hall0

Bonuses for emblems and inscriptions

I cant imagine WG beiing so retarded they first add something ridiculous, then announce to pull it back and THEN add it anyway.

If WG wants a shitstorm, they get a shitstorm...

I do not think reducing the diversity of tanks you drive/encounter is a good idea, but still:

2 hours ago, monty50k said:

You being able to play a huge amount of tanks every time you want doesn't give you a higher winchance against someone who hast to stick to a few favourite tanks per month.

My only question was why noone claims that WoWS is p2w (and exspecially Jingles saying it's a good mechanic there), while there's a massive rage in WoT.

10 minutes ago, monty50k said:

My only question was why noone claims that WoWS is p2w (and exspecially Jingles saying it's a good mechanic there), while there's a massive rage in WoT.

Because no body cares about WoWs.

18 minutes ago, EpicFale said:

Because no body cares about WoWs.

Indeed, the repugnance of a P2W element tends to be proportional to both how much of a grind is required to overcome it, and how competitive a player base is.

7 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

30 day rental should be more like 144,000 silver for the slot and 180,000 silver for the E & I giving a total of 324,000 for a 30 day rental. that way players might be inclined to rent E & I for grinding tier tanks, that they do not intend to keep (looking at tiers VII and IX). Or maybe even some other figures.

In 10.0 CT2 they have changed the price to 90 gold or 36k now... (-25%). Looks like they are testing how low they can go before they drop that retard idea.

Looked at low tiers... price is the old one.

Edited by graukatze
Stupid.

My opinion of the emblem system is that Players should get the ability to specialize their tank. If they want a good scout tank, they'll boost their commander, Damage dealer - Loader, and so on. However, the cost of doing so currently is too high. The emblem system should be modified into something like the equipment slots(Not to mention that the current equipment system needs to be overhauled because there are really only 4 viable equipment). Credits for permanent emblem which give specialized perks.

6 hours ago, monty50k said:

Small bonuses such as being able to shoot a quarter of a second sooner probably aren't worth as much in WoWS as they are in WoT. In a game were being 1-shot and 2-shot is a common occurrence, shooting second often means you die first.

1 hour ago, Tupinambis said:

All of the WGNA and EU staff posts about the emblem bonus cancellation seem to have disappeared....

So probably the shareolders just said, fuck it we need better yeilds. If the game dies we have other investments.

All EU staff posts have been deleted and now armored patrol is posting this update. WG at its finest. You just can't make this shit up. 

– The final decision regarding
inscriptions and emblems is:
at release all bonuses will be identical,
and later they will introduce the ability to choose a bonus and the full complect of bonuses will be released.

– Storm still can’t comment on tanks that only have limited emblem inscription slots

9 minutes ago, hall0 said:

All EU staff posts have been deleted and now armored patrol is posting this update. WG at its finest. You just can't make this shit up. 

– The final decision regarding
inscriptions and emblems is:
at release all bonuses will be identical,
and later they will introduce the ability to choose a bonus and the full complect of bonuses will be released.

– Storm still can’t comment on tanks that only have limited emblem inscription slots

Great fucking job WG. I mean it's awesome that those bonuses exist but it's way too expensive and it's clearly going into the pay2win area which I fucking despise so I'm all for no bonuses w/ emblems whatsoever.

Community: Wow, this is clearly pay2win, it costs too much and in general doesn't make lots of sense

*QB does a video perfectly explaining the problems(probs others too on the RU cluster)*

WG: Okay, let us not add this to the upcoming patch due to the community feedback!

*few hours later*

WG: Meh fuck it, we did it already so why not just release it, but hey, we will do a giftshop bundle for a mere 99.99€ to keep them players happy!

Uhh....call me a retard but I thought this whole emblem and inscription thing meant that if you put them on your tank, they will actually mean something now instead of just looking pretty.

So all the inscriptions and emblems I bought on the last sale have no value?

Fuck this....WG is making it really hard to enjoy this game.

17 hours ago, Tarski said:

Let's help them. Off the top of my head: modules for rent instead of purchase, increased max spotting range for gold, layers of camo paint, premium spawn locations. 

I know an easy way for them to make money - tier 9 and X premium tanks for sale.

Emblem changes were canceled, and then all of 10.0 was canceled (centurian action X and rampage will come as a micropatch)

I don't hate the idea of emblem buffs, so long as they are simpler and less annoying.  I'm glad we aren't getting the current version.

36 minutes ago, weesh said:

Emblem changes were canceled, and then all of 10.0 was canceled (centurian action X and rampage will come as a micropatch)

I don't hate the idea of emblem buffs, so long as they are simpler and less annoying.  I'm glad we aren't getting the current version.

The Cancellation of the emblems apparently has been cancelled, apparently every emblem will get the same bonus and you will be later on able to choose between different bonuses (i.e the bonuses are not bound to specific emblems, which by itself is much better but the whole idea is still retarded).

As for 10.0 being cancelled, a better word would most likely be "renamed".

What little content that is left for 10.0 will just come in a patch that is named differently (as far as I understand), then again I will just wait for an official statement from WG, at the moment it doesn´t look like even WG is knowing what it is doing at this point.

1 hour ago, clownshoes2 said:

So all the inscriptions and emblems I bought on the last sale have no value?

Every emblem will get the same bonus for now.

Emblems and inscriptions are on 50% discount this weekend on EU, crap time to spoil the looks of all my most competitive tanks for CW, team battles, Strongholds etc, plus of course the Type 59 for credit grind.

