Denizzje

Which navies are planned further?

With the Germans and Soviets now getting partially included later this month, I am actually wondering which navies are to be included as well. I can't really find anything about that subject, but I can be quite retarded so I might have missed a whole planned tech tree. Below is my own ramblings about what I see possible for the future.

- Ofcourse, the British, that is self explanitory.

- German Battleships and destroyers ofcourse, but is there any word on aircraft carriers for them?

- I am not sure how the Soviets are to be shaped further apart from destroyers, as they didn't build any large ships during WWII I think. Perhaps lots of paper designs?

- French. I am not sure if the French are able to go to tier 10 due to them not being able to design / build ships from 1940-1945. Paper designs as well?

- Italians seem very likely to me, but maybe the highest tiers might give difficulties due to them stopping any development after 1943 if not earlier.

- Smaller European navies. For example I can think of some Dutch destroyers and cruisers, but no way we can get all the way to tier X obviously, as our largest ship was a light cruiser and we decided that for our naval expansion programme it would be a wise idea to order Battlecruiser designs from Germany. Other navies I can think off are Polish destroyers, Norwegian destroyers, Swedish destroyers and cruisers, Spanish destroyers, cruisers and an odd battleship. Perhaps all premiums for the Royal Navy, or some kind of handicapped EU tree which seems unlikely?

I've seen lines for DE CVs and some of the others you mentioned.  Some of those lines were built from things devs said.  Others are speculative.  We won't really know until they enter testing.  

Just about every WWI country, should be able to field ships up to tier 5.  It is a question of if they want to flood the server with the low tiers knowing that they can not progress further.   Of course, nothing prevents them from merging country lines later... keep progressing down Austrio-Hungry and the tier 6 ship warps you over to the German lines.  

Yeah, I think the crux will be, do they only add navies that can complete all lines (DD, CA, BB, CV), or will they bastardize some countries somehow? I'm not sure the French, for example, could field carriers from tier IV to X, even if they used paper designs. All I can think of is the Bearn and the Joffre classes. You could largely say that for any remaining navies, outside the british. The Germans only really ever got one afloat, I don't think the Italians ever had one etc etc

If you leave out carriers, then I think the French and Italians could certainly field a navy in WoWS. I'm less sure about the Australians and Dutch and the smaller European navies. Hell, even the Canadians had an aircraft carriers, but  most everything of theirs was clearly British designs.

Yeah, I think the crux will be, do they only add navies that can complete all lines (DD, CA, BB, CV), or will they bastardize some countries somehow? I'm not sure the French, for example, could field carriers from tier IV to X, even if they used paper designs. All I can think of is the Bearn and the Joffre classes. You could largely say that for any remaining navies, outside the british. The Germans only really ever got one afloat, I don't think the Italians ever had one etc etc

If you leave out carriers, then I think the French and Italians could certainly field a navy in WoWS. I'm less sure about the Australians and Dutch and the smaller European navies. Hell, even the Canadians had an aircraft carriers, but  most everything of theirs was clearly British designs.

The Italian Regia Marina almost had a carrier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_aircraft_carrier_Aquila

if they decide to include anything that was in the process of conversion to a CV, then that might open some possibilities...I still don't think most navies could field 6 unique carriers, be they proposed, in the process of conversion or what have you.

I still hope they do the Italian navy...while their BBs were not awesome, the Zara class crusiers were pretty bad ass, even with no torpedoes, they would club other crusiers down, except of course for the HE meta which would burn them up like any other ship

France should get carriers in some capacity, as they actually had an operational carrier (even if it never launched a plane in combat) and dedicated carrier aircraft in the time period. Germany is certainly getting carriers for the wehrabux, and it'd be awfully dumb to give Germany an imaginary carrier tree likely with invented ships at the high tiers if France didn't get the same.

For French CVs, if we include paper ship, you have the bearn, Joffre-class and the project to convert Jean-Bart to a CV (some studies exists) plus all US and britsh lease just after WW2. Maybe not to tier 10 but at least 7/8.

I like the idea of an "Allied" tech tree with ships from other navies (Polish, Dutch, etc.) that actively participate on both WW.

