hall0

Bonuses for emblems and inscriptions

not able to get on the game now, but was wondering what the cw emblems and inscriptions do. I want to know what my anti arty sticker 215b gets as a bonus.

MoE's should give you a bonus.  At least it's a mark that you earn.

stop posting common sense good ideas....but that's a good one. say 1% for 1 MoE, then 3% for 2 and 5% for 3?

Sigh, another change in the recent wave of changes that seem to indicate WG doesn't really care about this game other than trying to grab as much cash as possible...

Wave of shitty and/or "rare" tanks for sale through bundles, mediocre or downright terrible premiums, no more gold for tanks already owned, and now this...

What are they going to do next, if your commander's name is Vladimir motherfucking Putin you get a 10% boost to all crew stats?

btw sorry razavn, but i'm not changing mah avatar

It is. 

How is it not?

Let say you have 10 tanks you want it on, and you are a cheapskate and dont want to spend RL money on it.

60k credits for 30 days for one tank and that is for one emblem.

60*4*10, thats 2.4 MILLION credits in upkeep every month!

And thats on top any other upkeep you have for camo, food etc.

So you end  up spending gold to not do that, or buy premium tanks and play them to have that upkeep.

So?
It's always been "pay to progress faster", no difference here.
You don't even have those 10 garage slots if you start fresh and don't spend money. Sure, you'll aquire them over time with events and gift tanks, but still, want to progress fast? Spend money!

New creditsink =/= pay to win. I imagine WG has a good enough insight into their game's economy to decide if/where sinks are needed.

So?
It's always been "pay to progress faster", no difference here.
You don't even have those 10 garage slots if you start fresh and don't spend money. Sure, you'll aquire them over time with events and gift tanks, but still, want to progress fast? Spend money!

New creditsink =/= pay to win. I imagine WG has a good enough insight into their game's economy to decide if/where sinks are needed.

Sorry, but that's pretty bad logic

emblems/inscriptions aren't an every so often expense like prem ammo that can largely be negated by aiming and flanking, leaving it as a resort for hard targets.

This is something you either put on your tanks or your tank is flat out worse.

Forcing someone to grind out millions of credits each month to keep their garage from being statistically worse than the tank next to it is p2w, as the only free alternative is an amount of playing that most people are not going to be able to invest in for a 4% bonus. 

Needless to say, it will be a looooong time before there is another inscription sale.

Sorry, but that's pretty bad logic

emblems/inscriptions aren't an every so often expense like prem ammo that can largely be negated by aiming and flanking, leaving it as a resort for hard targets.

This is something you either put on your tanks or your tank is flat out worse.

Forcing someone to grind out millions of credits each month to keep their garage from being statistically worse than the tank next to it is p2w, as the only free alternative is an amount of playing that most people are not going to be able to invest in for a 4% bonus. 

Theres more than one alternative, you can also stick to a few favourite branches/tanks and thus lower your maintenance costs.
F2p doesn't mean your entitled to maintain dozens of top notch tanks without the need to grind for credits.
It's always been that way, either you invest time, or money.

And on a side note, getting some gold without investing money really isn't too hard with all those tournies, even for low tiers, around.

Edited by monty50k

Theres more than on alternative, you can also stick to a few favourite braches/tanks and thus lower your maintenance costs.
F2p doesn't mean your entitled to maintain dozens of top notch tanks without the need to grind for credits.

And on a side note, getting some gold without investing money really isn't too hard with all those tournies, even for low tiers, around.

So if you're free to play, fuck you, you can pick a tank or two

Meanwhile, NA continues to have a tiny server.  Guess what props up server populations....free to play players

The fewer tanks they can play, the less benefit they have to filling out the MM and the worse the game gets for the paying players.

This game lives or dies on its population and shit like this is not going to help anything, especially if it's a shift that shows WG's future trends for "feature" additions

Seriously how is this P2W if you can spend credits and anyone can use em?

You might as well call Optics P2W with such logic.

Have you ever tried financing running tanks, buying new tanks, buying equipment, using prem ammo, using prem consumables, applying camo and applying emblems/inscriptions without a premium account and/or premium tanks? Seriously, do it.

I'm a pretty good player, I heavily make use of discounts, I have a T8 prem (111 and SP) that I run regularly and I play Type 64 stronks with creditbonus whenever I can, I try to limit prem ammo usage and I don't use camo or emblems and still, the moment I start playing more expensive tanks my credits start dropping like a stone unless I get at least a 1:1 ratio between regular games and t8 prem games. With only a t5/t6 it would probably be 1:5. Think of it what you want but please stop denying that it is, to some extent, pay to win.

btt: the idea is good but the execution is meh and I really don't like how they keep adding p2w elements to the game.