I cannot seem to find the orginial source to the proposition that it does not matter which Emblem and Inscription you now have will have the same effect when they are launched as a % bonus at a forthcoming patch. I should hate to purchase the incorrect one on discount. Can any kind soul point me to a source?

2 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

Emblems and inscriptions are on 50% discount this weekend on EU, crap time to spoil the looks of all my most competitive tanks for CW, team battles, Strongholds etc, plus of course the Type 59 for credit grind.

I cannot seem to find the orginial source to the proposition that it does not matter which Emblem and Inscription you now have will have the same effect when they are launched as a % bonus at a forthcoming patch. I should hate to purchase the incorrect one on discount. Can any kind soul point me to a source?

Don't purchase anything at this point, as all this is not official until it is released.

For some reason, the last time they had a mission for free Mexican flags, completing it permanently unlocked Mexican flags on all my tanks, instead of just a one time unlock on the tank in question.

Guess I should equip all my tanks with them for free now, in case the exterior interface update corrects it. 

Because as a Canadian that's never traveled to Mexico, I obviously want their flag on all my tanks, and it's certainly not just to minimize my deficit when I refuse to give WG money for this.  Fun times.

What I have not heard discussed much, is how some vehicles have the opportunity to equip a sum of Emblems & Inscription more than others do.  Even if each Emblem & Inscription is worth the exact same thing, that's still a de facto nerf to those vehicles with sum two or three Emblems & Inscriptions.   

Of the one hundred fifty vehicles I look-upped on the Common Test Server's Emblems & Inscription system, the following vehicles have been de facto nerfed:

nation Vehicle Tier? Class? Emblem #? Inscription #?

Sum?

Germany Pz II 2 Light 2 1 3
UK Cruiser III 2 Light 2 1 3
USA T7 Car Combat 2 Light 2 1 3
USA T2 Light 2 Light 2 1 3
UK Cruiser II 3 Light 2 1 3
Germany Pz. S35 739 (f) 3 Medium 1 2 3
UK Birch Gun 4 Artillery 2 1 3
China M5A1 Stuart 4 Light 1 2 3
Germany Pz. 38 nA 4 Light 2 1 3
Germany Luchs 4 Light 2 1 3
UK Matilda 4 Medium 1 2 3
France Somua Sau 40 4 TD 2 1 3
USA T14 5 Heavy 2 1 3
UK Crusader 5 Light 2 1 3
USA M10 Wolverine 5 TD 2 1 3
France AMX 13 F3 AM 6 Artillery 2 1 3
Soviet SU-8 6 Artillery 2 1 3
Soviet SU-100 6 TD 2 1 3
USA M18 Hellcat 6 TD 2 1 3
USA  T29 7 Heavy 2 1 3
USA T71 7 Light 2 1 3
Germany E-25 7 TD 2 1 3
Soviet SU-122-44 7 TD 2 1 3
UK Caernarvon 8 Heavy 1 2 3
USA T32 8 Heavy 2 1 3
France AMX 13 90 8 Light 2 1 3
Japan STA-1 8 Medium 2 1 3
UK Centurion I 8 Medium 1 2 3
UK Centurion 7/1 9 Medium 1 2 3
USA M46 Patton 9 Medium 2 1 3
Soviet Tetrarch 2 Light 1 1 2
USA M22 Locust 3 Light 1 1 2
Soviet Valentine II 4 Light 1 1 2
UK Valentine  4 Light 1 1 2
Germany Hetzer 4 TD 1 1 2
Soviet Matilda IV 5 Medium 1 1 2
USA Ram II 5 Medium 1 1 2
UK Cromwell 6 Medium 1 1 2
France AMX 13 75 7 Light 1 1 2
UK Comet 7 Medium 1 1 2
USA M26 Pershing 8 Medium 1 1 2

Unexplained:

STA-1 has a sum of three Emblems & Inscriptions, while the STA-2 has a sum four.

T32 has sum of three Emblems & Inscriptions, while the the T34 has a sum of four.

What was missing in my sampling?  

Most tier eight, nine, ten vehicles and roughly forty-five German vehicles.  Simply ran of credits to purchase vehicles to do a complete inventory analysis.   Had roughly ninety to ninety-five vehicles in my hanger previously, then purchased enough to reach one hundred fifty vehicles in total.  Even 100 million credits can disappear quicker than expected, as the higher the tier one goes, the more costly everything becomes.

Yes, Emblems, Inscription & Camo Paint does become more expensive as the tier rises. 

Ironically, Patch 10.0 Rubicon's meaning for the players maybe come known as the divide when paying customers have chosen to flee in mass.

Edited by Valan
typo
5 minutes ago, Valan said:

What I have not heard discussed much, is how some vehicles have the opportunity to equip a sum of Emblems & Inscription more than others do.  

It's been brought up, I think it's just that so many people dislike the implementation overall that the discussion trends to the general problems, rather than some of the specifics

It must have been brought up a lot on RU as Storm felt obligated to comment on how he wasn't going to comment on tanks with different emblem counts.

1 hour ago, dualmaster333 said:

Don't purchase anything at this point, as all this is not official until it is released.

Even more importantly, purchases of emblems and inscriptions can be read as a de-facto acceptance of the model.  If they get a spike of purchases (esp. gold purchases) during the special [compared to previous specials, etc] that will give them ammunition to say the community will bitch and moan but in the spend gold to set them up.

They've done such a fucking mess i don't know what the fuck will happen now. So now them emblems will all be 1%ers, with the current impossible prices?