engineered

Exploit detected in latest WOT patch

ClamAV detected this in my wot/updates folder.  Anyone else?  Security experts?
Swf.Exploit.CVE_2015_0322

Looks like not a big deal (as long as your flash player is up to date), probably WG is using out of date Flash.
https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2015-0322/

Use-after-free vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player before 13.0.0.269 and 14.x through 16.x before 16.0.0.305 on Windows and OS X and before 11.2.202.442 on Linux allows attackers to execute arbitrary code via unspecified vectors, a different vulnerability than CVE-2015-0313, CVE-2015-0315, and CVE-2015-0320.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2c10db35bade401c5d9e4a3ccb26d93a017c234fed002a33bc3bd717746fd2d4/analysis/1443812513/

VirusTotal
SHA256:2c10db35bade401c5d9e4a3ccb26d93a017c234fed002a33bc3bd717746fd2d4
File name:wot_9A.6770_9A.6687_client.patch
Detection ratio:1 / 55
Analysis date:2015-10-02 19:01:53 UTC ( 0 minutes ago )
AntivirusResultUpdate
ClamAVSwf.Exploit.CVE_2015_032220151002
Edited by engineered

Dude... this is the source of Relhax.exe.... way to fuck us over mang

Doh! Loz is gonna be so mad!

Nothing to worry about unless you want to open certain documents/files through WoT... 

WOT launcher is always opening new files daily...

Doh! Loz is gonna be so mad!

WOT launcher is always opening new files daily...

But not any that you downloaded from a third party. If WG used that exploit it's bye bye company. 

As with a good 85% of exploits it requires a user to be stupid so just don't download any apps perpetrating as WoT or any dodgy software that could potentially redirect traffic and you should be just fine.

WoT launcher would have to be hoodwinked into seeing an 'update' from another server, download and run it - of which that kind of exploit would be the least of your concerns as it would run anything it wanted (providing your AV doesn't catch anything in progress)

Could this be how WG is checking for illegal mods? They keep hinting they have a way to do it. Are they shady enough to use a exploit to do it?  I'm no expert so I have no idea how it could be used.

Could this be how WG is checking for illegal mods? They keep hinting they have a way to do it. Are they shady enough to use a exploit to do it?  I'm no expert so I have no idea how it could be used

No.

Imagine the police tells you that if a bank was robbed, they'd never be able to find out. Suddenly there's an influx in bank robberies.As of right now, there are very few/(or even none at all) viable ways WG can check for illegal modifications.

No.

Imagine the police tells you that if a bank was robbed, they'd never be able to find out. Suddenly there's an influx in bank robberies.As of right now, there are very few/(or even none at all) viable ways WG can check for illegal modifications.

right now it is trivial to check for illegal mods, because no one is writing mods that are trying to hide what they do.

as WG starts enforcing (or if) you will see mods adjust or stop being developed based on the interest level in maintaining it.

Could this be how WG is checking for illegal mods? They keep hinting they have a way to do it. Are they shady enough to use a exploit to do it?  I'm no expert so I have no idea how it could be used.

Lol nope, they are shit at doing it. WG EU at least does nothing about it. I will repeat myself. 3 accounts ago I got very angry at WG so I decided to prove a point and set up a bot. At that time I was 51.5% WR overall, 1250WN8. Then I played 3000 battles with 690WN8 and 47% Win rate purely botting, the drop was huge and very noticeable so it could only be botting or a bought account (still illegal in Wot). You know what happened after 3 months? Nothing. I got so bored I posted about it on EU forums and one of the top mods said he will have to report me for that. He did, it took them 1.5 months to ban that account after I wrote on the forums I used bots. So yeah their system for detecting stuff is "is this player famous and we see his streams?" or "did that guy get 3000 reports for AFK". Outside of that they probably do squat.

1 to 1.5-ish months is the time it takes for accounts to be deleted no matter what the reason in my experience, whether botting or player-requested.

Edited by Terekhov

1 to 1.5-ish months is the time it takes for accounts to be deleted no matter what the reason in my experience, whether botting or player-requested.

Yes but there also was the time when I botted for 3 months, it was obvious as fuck ( i looked how the bot plays and jesus it was obvious, though it really begs a question how do people manage 44-45% winrate, my bots did better and they were really badly configured). So nope, their detection system doesn't work if I can bot for 4.5 months before they catch me and it only happens after I write on the official forums "hurr durr wg sucks, bots aren't banned and I'm the proof".