this THING!!!

Also my crew is going to be a bit ghetto, at the beginning, but it should be fine XD

Trust me, the 100mm isn't "worse" than the 120mm, slinging gold or not. You might rage that you spend lots of free xp for the 120, but you are equally likely to rage at the 100mm gun for being a peashooter than doesn't handle worth crap.

Just now, Nekommando said:

Trust me, the 100mm isn't "worse" than the 120mm, slinging gold or not. You might rage that you spend lots of free xp for the 120, but you are equally likely to rage at the 100mm gun for being a peashooter than doesn't handle worth crap.

The gun bloom is going to be bad no matter what gun I use, so with that in mind the 100mm gun is completely pointless to me since if I want to auto pen things I would rather be using the 120mm gun with the APCR pen of 325 because why not.

The one thing that looks to be hilarious to do is to bait bad heavy tank players in shooting your view ports and shit, and then you take a dump on them.

Like honestly no matter if I'm top tier or not I will probably be slinging a liberal amount of APCR with the 120mm gun.

If its strongholds I will definitely be using APCR because fuck IS 3s.

2 hours ago, rojo180 said:

The gun bloom is going to be bad no matter what gun I use, so with that in mind the 100mm gun is completely pointless to me since if I want to auto pen things I would rather be using the 120mm gun with the APCR pen of 325 because why not.

The one thing that looks to be hilarious to do is to bait bad heavy tank players in shooting your view ports and shit, and then you take a dump on them.

Like honestly no matter if I'm top tier or not I will probably be slinging a liberal amount of APCR with the 120mm gun.

If its strongholds I will definitely be using APCR because fuck IS 3s.

Understood. You are going for a niche and that is OPCR spam. Keep in mind you don't have lots of HP so don't bait shots too much. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Nekommando said:

Understood. You are going for a niche and that is OPCR spam. Keep in mind you don't have lots of HP so don't bait shots too much. Good luck!

Should be fun :D

Alright bois MOMENT OF TRUTH!!!!

Pubs point of view after 22 games all fully elited with a mostly 3 skill crew.

Bad points

Armor: If you see anything higher than tier 8 your armor is meaning less. The frontal plate is just not thick enough on such a low profile tank to bounce shots. and then there is Tumors. Yeah I don't need to dive into this.

Tier 8 HP TD dilemma: 1000HP seriously? Do I really need to drag on about how some tier 8 TDs got heavy tank HP while I have less HP than tier 7 mediums?

Gun Handling: The paper stats do not make up for the horrid bloom values on this tank, I can't even think how horrible it would be without food. BIA will be transitioned into the crew after a tourney payment to see what the difference will do in pub games.

Good things

Gun: when fully aimed its a fairly accurate gun, and has high penetration with both its AP and APCR.

Mobility: This will save you from medium tanks, and can help you flex around the map

Module Health: So far the only thing that has broken on this tank is tracks and the occasional observation device

How can WG make this tank actually a competitor against the JP2

ADD HP: 1300HP to prevent being 3 shoted from 390 alpha guns.

Gun handling Buff: 2.9 sec aim time and then the bloom values have to decrease. The only tank that has worse aim time is the ISU but that tank has better dispersion values simply because its slower... 2.3sec aim time and a slight decrease say 10% on the bloom values would help the gun tremendously.

Conclusion will come after completing the grind! But so far its not looking so good for pub matches...

I will play this in Team battles and Strongholds, and see how it performs there.

The line is kinda sad; its one of the worst lines in the game (likely worst with brit TD line: both has few supermegashit tanks and others being mediocre at best. British TD line has Charioteer, which is actually good, but is balanced out for having even worse tier 10 than French TD line)

- tier 2 is kinda stinker

- tier 3 is arguably the best tank in the line. Its bit like ELC at tier 3 expect it focuses more on sniping isntead of scouting. Still, new map changes at lowtiers seriously hurts such tank with campy playstyle.

- tier 4 is absolutely piece of shit and its just disgustingly garbage.  Either you use 75mm, and you have WORSE Lee with significantly worse DPM, armor and HP. If you use derp, you have slower Hetzer with no armor, no AP, and big tumor on top. Overall, one of the very worst tanks in the game.

- tier 5 is ok, although corridor-meta is unfriendly for such TD with horrible HP, armor and mobility. With 105mm gun, its funnily enough pretty much outclassed by O-IE, which has twice more armor and HP, turret, better mobility and better (!) DPM.

- tier 6 is legendary for just being crap and for having the very worst stock setup in the game. Its somewhat speedy (in straight lines) and has very high penetration, but thats pretty much it.

- tier 7 is basically fatter Jpanther with tumors, probably some other stats being worse, dunno

- tier 8 is not terrible but its still IMO below-average for turretless TD, and turretless TDs are often not as good these days. Gun is solid, although suffers from bad gun handling and alpha is worst-in-class. Armor is so-so, your front is good but from close its useless because weakspots. Sides are very long and paper, which means that arty LOVES you. Although its not great, it is arguably one of the best tanks in the line.

