So I've been playing about 3 weeks. I'm running all kinds of tanks, mostly up to tier 4 now. My first tier 5 is a M41 HMC SPG. I have a T-28 that I'm working to upgrade to my first heavy, the KV-1. It's a lot of money so I'm saving up the money and some free XP to help with unlocking stuff on it. I have several questions.

I did very well with all the SPGs up until tier 5, where all of a sudden I can't seem to win a game. The M41 HMC has awful accuracy. Just terrible. I'm afraid to shoot now because the damn thing always misses. However, it works great in shotgun mode at the end of a losing match where the first scout to find me gets a face full of lead. The second scout gets a free kill to pad his stats since the reload is so damn slow.

Should I wait to see if there's a sale on the KV-1? How long should I wait? It's very expensive.

Should I wait to get my first set of perks before purchasing the KV-1? I've never had a crew member with a perk. It takes a very long time to grind crew XP.

Should I keep the T-28 or sell it after upgrading to the KV-1? I kinda like it but all the gold for training and slots is getting me down. Maybe the wonderfulness of the KV-1 will help me forget I ever had a T-28?

How do I find out about what sales are currently being offered? I only seem to discover them by accident when I'm in the game, (like last weekend when retraining was only 100G instead of 200G.)

Edited by Helsemaine

Hi!

• You need a good crew for arty, so it takes a lot of games till you get BIA. It is also advised to use food (premium consumables) but that would be expensive for you.
  • You should get yourself a premium account, it really helps.
  • Tier 5's are on discount quite often, but I wouldn't wait if I were you.
  • KV-1 is fine when you have a fresh crew, start with repairs obviously.
  • Some people like T-28 a lot, I have a friend who played >3000 battles in it. I say sell it, move on. You're gonna find some other fun tanks to play.
  • For discounts keep checking WoT website and reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/

Welcome to the unofficial forum, were all the crazies and those banned from the official forums go.

So I've been playing about 3 weeks. I'm running all kinds of tanks, mostly up to tier 4 now. My first tier 5 is a M41 HMC SPG. I have a T-28 that I'm working to upgrade to my first heavy, the KV-1. It's a lot of money so I'm saving up the money and some free XP to help with unlocking stuff on it. I have several questions.

I did very well with all the SPGs up until tier 5, where all of a sudden I can't seem to win a game. The M41 HMC has awful accuracy. Just terrible. I'm afraid to shoot now because the damn thing always misses. However, it works great in shotgun mode at the end of a losing match where the first scout to find me gets a face full of lead. The second scout gets a free kill to pad his stats since the reload is so damn slow. M41 HMC is pretty bad unless you got a good crew and equipment. The M44 is much better.

Should I wait to see if there's a sale on the KV-1? How long should I wait? It's very expensive. I personally dont find it very expensive, but I've got tier 8s and looking at buying a tier 9 soon. Normal tanks, tiers 1-6 go on sale when their line has an on track mission. I personally would just purchase it anyway.

Should I wait to get my first set of perks before purchasing the KV-1? I've never had a crew member with a perk. It takes a very long time to grind crew XP. The T-28 is a medium tank with a medium crew, so I wouldn't worry to much about getting a perk on it before moving to the KV-1.

Should I keep the T-28 or sell it after upgrading to the KV-1? I kinda like it but all the gold for training and slots is getting me down. Maybe the wonderfulness of the KV-1 will help me forget I ever had a T-28? You probably sell it becuase of how much better the KV-1 will be. I would recommend that stop spending gold lower tier tanks has you flip thorugh lower tier tanks so quickly. I would retrain with gold when I was moving a crew into a higher tier such has tier 7 or 8.

How do I find out about what sales are currently being offered? I only seem to discover them by accident when I'm in the game, (like last weekend when retraining was only 100G instead of 200G.) Best way is to go the official website on a regular basis and just check for sales. You can also look in the missions tab and the tech tree to see what is on sale.

Kv-1 isnt that expensive, and I doubt there will be a sale on it anytime soon. Just keep playing matches and grinding out credits. I recommend getting a premium account

Usually its good to go with sixth sense as the first commander perk. For the rest of the crew I usually go for repairs, unless im playing arty or some lights.

Sell the t-28 after you reach the Kv-1. I dont recommend keeping it unless you really really enjoy it

Everytime you open the WoT launcher click on every News post/Article as it always tells you about upcoming and current sales that you may have not known about.

If you want, you can add me as a friend ingame and we can platoon so I can teach you a couple of things.

Also welcome to WoTlabs

Edited by Lord_Of_Honesty

I wouldent really wait for the kv1 as it really ends up paying for itself

tier 5s are pretty great on their own for credit grinding if you are bad and the KV is very forgiving 

also, if you are not paying for the game, I would recommend using the gold you get from little events only for equipment switching as it can make 10 gold effectively worth 250k credits

one final note: arty is a bad and unrewarding class, the lines wont teach you anything about the rest of the game and preforming at a non shit level is rather dependent on running a no expenses spared setup