Fabunil

Skoda T-50 aka Lorraine 40t 2.0

Discuss the upcoming czech tier 9 medium here.

Stats with a 100% crew:

General:

• 1650 hp (average for a tier 9 med)
  • Weight 38.4 tons (it´s bad for ramming if you haven´t guessed)
  • Viewrange of 380 (quite bad for a tier 9, its the lowest of all tier 9 meds)
  • Radiorange of 850 (highest of all tier 9 meds, it´s not like it matters)

Gun:

• Topgun: 100 mm AK1 autoloader
  • Penetration APCR/HEAT/HE - 248/310/50
  • 3 shots in the magazine
  • 1.796 seconds between shots, so it potentially unloads 960 damage in 3.6 seconds
  • Magazinereload of just under 25 seconds
  • 8 degrees of gundepression, 20° gunelevation
  • alright bloomvalues considering it is an autoloader (better than the lorraine), though the bloomvalue after shooting is much worse than on the lorraine so expect it to shoot a lot faster than it aims
  • accuracy of 0.336, aimingtime of 2.4 (meh)

Mobility:

• best power/weight-ratio of all tier 9 mediums (but it gets fucked by its terrainresistancevalues making it a lot more sluggish than you would expect from that engine)
  • Traversespeed of 42°/seconds, depending on the stockengine this could be very good or just alright (gotta love how WG calculates the traversespeed of vehicles...)
  • Topspeed/Reversespeed of 50/20, rather low for that enginepower, the same as the T62A
  • Turrettraverse of 37.5°/sec

Softstats:

t50_004.jpg

Armor:

t50_002.jpg

t50_003.jpg

Neither the frontal turret nor the frontal hull will bounce much except for when the shot hits the armor at a riccochetangle.

The sidearmor is 40mm thick so it gets overmatched by the russian 122mm and higher, but you can sidescrape against 120mm guns and lower.

Source: wot-news

I'm not sure if I have the math right, but it looks like the DPM is exactly the same as the Lorraine. So, it trades off the ability to solo assassinate same tier and lower tanks for greatly limited exposure. Nobody with alpha that matters will reload before you can dump your whole clip. Of course, the T54E1 can probably do what this thing does even better.

Looks pretty terrible. It's like it's trying to emulate both the Lorraine and the T54E1 but couldn't dedicate all the way, so it just compromised between both of them.
The armor is better, but it's not nearly enough to matter. The autoloader could have been good, but the shot dispersion is way too much. Faster than a T54E1, but not fast enough to matter.
Funny cause it looks like an IS-3 and it's pretty much exactly an IS-3 combined with a Lorraine, but it only gets the worst traits out of both of them.

Looks more fun than Lorraine.

Similar APCR pen, but APCR is standard, and it has an optional HEAT round.

I love that interclip time, but it is very sad that it takes 25 seconds to reload just 960 damage at tier 9.  

Lorraine is huge, how big is this?

(standard line about supertest stats being subject to change)

The clip reload seems way too long for the dmg it deals, i mean, a T30 (which has poor dpm) reloads in 17 sec and deals 750 dmg, this thing deals 960 dmg and needs 25 sec, so 3 reloads of T30 equal 2 of Skoda, thats means 4x750 vs 3x960, and T30 has more pen and less exposure time, i know which is better....

(and thats T30, a WTF P4 with 10 sec reloads can in those same 50 seconds shoot 6x, meaning it deals 3360 dmg, thats 500 more, with superior pen and gun handling, and a WTF is fast enough and flexible enough to dish out dmg on any map and in any situation, something i dont see this skoda doing with these stats...

This tank has potential, but it needs a dpm and bloom buff

ps: perhaps skoda can mount a rammer? Chi Ri can, and this tank also has a non-autoloader gun, that would buff dpm 10%, making it a bit better as T30 and with 22 sec clip reload it looks already much more dangerous, 22 sec for 960 dmg you can spread over multiple targets is fairly powerfull (if the rest doesnt suck)

ps: perhaps skoda can mount a rammer? Chi Ri can, and this tank also has a non-autoloader gun, that would buff dpm 10%, making it a bit better as T30 and with 22 sec clip reload it looks already much more dangerous, 22 sec for 960 dmg you can spread over multiple targets is fairly powerfull (if the rest doesnt suck)

Usually the tanks that have a non-autoloader-stockgun but are able to mount an autoloader (Chi-Ri, SP 1 C, 59-16, AT 7) are also able to mount a rammer so I expect the same will be true for the skoda.

Usually the tanks that have a non-autoloader-stockgun but are able to mount an autoloader (Chi-Ri, SP 1 C, 59-16, AT 7) are also able to mount a rammer so I expect the same will be true for the skoda.

Unfortunately T37 and M41 WB can't say the same for this rule :(

Much better than lorraine.

In realistic combat situations Lorraine would never be able to output its 6 shot clips in anything except a 500 meter snipe or a Hail Mary, not to mention long interdrum makes it so that it barely wins any trade even with autoloader.

Skoda on the otherhand can bounce most LT shells on anywhere except lower plate(huge advantage in late-game), 3.6 burst means it will have advantage in a localized trade even against a fast reloading tank such as t-54 or a high alpha tank such as wz-111.

Going to agree with Carbon here.  Yeah, it may not have the same maximum burst as your lorry, but it'll be a lot more effective with what it's got.  A 6 round drum in most cases is more than you will use in one go, so a slightly smaller one with a shorter reload is nicer and less time between shots is nice.  Also, you've got at least a little armor to get lucky bounces and stop HE, which I often find can be handy on occasion.  Depending on how it's done, the mantlet could eat up snapshots at your turret.

The reason I like my T69 so much is that it gets the clip out fast without having a cripplingly long drum reload, plus you're not a giant paper barn with shit aim time (though I suppose the T 50 isn't all too small).

Skoda on the otherhand can bounce most LT shells on anywhere except lower plate(huge advantage in late-game)

The Skoda has Leopard-level of armor, at most it will stop HE shells and some of the low-pen tier 6 scouts if they shoot ap into the turret or the upper hullarmor, for everything else the whole tank is basicly an autopen if they don´t hit it at an riccochetangle.

I'm always leery of small drum revolver tanks, particularly if they have fast intra-drum recycle rates. At the least, it looks like it'll have enough penetration to avoid the Chi-Ri's biggest problem.

My main issue with the chi ri was it not only had low pen, but it doesn't really have decent speed, armor, or size to get around that.

248 APCR pen? Ok here we have the future APCR pens for all T10 med guns. Seems they are going for the tested stats we had some months ago.

It might just be for balance reasons, since the ability to burst out 1000 dmg in less than 4 seconds can only be matched by T54E1.

Edited by CarbonWard