- tier 9 has armor filled by weakspot, gun is SHIT for tier 9 TD (laughable alpha, poor pen, terrible dispersion, not enough DPM to make up for those). Armor is kinda same as above.

- tier 10 is one of the worst tier 10s in the game. Long hull and sides are penned by HE, again, bad handling, poor gun arc to every direction, armor filled with weakspots, long reload between shells which allows enemy to safely repair and go into cover, and not even that fast because you now have worse engine than tier 9. It used to be actually pretty OP before nerf, but now its opposite. Its still notably better than FV4005. Like FV, though, its still broken (ability to destroy stuff with one-clip is still stupid)

Giving these tanks some kind of autoloaders would be interesting. Give tier 7 4 clip autoloader on 100mm, 4 shell on tier 8 and 5 shell on tier 9. As long as they dont give them something retarded like TVP's or WT's autoloader, it should be good.

Then on Foch 155, replace 155 with 120mm gun that fires APCR as standard round (lowest alpha but highest pen of T10 TDs) and HEAT as premium round, 5 clip autoloader but  faster reload than Foch. Then buff its armor so loss of mobility make sense and/or give it same/better mobility as tier 9. Finally, rename it as Foch bis or something. 

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

- tier 4 is absolutely piece of shit and its just disgustingly garbage.  Either you use 75mm, and you have WORSE Lee with significantly worse DPM, armor and HP. If you use derp, you have slower Hetzer with no armor, no AP, and big tumor on top. Overall, one of the very worst tanks in the game. 

- tier 5 is ok, although corridor-meta is unfriendly for such TD with horrible HP, armor and mobility. With 105mm gun, its funnily enough pretty much outclassed by O-IE, which has twice more armor and HP, turret, better mobility and better (!) DPM.

- tier 6 is legendary for just being crap and for having the very worst stock setup in the game. Its somewhat speedy (in straight lines) and has very high penetration, but thats pretty much it.

- tier 7 is basically fatter Jpanther with tumors, probably some other stats being worse, dunno

Seems we have fundamental difference of results & opinions about the French tier 4 to 6 tank destroyers. 

You cannot make them work, and other people can.  Question is why?

•    The SAu 40 has more view range than a Hetzer does.  The derp gun works fine for the battle range.   Gun Depression & Camo are decent for the battle tier range: -10/+30.  The relative poor vehicle turning rotation speed is offset by the driver being able to A) gain information earlier; B) invisible snipe; C) peek-a-boo derp; D) play forward bush scout, depend on team line-ups & map. 
  •  ARL V39 has better gun handling & mobility than the ARL 44 does.  It can spam a 330 damage ACPR shell alpha or a workable HE shell from the 105 mm gun.  Gun Depression is similar enough to SAu 40, their play styles are somewhat related: -6/+18.  Camo values are slightly better on the ARL V39 than the SAu 40 has. View Range can be maxed out easily on the ARL V39.  What's a noticeable change, is the power-to-weight ratio is 17.83.  The ARL V39 can flex & flow around the map more like a medium can.  A person can work a greater portion of a map, depending on a situation.  It's a less passive TD than the SAu 40 can be. 

If your stinking it up in either the SAu 40 or the ARL V39, then your doing something wrong.

Spoiler

7vFDskj.jpg

HJWefkR.jpg

Vr2Xh67.jpg

Completing TD-8 for the T 55a.

TBH this tank is better in pubs than in TBs and Strongholds. You will win more in strongs simply because you are getting carried by superior tanks driven by good players.

The one thing that this tank reminds me of is pre-buff VK B. The UFP is good sometimes, but anything with decent pen and its just meh, while at the same time having weakspots all over the top of the tank. Just Mediocre, and awkward more often than not.

It is also amusing that WG has kept the HP for this tank at 1000 while buffing the Ferdi, Both T28s for having unreliable armor. Somehow the AMX doesn't fit into that category  

I'm about 14k away from unlocking the Foch. Not really looking forward to it but the Foch 155 is kind of fun on the test server (even if I did bounce a 293 pen shell off an Object 263... twice).

Do you think that the AMX 50 Foch is viable for TD missions? Or would a Ferdi/Jagtiger be better?

4 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

I'm about 14k away from unlocking the Foch. Not really looking forward to it but the Foch 155 is kind of fun on the test server (even if I did bounce a 293 pen shell off an Object 263... twice).

Do you think that the AMX 50 Foch is viable for TD missions? Or would a Ferdi/Jagtiger be better?

JP2/Jagdtiger would be better.

22 hours ago, rojo180 said:

-French TDs-

With the dmx 48 how closely would you recommend staying with the team? I probably played far too aggressively the first time I went through it, but hitting ranged targets isn't exactly ideal with the 120mm either.

4 hours ago, Sabrechien said:

With the dmx 48 how closely would you recommend staying with the team? I probably played far too aggressively the first time I went through it, but hitting ranged targets isn't exactly ideal with the 120mm either.

Honestly mid to long range with tank.

The 120mm actually isn't awful at sniping, its just not the best at sniping. 

The closer you get the more likely the enemy team is going to pen, and with 1000 HP you can't really afford for you to do that.