hall0

Bonuses for emblems and inscriptions

Hey,

I think this change is worth an extra thread, because this is with the render range change the most significant change we will get in 10.0 or maybe in another future patch.

So far emblems and inscription were totaly useless. I personally never used them, because why would I? Most of them look stupid and ruin the look of my tanks. Anyway. WG seemed to figured out that the sells of these are not satisfyingand they have to change something. And probably after some bottles of Wodka the grandiose idea was born to simply copy the flag system we have in WoWs. Flags there are not only for the looks, but also give bonuses. Now the WoT shitlords will surely buy all the embles.:awyeah:

Ok enough of shittalk. This change is pretty uninposing in the patchlog.

• Added bonuses from Inscriptions and Emblems to crew members' characteristics

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/10/test-server-is-up.html#more

What it means, is that every inscription will give you a 1% crew bonus on your tank. You can have up to two inscriptions which results in a +2% bonus here.
But it does not stop here. Emblems can give you another +1% bonus per emblem or give you up to 2% bonus for indicidual crew members. I will quote Griffin form another thread here "The 2% are too situational to be relied upon in random battles and at that point the 1% for individual crew become pointless in favor of bumping the whole crew, some might be useful for teamplay though as some of the crew roles have 2% that correspond to".

What it means is,you can decide if you want 1% bonus on your loader all the time or 2% bonus but with a restriciton. For example "Only on winter maps etc" "Only when you have 80% of your hp and more" etc.

Griffin did some test what you could achieve with several combinations. Eventhoug I think the "2% loader, 2% crew" version is wrong because when I calculate these, it should be between 4% crew and 2%crew+4% loader.

Small test I ran

Obj 430
5.06 - bia, food, vents, rammer (used as baseline)
4.96 - 2% loader, 2% crew
4.96 - 4% crew
4.87 - 2% crew, 4% loader

Anyway. As you can see, you can boost your crew quite a bit. For arty it is nice, because the almost have 80% of their hitpoints all the time. They can get sime nice bonuses from here. And we all know, that one thing what WoT needs is, is faster shooting arty.

For CW or Strongholds this could become also quite handy. You know before the battle on which maps you will fight. So you can choose the 2% sitational emblem boost for a certain map and get an advantage.

One special case i found was the IS-5. In the last campaign you haven´t just won the IS-5 but also some special camo and emblems. These emblems do not work like all the other emblems. They wont give you any crew bonus but give you camo bonus. They work like normal camo and will stack. 15% camo bonus according to the interface. If I use the camo caculator this means you can basically cruise around with an activated camo net.

shot_001rksi6.jpg

Also one thing worth mentioning. If you decide to remove your reward emblem and change it with another one, it will disapear! Atleast I could not find it anymore.

Some things to note:

-The crewspecific emblems are mostly useless/inferior to the emblems that benefit all crewmembers (why the fuck would you want an emblem that gives you 1% to the commander when you can get 1% for all crewmembers INCLUDING the commander? The 2% bonuses have certain conditions attached to them like you mentioned (e.g only on summer-maps, only when 80%+ hp etc making them only kinda usefull when playing clanwars (i.e you know the type of map you will be playing on) or when playing arty because of that 80%+ hp condition)

Eventhoug I think the "2% loader, 2% crew" version is wrong because when I calculate these, it should be between 4% crew and 2%crew+4% loader.

What did you calculate? 2 times 2% extra crew% is the same as 4% extra crew% (crew% is additive, not multiplicative, BIA and vents together give the same bonus as food)

Also, lol at the IS-5-emblems, too bad you can´t move all that extra camo on a tank that can actually benefit from that insane bonus...

For randoms the 1% ones were imo the best, 2nd best being the summer 2% one. Managed to get STB-1's reload down to 6.08s with 2% Emblems + Inscriptions. With 1% ones, the reload was 6,27s. Cant remember the one without these bonuses.

For M46: with 2% emblems=6,84s,  1%=6,94s, with no emblems or inscriptions it's 7,12s (All values with food, BiA, vents and rammer)

What did you calculate? 2 times 2% extra crew% is the same as 4% extra crew% (crew% is additive, not multiplicative, BIA and vents together give the same bonus as food)

Yeah. But I think I had some kind of brain fuck. I went for 2% crew results in 1% improvement and the 2% loader actually improves it by 2%. So it would have been 3% improvement over all.

So basically we can buy another set of vents on our tonks to punish the poor and the grinding?

Yes.

Edited by hall0

As far as I can see though just having the 1% crew ones are the best option no? 

Just add 4% to all crew all the time. (if you have all 4 slots) 

Hmm made a testdrive on my E50M with and without the emblems (4% crew)

It seemed to have no effect at all.

With emblems and inscriptions

shot_012gpznw.jpg

Without anything

shot_014crukd.jpg

But a bear instead of ace of spades seemed to have an effect

shot_0173lsiz.jpg

But a bear instead of ace of spades seemed to have an effect

Stronk Bear!

