Garbad

AW Release Date 1 OCT 2015

I figured this was worth its own thread for visibility.  AW is coming out quicker than expected:

http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/introducing-open-beta

- 1 Oct = Head start (preorder peeps)

- 8 Oct = full release, f2p for anyone

And here's the question on everyone's mind:  Should I preorder?

http://aw.my.com/us/founders-packs

The cheap pack is worthless, don't buy it.  IMO, the 2nd pack is ok.  The best thing about the pack is the commander (he gives 10% extra exp, nice for grinding) and the zhalo (a good pvp tank, crap pve - its a camo sniper, some love it many hate it).  Zhalo gets mixed reviews.  I love it and think it dominates pvp, good earner.  But a lot of people hate it.  LOW is a great buy in terms of bang for the buck.  Its like $200 worth in wot equivalent, or more, and some of the things are preorder exclusives.  I wrote reviews of the various preorder tanks.  Everyone agrees they are all good and varied.

More importantly, if you don't buy a founder's pack, you can't get it ever again.

I would personally do it either:

1) Buy the LOW pack if you have money to spend and are reasonably confident you like the game.  Its a great buy for the buck.

2) Try it F2P, and if you like the game, buy some gold and buy the MBT70.  MBT70 is the best prem.  You miss out on early access, the commander, and the other tanks you won't ever be able to buy, but you might save some cash and get to try before you commit.

AND ALSO:

You pubbie shitters are all invited to G ts for a launch party.  On release I will be playing probably mostly 5 man hard mode pvp with our premium tanks.  Zhalos can tag along too, or we will probably unlock other tiers pretty quickly too and start grinding them.  We usually have enough for at least 2 platoons, and spots open all the time, so stop by, hang out, and grind some tonks.

More importantly, if you don't buy a founder's pack, you can't get it ever again.

I think you forgot to mention that the Founder's Pack is not like in WoT where the M6 Mutant, Pz V/IV, and A-32 have never been sold to date.

AW promises a year of eexclusivity, and afterwards it's fair game to sell them again. So if you're tight on money, do not despair. (Unless they changed their policy since I read it.)

Is it possible to download the game already or will they release a complete new version upon release i.e. full 30gb dl ?
I started to dl the last time it was possible to test the game and just want to know when I need to plan 14 days ahead to load the client again...

Is it possible to download the game already or will they release a complete new version upon release i.e. full 30gb dl ?
I started to dl the last time it was possible to test the game and just want to know when I need to plan 14 days ahead to load the client again...

I would complete uninstall and reinstall on the 1st.  Some have had problems with patches in the past.

The armoredlabs forum should have never been merged with gameslabs. It's much more appropriate here on wotlabs.

2) Try it F2P, and if you like the game, buy some gold and buy the MBT70.  MBT70 is the best prem.  You miss out on early access, the commander, and the other tanks you won't ever be able to buy, but you might save some cash and get to try before you commit.

Based on the advice you provided me yesterday this is probably what I will be doing. It works best for my situation. I figure the main thing I'd miss out on is the commander but I already will be getting one from registering on the website early, and the premium time which I can purchase later when it's more convenient for me.

Since I'm not going to be in the head start are you also going to have a non-head start launch party on the 8th? I'd love to platoon up with some of you guys then.

Ill be joining the F2P-hype for a while, mainly playing MBTs because every thing else looks like shit. Was reading all the salt of (ex)-WOT players on AW-forum... Thinking the grass will be so much greener on the other side, the hate really turns them blind... we'll see how long that lasts... 

Thinking the grass will be so much greener on the other side, the hate really turns them blind... we'll see how long that lasts... 

The grass truly is greener. Let's see how long AW lasts before the inevitable infestation of toxicity transpires...

The grass truly is greener. Let's see how long AW lasts before the inevitable infestation of toxicity transpires...

Eh....It's better, but Obsidian has missed out on fixing major flaws like a proper spotting system.

Ill be joining the F2P-hype for a while, mainly playing MBTs because every thing else looks like shit. Was reading all the salt of (ex)-WOT players on AW-forum... Thinking the grass will be so much greener on the other side, the hate really turns them blind... we'll see how long that lasts... 

Wondered the same thing. Also, apart from Garbad there don't seem to be many voices for AW, neither positive or negative. Is simply no one playing? Garbad mentioned 5 man pve toons to avoid the queue. this kinda reinforces the thought.

Maybe related to this armored labs features 31 posts in 3 topics so far.

All in all "hype" looks different to me.

Agreed, AW is definitely in it's honeymoon phase where everyone is all nice and happy to be doing something other than WoT, but that will change.  One thing I liked about AW is when I got frustrated in PvP pubs I found myself just doing a few PvE matches and that really calmed me down.  

Wondered the same thing. Also, apart from Garbad there don't seem to be many voices for AW, neither positive or negative. Is simply no one playing? Garbad mentioned 5 man pve toons to avoid the queue. this kinda reinforces the thought.

They kept the population very low in alpha.  Practically no one was playing.  Like 200 people total.  I think that was a mistake, but hopefully population will boom now that open beta is here.

AW is just WoT with modern tanks. There is really nothing else to it. It will force WG to make a better game, that is the biggest thing I get out of it.

AW is just WoT with modern tanks. There is really nothing else to it. It will force WG to make a better game, that is the biggest thing I get out of it.

The same comparison could be made for all games in the same genre.  Everquest  > World of Warcraft, Call of Duty > Battlefield, etc.

At least there is something to compete against WoT now.  I am tired of getting 1 shot by arty.

Might swing by G TS on the launch day if I've got the time and brave enough, ironic coming from a 38 year old bloke being timid on TS and phones yet fine in person :feelsbad:

Edited by GazT4R

I wrote reviews of the various preorder tanks.  Everyone agrees they are all good and varied.

I'd like to read those reviews, where should I look for them?

I am not sure if this thread is what he is referring to, but there is a lot of decent info about AW here.  This post in particular breaks down the roles of the tanks nicely.

They kept the population very low in alpha.  Practically no one was playing.  Like 200 people total.  I think that was a mistake, but hopefully population will boom now that open beta is here.

sounds like WoWS.  meanwhile, I bought LoW yesterday, I'm hyped.

Might swing by G TS on the launch day if I've got the time and brave enough, ironic coming from a 38 year old bloke being timid on TS and phones yet fine in person :feelsbad:

Don't worry, internet tanks always has a high concentration of social retards.  You'll fit right in.

http://armoredtalk.com/2015/07/18/armored-warfare-premium-tanks-a-quick-rough-and-dirty-review/

http://armoredtalk.com/2015/09/16/garbad-reviews-some-of-the-premiums-in-armored-warfares-ea5-stage/

http://armoredtalk.com/2015/08/26/garbad-ranks-the-tier-2-4-main-battle-tanks-in-armored-warfare/

It is greener. The game runs better and looks better and has PVE that is fun. Already all I need.

Slightly off topic: while ordering the LOW pack I noticed that the website still has my user ID as u_#########, while my name is Staz in-game. I cannot for the life of me find a way to change my user ID on the website/forum. Anyone know what I'm missing?