France should get carriers in some capacity, as they actually had an operational carrier (even if it never launched a plane in combat) and dedicated carrier aircraft in the time period. Germany is certainly getting carriers for the wehrabux, and it'd be awfully dumb to give Germany an imaginary carrier tree likely with invented ships at the high tiers if France didn't get the same.

Kriegsmarine had CV's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_of_Germany

The plans for rebuilding the KM under Hitler can be read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_Z

Edited by Krollin

The Canadian aircraft carrier made of ice and torpedo resistant? Well, somewhat British.

I didn't expect that to be a real link.  I took it as seriously as beaver powered DDs running on maple syrup. 

I'd love to see multiple bastardized lines of interesting real ships as opposed to single nation lines of pretend stuff.  I guess tiering becomes an issue though, since most countries that couldn't complete a single line are likely to all end around the same time period equating to the same tier ceiling in game.  The game needs some sexier ships though, I'm sure Italians would be nice. 

I didn't expect that to be a real link.  I took it as seriously as beaver powered DDs running on maple syrup. 

I'd love to see multiple bastardized lines of interesting real ships as opposed to single nation lines of pretend stuff.  I guess tiering becomes an issue though, since most countries that couldn't complete a single line are likely to all end around the same time period equating to the same tier ceiling in game.  The game needs some sexier ships though, I'm sure Italians would be nice. 

Lel. I watched a documentary on it a few years ago. Interesting concept, but failed.

Kriegsmarine had CV's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_carriers_of_Germany

The plans for rebuilding the KM under Hitler can be read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_Z

The closest Germany got to an operational carrier was Graf Zeppelin, a floating lumber yard. The closest France got to an operational carrier was... an operational carrier.

Of the two lines, I would find it rather more annoying if they excluded the one with an actual functioning ship.

I do admit I love reading the design and production history of the Graf Zeppelin.

"Ok. It needs at least 8 15cm guns to ward of ships."

"Just kidding. It needs 16 15cm guns. That will of course be no problem working that into the design?"

"Oh hey I know you guys pretty much got done redesigning the whole ship around those guns but we've decided to ditch those guns."

A part of me really hopes they don't add many more CVs.  I'm cool with ones that actually existed, but I can totally see some Soviet line getting added with superior everything except spotting range.  It's nice to see real tier 10 ships that are decent to play, much like the IS-7 in tanks. 

With the Germans and Soviets now getting partially included later this month, I am actually wondering which navies are to be included as well. I can't really find anything about that subject, but I can be quite retarded so I might have missed a whole planned tech tree. Below is my own ramblings about what I see possible for the future.

- Ofcourse, the British, that is self explanitory.

- German Battleships and destroyers ofcourse, but is there any word on aircraft carriers for them?

- I am not sure how the Soviets are to be shaped further apart from destroyers, as they didn't build any large ships during WWII I think. Perhaps lots of paper designs?

- French. I am not sure if the French are able to go to tier 10 due to them not being able to design / build ships from 1940-1945. Paper designs as well?

- Italians seem very likely to me, but maybe the highest tiers might give difficulties due to them stopping any development after 1943 if not earlier.

- Smaller European navies. For example I can think of some Dutch destroyers and cruisers, but no way we can get all the way to tier X obviously, as our largest ship was a light cruiser and we decided that for our naval expansion programme it would be a wise idea to order Battlecruiser designs from Germany. Other navies I can think off are Polish destroyers, Norwegian destroyers, Swedish destroyers and cruisers, Spanish destroyers, cruisers and an odd battleship. Perhaps all premiums for the Royal Navy, or some kind of handicapped EU tree which seems unlikely?

I would love to see Dutch ships but you probably would need to go Age of Sail to see Dutch fleets capable of dominating a bit.. :(

Still batter than tanks which we don't even have :'(

Edited by Golem501

You have caravans instead :)

:P 
THAT is why we need tanks... to take care of those... damn those things! 

Well not every navy has to have a carrier at tier 4 and same goes with battleships, they can start it later down the line. Not every navy needs a carrier line either, a premium CV is understandable though

Well not every navy has to have a carrier at tier 4 and same goes with battleships, they can start it later down the line. Not every navy needs a carrier line either, a premium CV is understandable though

France can do tier 4 through 6 or 7 easily enough, if you don't mind using post-war UK loans. For 8-10 you can invent some battleship conversions. I imagine that'll be how all the nations other than UK look.