GrizzlyBearRoar_1_web-large_medium.jpg

PS: WG is going out of their way to make gold more useful. It sucks.

Yup, more p2w stuff from WG, who would have thought. (And the usual "but you can buy it with credits" excuse can't be missing of course)

Gonna put this on my arty just to piss people off:QBFlip:

My main gripe is that is looks stupid as hell to have all of those emblems. Inscriptions are usually ok, but the emblems are fugly as all hell. I wont be getting any as I like my standard emblems thank you very much...

My main gripe is that is looks stupid as hell to have all of those emblems. Inscriptions are usually ok, but the emblems are fugly as all hell. I wont be getting any as I like my standard emblems thank you very much...

Pretty much this.

Most emblems are terrible, and the fact that you can't even choose it yourself (you're choosing depending on the bonus, not the looks) makes it even worse.
I can live with inscriptions, but I'll have to spend a lot of time researching the Russian/Chinese/Japanese ones since I can't even read their alphabet.

The bonus is nice though, so I guess I'll have to use some skin mod to not see the emblems, which is dumb.

If they are going to make emblems and inscriptions give a bonus I'm not sure why they made it so that different emblems get different bonuses. After all, some people have emblems they like looking at but provides a bonus they don't desire.

In my opinion, what they should have done, is made it so that you can put any emblem/inscription on and then CHOOSE what bonus you want to receive from each emblem.

In my opinion, what they should have done, is made it so that you can put any emblem/inscription on and then CHOOSE what bonus you want to receive from each emblem.

But then the fools people who bought emblems that give them extra radiorange before the patch wouldn´t have to rebuy all their emblems :retard:

My math skills are long underused, the 'test' I ran with the 430 was messing around with the emblems and entering pubs/training rooms, those numbers are from wot's ingame reload timer. 

Little miffed WG doesn't have the emblems change the crew skill in garage, like it does for food/vents/bia.

On a sort of related note I noticed that emblems seem to 'face' the front of the tank instead of being a static graphic; they will mirror to face the correct way.  Small example are the Eagles not looking at the rear of the tank if it's on a particular side. I'm sure WG screwed up with some country's flag and have it always backwards though :P  

But then the fools people who bought emblems that give them extra radiorange before the patch wouldn´t have to rebuy all their emblems :retard:

To be honest I think the whole emblems give bonuses thing is crap and is a fairly blatant money grab.

I'm just saying I think more people would be accepting of it if they allowed you to choose the bonus.

Anyone noticed that emblems and inscriptions you buy on the server for gold say unlimited, but those you bought for gold which are already on tanks, say 985 days... Seeing as they cost the same why do pre 10.0 emblems only last 985 days?

Seriously how is this P2W if you can spend credits and anyone can use em?

You might as well call Optics P2W with such logic.

It is. 

How is it not?

Let say you have 10 tanks you want it on, and you are a cheapskate and dont want to spend RL money on it.

60k credits for 30 days for one tank and that is for one emblem.

60*4*10, thats 2.4 MILLION credits in upkeep every month!

And thats on top any other upkeep you have for camo, food etc.

So you end  up spending gold to not do that, or buy premium tanks and play them to have that upkeep.

It is. 

How is it not?

Let say you have 10 tanks you want it on, and you are a cheapskate and dont want to spend RL money on it.

60k credits for 30 days for one tank and that is for one emblem.

60*4*10, thats 2.4 MILLION credits in upkeep every month!

And thats on top any other upkeep you have for camo, food etc.

So you end  up spending gold to not do that, or buy premium tanks and play them to have that upkeep.

This more or less, its ridiculous expensive to mount them with credits, and thats only 10 tanks, i have easy like 40 tanks (t9/10, prems, stuff i play ``often``) where it would be usefull...

They are also butt ugly... only flags are ok, and i bet flags dont give bonusses...

ps: if WG really wants to put this crap in, atleast make the premanent ones buyable for silver (and cut the 30 days price in half) it would be expensive to put them on 20-30-70-100 tanks, but they are atleast permanent, but if it can only be for so much gold fo....

This more or less, its ridiculous expensive to mount them with credits, and thats only 10 tanks, i have easy like 40 tanks (t9/10, prems, stuff i play ``often``) where it would be usefull...

They are also butt ugly... only flags are ok, and i bet flags dont give bonusses...

ps: if WG really wants to put this crap in, atleast make the premanent ones buyable for silver (and cut the 30 days price in half) it would be expensive to put them on 20-30-70-100 tanks, but they are atleast permanent, but if it can only be for so much gold fo....

Flags do give you bonuses. 

We can only really hope they change this before launch. I really, really want the entire idea trashed - but at the very least, all of the emblems etc. should give the same bonuses. If I have to decorate my tanks with stickers, let me pick which ones instead of having to decide between ugly and worse performance or very ugly and normal performance.