Never

WoT Console Support Survey

I'm not interested in it personally, but I don't see any reason why broadening the reach of this forum would be a bad idea.

Agreed.

I'm not interested in it personally, but I don't see any reason why broadening the reach of this forum would be a bad idea.

do non shit players exist on the xbox version? :unicum:

this.

Tanks and tactics are simillar if not the same on both platforms, I don't think it would be a bad idea to share opinions with console ppl. I think there are already some roaming the forums, I remember seeing some introductions from xbox players.

If by "console support" you mean the whole calculation of WN8 and statistics tracking, I don't see why not, even though you, @Never, know way better than us if the servers are capable of tracking that amount of surplus data. If the servers can't and you would need an upgrade, then I think that just fourm support could be a good starting point, if the response is good, then maybe the WN8 tracking could follow

No, WN8 support for console will probably never happen since the whole process would need to happen again (different dataset, different expected values) and I don't think anyone here particularly cares enough to invest time into that. They already have their own website which gives them "WN8" signatures (lol).

That being said a subforum for them is probably an alright idea. Bear in mind that they have all of their tanks at basically prenerf PC form.

Hey guys!

I'm running a quick survey to gauge general interest in supporting WoT Console on WoTLabs. If you have a few seconds to spare, please fill it out!

http://goo.gl/forms/08ws8tRf83

Cheers!

As an XBox player, I appreciate your willingness to investigate this.    Back when Orrie originally created a script to reformat the Xbox stat page, he graciously worked with me to create an "export" from the stat page and I utilized the file(s) produced to create a database and my own stat sig heavily based upon yours(though, I created it with in an animated gif format because.. reasons).

I don't know how much you have discussed with LadyO and the other admins for the Xbox side, but one issue to be aware of is that even their own internal API which powers each players stat page is..well.. crap.  It provides inconsistent data and does not conform to the programing principle of atomic changes as well as tanks that just seem to suddenly disappear for no reason.    Just be forewarned....

No, WN8 support for console will probably never happen since the whole process would need to happen again (different dataset, different expected values) and I don't think anyone here particularly cares enough to invest time into that. They already have their own website which gives them "WN8" signatures (lol).

That being said a subforum for them is probably an alright idea. Bear in mind that they have all of their tanks at basically prenerf PC form.

If the WN8 team utilized a program to calculate WN8 values based upon a dataset, I don't see why a different dataset could not be utilized for the Xbox... I can't see it being much different than the periodic refreshes that happen for the PC to keep data up to date... of course, there could be something I am missing in the process of how the data is massaged.

As far as tank stats pre nerf....that is part true and part untrue.   We have gotten some bits and pieces of PC buff/nerfs, but at the same time the Xbox diverged and did their own thing(which I frankly hate TBH).    The primary issue that still gives us the biggest source of grief is the tier X TD nerf you guys got in/around 8.9 I think.    WAAAYY back early last year, they did the PC 8.8(?) German rebalance but totally cocked i up by giving all the nerfs and ZERO buffs and well shitstorm cometh.  

do non shit players exist on the xbox version? :unicum:

Depends upon your definition of shit players.   There are a small minority of unicum Xbox players and a decent population of roughly blue/green players just like on the PC.   And of course, as on the PC, there are loads of really, really potatoe players.   

Make a separate, console centric forum.

Good idea, or at least a Console section in the existing forum and see what traffic is like.  The question is will they be willing to switch systems to access the forum?

If the WN8 team utilized a program to calculate WN8 values based upon a dataset, I don't see why a different dataset could not be utilized for the Xbox... I can't see it being much different than the periodic refreshes that happen for the PC to keep data up to date... of course, there could be something I am missing in the process of how the data is massaged.

As far as tank stats pre nerf....that is part true and part untrue.   We have gotten some bits and pieces of PC buff/nerfs, but at the same time the Xbox diverged and did their own thing(which I frankly hate TBH).    The primary issue that still gives us the biggest source of grief is the tier X TD nerf you guys got in/around 8.9 I think.    WAAAYY back early last year, they did the PC 8.8(?) German rebalance but totally cocked i up by giving all the nerfs and ZERO buffs and well shitstorm cometh.  

it's not being updated anymore. Gryphon (rightfully so I would say) got tired of the bullshit spouted at him every time expected values changed and has left them be for some time now. They only thing is adding in new tanks when they're released. That being said if there's an API that is functional and provides all of the data used in PC WNx calculations I imagine he wouldn't mind too much if someone gave him the dataset.  I could see about downloading the entire Xbox database when I build a server later this year, but even that means a huge time commitment to get everything (and I'm not going to pay for an Amazon cloud server to run that). 

it's not being updated anymore. Gryphon (rightfully so I would say) got tired of the bullshit spouted at him every time expected values changed and has left them be for some time now. They only thing is adding in new tanks when they're released. That being said if there's an API that is functional and provides all of the data used in PC WNx calculations I imagine he wouldn't mind too much if someone gave him the dataset.  I could see about downloading the entire Xbox database when I build a server later this year, but even that means a huge time commitment to get everything (and I'm not going to pay for an Amazon cloud server to run that). 

Re: API... there is not... I have been bitching and moaning about it for well more than a year...hell, half of the time, the players stat pages are missing some tank or another which throws off the calculations over on the wotinfo site.     Something is seriously wrong with their transactional data process utilized by their internal API that feeds the player stat pages, so while kind of excited about something, I am also quite dubious about it's daily value being accurate.

I have literally had days where someone I was monitoring and extracting data had his battle count in a tank increase by ONE and his win count increased by TWO....WFT Wargaming!?!?!?!?!?   I mean, imagine if you went to the bank and transferred $500 from savings to checking, it pulled the money from savings and then just disappear without going into checking...

Edited by JoeDaFrogman