Theres more than one alternative, you can also stick to a few favourite branches/tanks and thus lower your maintenance costs.F2p doesn't mean your entitled to maintain dozens of top notch tanks without the need to grind for credits.

The entire purpose of this game comes down to: Grind a ton of shiny tanks to park them in your garage.

So having a garage full of tanks is the ``goal of the game``, these emblems are a big FU to that, i have 110-120 tanks in my garage (changes a bit over time), like 30 of those are <t4 (a ton of low tier prems i got for free etc) that makes ~80 tanks i play (i got all lines unlocked, so those are mostly keepers, not grinds) WG now basically puts me on a disadvantage, since noway i can maintain all those tanks with emblems and shit...

Im now forced to either play with a handicap or spend a metric fuck ton of gold (or dont play 3/4 of my tanks)

This is a loose / loose situation... 

ps: cost in gold ranges from 80-150, say 100 on average, times 4, times 80 tanks = 32000 gold, i can buy with discount, thats 16.000 gold for some emblems, GG (and montly cost are like 6.4 million...)

Have you ever tried financing running tanks, buying new tanks, buying equipment, using prem ammo, using prem consumables, applying camo and applying emblems/inscriptions without a premium account and/or premium tanks? Seriously, do it.

I did. The majority of my WoT career was without prem, i bought my first couple T10s without spending anything. Didn't use prem consumables/ammo though, in the beginning they were only available for gold, THAT's p2w.

I'm a pretty good player, I heavily make use of discounts, I have a T8 prem (111 and SP) that I run regularly and I play Type 64 stronks with creditbonus whenever I can, I try to limit prem ammo usage and I don't use camo or emblems and still, the moment I start playing more expensive tanks my credits start dropping like a stone unless I get at least a 1:1 ratio between regular games and t8 prem games. With only a t5/t6 it would probably be 1:5. Think of it what you want but please stop denying that it is, to some extent, pay to win.

What has the ratio of xp grind to credit grind matches to do with winchance? I give you that converting free xp to avoid stock grinds might be considered p2w, but still, invest time and you'll get your free xp for free. Also, that's not the topic.

The entire purpose of this game comes down to: Grind a ton of shiny tanks to park them in your garage.

So having a garage full of tanks is the ``goal of the game``, these emblems are a big FU to that, i have 110-120 tanks in my garage (changes a bit over time), like 30 of those are <t4 (a ton of low tier prems i got for free etc) that makes ~80 tanks i play (i got all lines unlocked, so those are mostly keepers, not grinds) WG now basically puts me on a disadvantage, since noway i can maintain all those tanks with emblems and shit...

Im now forced to either play with a handicap or spend a metric fuck ton of gold (or dont play 3/4 of my tanks)

This is a loose / loose situation... 

ps: cost in gold ranges from 80-150, say 100 on average, times 4, times 80 tanks = 32000 gold, i can buy with discount, thats 16.000 gold for some emblems, GG (and montly cost are like 6.4 million...)

Pay to play what you want, how often you want, when you want, still no p2w.

Don't get me wrong, im not defending this as a good idea, or saying it might not bring more harm than good.
It's just not P2W.

If every advantage you get for buying gold is considered pay to win, what else is left WG can do to convince people to spend money?

Don't get me wrong, im not defending this as a good idea, or saying it might not bring more harm than good.
It's just not P2W.

If every advantage you get for buying gold is considered pay to win, what else is left WG can do to convince people to spend money?

Garage slots, premium tanks, camo, customizations, premium account, bundles with credits

So far wot is not pay2win (at all), there like 3 prems better as normal tanks (IS6 due to spmm, type 59 and SU-122-44) These emblems however are 100% pay 2 win, since you are playing with a handicap, unless you buy them with gold, meaning you are forced to use money to be on equal footing since nobody can spend 6 million credits a month to keep camo up...

ps: also, all other premium items mostly reduce time, you can get all the tanks in-game without spending any money and without beiing at a disadvantage, it will simply cost much more time, gold ammo is here alrdy close to the edge, since it can get really expensive, meaning without premium account its more or less unsustainable....

I don't really see how this is different from buying camo for your tanks.

Camo doesnt make much difference and you can just buy summer camo and be done with it. These emblems are vastly more expensive and they have a much bigger advantage....

