hall0

Bonuses for emblems and inscriptions

1 hour ago, Fabunil said:

Whoops... I just submitted a ticket asking for my gold on current emblems back...

lol

I'm glad this isn't getting implemented in its current form, thanks WG for listening. It's one of the few times I do agree with QBs opinion as I've watched his emblems video and I agree on everything he said.

Maybe just maybe WG will start caring like Obsidian does for AW(it's really amazing how well they communicate with its playerbase).

Second test iteration is supposed to go up today sans gas and emblem changes, plus presumable some bug fixes. 

Don't know if anything else has been changed. 

1 hour ago, lt_lolcat said:

Jingles posted a video yesterday blasting the new system as well.

I really don't understand why it's P2W in WoT, but done right in WoWS.
Yes, you CAN get flags for playing well, ONE of each type PER DAY. And to get the "good" flags, you have to play really well.
In WoT you can make credits, an unlimited amount per day, and in the right tanks you don't even have to be a great player.
So how is the WoWS' system better?

2 minutes ago, monty50k said:

Yes, you CAN get flags for playing well, ONE of each type PER DAY. And to get the "good" flags, you have to play really well.
In WoT you can make credits, an unlimited amount per day, and in the right tanks you don't even have to be a great player.

Never played WoWS so I couldn't say. 

13 minutes ago, monty50k said:

More or less boils down to not enough people playing seriously enough to care.

2 hours ago, Tarski said:

The "Rubicon" metaphor is now even less apt, but I'm happy that WG listened to the playerbase. I'm fine with emblems doing things and I'm fine with another credit/gold sink, but...that system was crap. 

Most of us could see that E & I was a pretty good thing, it's effectively a fourth slot with 80% vents if you do it right. But vents costs 300,000 silver or so permanently, and the idea of E & I at 540,000 silver per 30 days was just crap.

The important thing for E & I was to make it purchaseable permanently for silver, or else it's a pay to win element.

Sure it's a fourth slot, so make it cost slightly more, to recognise the purchase of the fourth slot. Thus 80% of 300,000 silver is 240,000 silver so make that the cost of the fourth slot and another 300,000 for the E & I giving the same total WG used of 540,000 but thats the permanent cost not 30 days rental.

30 day rental should be more like 144,000 silver for the slot and 180,000 silver for the E & I giving a total of 324,000 for a 30 day rental. that way players might be inclined to rent E & I for grinding tier tanks, that they do not intend to keep (looking at tiers VII and IX). Or maybe even some other figures.

21 minutes ago, monty50k said:

How many tanks do you have in your garage?  How many do you play regularly?  Can you afford 1.5m (or however much it is you need) credits every month to put emblems on all the tanks you play?  No, of course you can't.  So only options that is left is purchasing them for gold.  Which is ... yep ... you guess it ...

Didn't see the Jingles vid yet but I totally agree with QB (yes, I watch most of his uploads) on this one.  If you spend those amount of credits they should be permanent as well.  Afterall, equipment is also permanent.  Even "gold" shells bought with credits is permanent (if you don't shoot them of course)

The cost was much too high-- approx 800 gold for permanent inscriptions per tank, or 540,000 credits PER MONTH per tank. I have 98 tanks in garage...

39 minutes ago, KrVa46 said:

How many tanks do you have in your garage?  How many do you play regularly?  Can you afford 1.5m (or however much it is you need) credits every month to put emblems on all the tanks you play?  No, of course you can't.  So only options that is left is purchasing them for gold.  Which is ... yep ... you guess it ...

Didn't see the Jingles vid yet but I totally agree with QB (yes, I watch most of his uploads) on this one.  If you spend those amount of credits they should be permanent as well.  Afterall, equipment is also permanent.  Even "gold" shells bought with credits is permanent (if you don't shoot them of course)

I don't think his point was that the WoT model was good, but rather asking why the WoWS flag system gets a pass (Jingles said he was fine with flags in WoWS, but didn't like how emblems were put in), when it's very hard to earn the best flags, and there's a limit, whereas you can buy as many flags as you want for $$

35 minutes ago, Kramburglar said:

I don't think his point was that the WoT model was good, but rather asking why the WoWS flag system gets a pass (Jingles said he was fine with flags in WoWS, but didn't like how emblems were put in), when it's very hard to earn the best flags, and there's a limit, whereas you can buy as many flags as you want for $$

Exactly.

