Garbad

AW Release Date 1 OCT 2015

I'm dl'ing Star Citizen and then I'll start on Armored Warfare (3 Mbps internet is fucking terrible).

I tried to get the OB 155 by getting in on the Stress Test. Sadly it was a 40 GB download which took 2 days and then failed. By that time the reward window had passed and it wanted to do ANOTHER 20 GB download (over 24 hours of continuous comp/internet usage) to complete.

So I said fuck it and deleted the entire AW folder. Downloading from scratch as soon as SC finishes (probably around midnight tonight).

Anyone have any idea how big the AW total download is? Hell, at this rate I might be starting on Oct 8.

Edited by Razavn

Ok boys, I'm online now.

msg Garbad_the_Weak or get on G ts: 

wot.powerballzone.com

TC 1 channel, its open to public

Friends lists are reset, so I need ppl to reinvite me.

How long you gonna be online bb? I want to play with the Garmonster but I won't be able to for another 4 hours. 

I'm dl'ing Star Citizen and then I'll start on Armored Warfare (3 Mbps internet is fucking terrible).

I tried to get the OB 155 by getting in on the Stress Test. Sadly it was a 40 GB download with took 2 days and then it failed. By that time the time had passed and it wanted to do ANOTHER 20 GB download (over 24 hours of continuous comp/internet usage) to complete.

So I said fuck it and deleted the entire AW folder. Downloading from scratch as soon as SC finishes (probably around midnight tonight).

Anyone have any idea how big the AW total download is? Hell, at this rate I might be starting on Oct 8.

I did a fresh install, the download was 19.4? (jjust assume 20 GB)  GB. Not as bad as I thought. 

I tried to get the OB 155 by getting in on the Stress Test. Sadly it was a 40 GB download which took 2 days and then failed. By that time the reward window had passed and it wanted to do ANOTHER 20 GB download (over 24 hours of continuous comp/internet usage) to complete.

I have one of those in my garage, but I'm not sure why. I guess it's from those 3 games I played during early access a few months ago?

I'll be online again in a few hours if anyone wants to spam me invites/friend requests. I used the same name: monjardin

I have one of those in my garage, but I'm not sure why. I guess it's from those 3 games I played during early access a few months ago?

I'll be online again in a few hours if anyone wants to spam me invites/friend requests. I used the same name: monjardin

Everyone that was accepted in the early access will get the 155, plus founders and people that did the stress test.

How long you gonna be online bb? I want to play with the Garmonster but I won't be able to for another 4 hours. 

I did a fresh install, the download was 19.4? (jjust assume 20 GB)  GB. Not as bad as I thought. 

~3 hours from now

No.  Zhalo and MBT do, tho.

I don't think I got my 1 week bonus time.  :/

MBT 70 is from the Wolfi dealer not Shiskin.

I will be asking about prem tank balance on the forums because the devs have repeatedly said that premium tanks will be balanced between stock and fully upgraded equivalent tanks of their tier.

Edited by Krollin
Exclusive tanks are indeed the BMPT and ET

Hi guys, a noob question re premium tanks.

I know commander moves from tank to tank but what about the crew in a premium? Does a premium have its own crew as well or does it use an existing crew from another tank?

Hi guys, a noob question re premium tanks.

I know commander moves from tank to tank but what about the crew in a premium? Does a premium have its own crew as well or does it use an existing crew from another tank?

The commander is the only man/woman that moves.

The T-155 ? imho it feels like a ghetto T-62, but i don't have much experience in it.

Can any recommend a good AW forum ? i like WotLabs but it seems very Wot minded.

Alright well I played for a good 3 hours today solo (sorry G-man, got on too late for you :feelsbad:), and this game is just a wonderful breath of fresh air.

I like the huge maps that still have corridor-ish places for MBTs while remaining perfectly viable for the other 4 classes.

I like that, even fighting +3 or +4 Tiers above me, it's not like facing an E100 in a T32, or a Cromwell in an AMX 40. You can still spot, flank, slap with HE, or find weakspots with APCR/HEAT. This means that +/- 1 MM (and sometimes 2) like they're advertising will be dream scenario. Useful in 100% of your games, how magical is that?

I like the new mechanics. Having a cool activate-able skill on E is great. The passives from your Commander / Crew are also awesome. Spot someone and get 20% faster aiming for 20 secs? Hell yeah! 

I don't like, nor do I understand, the pubbie rage that I'm already seeing. Raging at a 1-day old game? What the fuck? Why do these people play these games if they don't enjoy them? I'm having as much fun as I did when I first started playing WoT in 2011 (read: a lot). Raging at team-mate positioning is the last thing that's on my mind right now.

BTW the Zhalo-S is just super fun to play. Here's my #BlackLivesMatter all-black Crew, featuring the Jenkins twins: Tyrone and Tyson, commanded by the ebony Goddess Sabrina Washington.

ZeweQVw.jpg

Hope to see you guys in-game.

My IGN is Twitch, add me if you wanna shoot some baddies :disco:

I downloaded at home and am doing it here at work as well.  Also bought the LoW pack.  First thing I noticed was that after dl'ing AW and then trying to play WoT my ping was terrible.  I didn't realize that my.com was using my PC as a seed host.  How much can you turn that down/off?  I restarted the PC and didn't allow my.com to run and my ping was it's normal 20ms.

Yeah I'm old and WoT/WoWS are the only games installed on my PC, I've been told Steam does this as well (got to tell my son about that, maybe he knows).

I downloaded at home and am doing it here at work as well.  Also bought the LoW pack.  First thing I noticed was that after dl'ing AW and then trying to play WoT my ping was terrible.  I didn't realize that my.com was using my PC as a seed host.  How much can you turn that down/off?  I restarted the PC and didn't allow my.com to run and my ping was it's normal 20ms.

Yeah I'm old and WoT/WoWS are the only games installed on my PC, I've been told Steam does this as well (got to tell my son about that, maybe he knows).

There is a setting to disable it in the launcher (red icon).

RZbMjks.jpg

Get rekt pubbies, T-64 unlocked in one day

There is a setting to disable it in the launcher (red icon).

OK I assume I found that.  Initial setting was to launch on Windows Start, Continue distributing when download has ended and 200 Maximum connections.  I unchecked the first two and lowered the max connections as my IT guy said he made it 0 on Steam for his son and it wouldn't allow him to play.  Can that just be set to 0 here?

kbfmMD2.png

Playing yesterday and was having a ton of fun.  Should have joined the G TS to hook up with folks.

Does anyone know if the Enemy/Friendly tank tags can be scaled?  They just seem to small for these my not-so-great eyes.