Edited by GehakteMolen

It's not pay2win, I agree. However, it is pay4convenience - and while that's always been a motto wargaming has used, and I have no problem with that model, there's a very fine line between that and what is effectively a pay2win system. Once a nonpaying customer can no longer reasonably expect to ever be able to afford all the doodads that are required to not be at a disadvantage with the average paying player, that line has been crossed.

Up until now, it hasn't been that way - there's not a lot of upkeep required right now unless you want to compete with the tiny fraction of the userbase that spams nonstop gold ammo and gold consumables. You can reasonably expect, as a nonpaying player, to be able to easily work towards having a vehicle that is as powerful as every other person's. A stock grind can take a while to compete without premium or free xp, but otherwise things are pretty swell. You can have 100% camo paint uptime, be topped off on consumables and equipment, etc. without paying a dime or playing unreasonably long. You can even progress, if a little slowly!

Fast forward to a future where every player also needs to keep up their emblems and inscriptions, and this becomes much less true. Any player with a reasonable amount of tanks in their garage will no longer be able to keep them all in a state where they are not disadvantaged AND still be able to progress at a reasonable rate. At this point, wargaming is going to be really stroking that fine line - and while it'll never technically be pay to win, it might as well be.

I don't really see how this is different from buying camo for your tanks.

It's not that it's different, it's that it's stacking yet more items on top of the already existing system, which leads to costs spiraling rapidly out of control.

What are they going to do next, if your commander's name is Vladimir motherfucking Putin you get a 10% boost to all crew stats?

btw sorry razavn, but i'm not changing mah avatar

Equip comrade Stalin as your commander and apply a Damage Over Time debuff to enemy German tanks equal to 110% of their hit points!

Advantages are fine, but they should take place outside the battle.  While this technically only affects credits, it does so to such a large degree as to be unaffordable for any reasonable free to play player, which tips the advantage into the battle, as they won't be able to reasonably afford to upkeep inscriptions, which means free to play players will always have 4% less crew than their equivalent paying player

It's just not P2W.

I never said that everything gold is p2w. Most uses of gold are just fine, barracks slots ain't gonna help you ingame for anything, 50% more XP isn't gonna help you ingame and it's easily possible to free XP the worst stock grinds, even without converting, 50% more credits isn't gonna help you ingame etc.

However right now with the huge difference t8 prem + prem account make, like 500%, and WG adding more and more creditsinks, they are clearly crossing the line between an actual "pay for convenience" model and just a fancy way of hiding p2w. Paying 240,000 credits per tank per month in order to get an extra pair of vents (or 24 games with a T5 without prem account per tank per month) is imo unreasonable and crosses this line. With the 30 tanks I have in my garage, even considering theyre not all T10, that would be about 500 games per month in a T5 to keep the obvious advantage that is +4% to crew skills.

Just checked and I have 72 tanks.  So my options are tens of thousands in gold or tens of millions in credits a month, or have worse crews.

Fuck WG

which leads to costs spiraling rapidly out of control.

I would call that a bit of a strong statement for what this change would be. Many on this forum run food items on their favorite tanks at 20,000 credits a match in order to gain an edge and don't bat an eye. The costs involved in this are far lower. Additionally, no one runs all of the tanks in their garages. I have just over 90 right now and maybe 40 get run in any given month. No one would be forced to immediately slap inscriptions and emblems on every tank they own or take an immediate 10% recent WR hit. I would bet that outfitting 10 tanks in any given garage would cover the bases for all stronghold and CW necessities as well as pub favorites.

Most of us buy 3 seasons of camo for every tank we value. We enjoy a small bonus from that purchase to the tank so equipped. The sky has not fallen. Many of us have purchased inscriptions and emblems for our favorite tanks and done so for no bonus whatsoever. Now that they are considering a small bonus for those purchases as well, one would think the sky is indeed falling. The effects of this are to simply add another small dimension to the min/maxing portion of the game. I welcome it and am happy that those purchases I have already made will now have some small utility, and that future purchases will have some small utility as well.

Imo if they really want to sell those emblems/inscriptions they should actually allow us to customize our tanks (as in not not put a maximum amount of emblems/inscriptions on predefined spots on the tank).

Scrap those fucking crew%-bonuses and do it the way warthunder does and sell all the emblems you ever wanted, the players would love to customize their vehicles/express their individualism by putting random decals on their tanks (hell, I sure would).

Instead they choose to go the Pay2Win-way and and react to player criticism with good old "How terrible".