2 hours ago, monty50k said:

Because i have +100 tanks in my garage, and i play most of them once in a while (last 7 days 18 different tanks)

Which means that its 100% impossible to use emblems on all tanks, so im always in a disadvantage, unless i put emblems on a few tanks and only play those.

And even then, the cost are ridiculous & you have to choose emblems on what they do, and not on how they look.

This entire ``idea`` is completely ridiculous, its in its core 100% retarded, infact, its as retarded as arty, there is zero need or reason to put it in the game, so why add it? Why ``fix`` something thats not broken?

ps: and if WG needs a credit sink, what about nerfing income of tanks? the ``gold sink`` argument is also perfetic, since on EU nobody gets so much free gold, yeah a few hunderd players at most, thats totally insignificant compared to the 500k unique players... every month, its not even 1%....

They should change it so that individual emblems can be purchased permanently with credits, or you can buy the slot itself for gold, which allows you to put any emblem in that slot whenever you want

3 hours ago, monty50k said:

35 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Because i have +100 tanks in my garage, and i play most of them once in a while (last 7 days 18 different tanks)

Which means that its 100% impossible to use emblems on all tanks, so im always in a disadvantage, unless i put emblems on a few tanks and only play those.

And even then, the cost are ridiculous & you have to choose emblems on what they do, and not on how they look.

This entire ``idea`` is completely ridiculous, its in its core 100% retarded, infact, its as retarded as arty, there is zero need or reason to put it in the game, so why add it? Why ``fix`` something thats not broken?

ps: and if WG needs a credit sink, what about nerfing income of tanks? the ``gold sink`` argument is also perfetic, since on EU nobody gets so much free gold, yeah a few hunderd players at most, thats totally insignificant compared to the 500k unique players... every month, its not even 1%....

2 hours ago, Kramburglar said:

To clarify: While I don't think it was a good idea (no, I could not have afforded to equip every tank I play), it's clearly not p2w.
You being able to play a huge amount of tanks every time you want doesn't give you a higher winchance against someone who hast to stick to a few favourite tanks per month.

In WoWS its actually closer to p2w,  even if you get every flag in only one game, you're done for the day, so you can equip your flags the next day for the match you're again earning every possible flag.

They are still there in the test 2 from what I can see. 

1 hour ago, monty50k said:

it's clearly not p2w.

Then you are blind.

Haven you not read any posts in this thread at all, done any math yourself? 

I was ready to uninstall permanently because of this, and so was others.

45 minutes ago, monty50k said:

To clarify: While I don't think it was a good idea (no, I could not have afforded to equip every tank I play), it's clearly not p2w.
You being able to play a huge amount of tanks every time you want doesn't give you a higher winchance against someone who hast to stick to a few favourite tanks per month.

In WoWS its actually closer to p2w,  even if you get every flag in only one game, you're done for the day, so you can equip your flags the next day for the match you're again earning every possible flag.

But im playing wot, not wows, if WG wants to make wows p2w no problem for me.

And these emblems clearly are p2w, since the only way to get them is to pay, with gold, the upkeep is simply way to high...

ps: gold ammo and camo are also close to the edge, the upkeep for camo is fairly high, however since the advantage is quite small and its not that expensive its kinda ok. Gold ammo is quite expensive, so unless you run a premium account, its not sustainable on high tier

Here's a very rough mockup of how I would do this

r2XP1IB.png

Get rid of the conditional bonuses outright and add additional out of battle bonuses like +% to credits/XP/FreeXP earned as options

Individual Camo/Emblem/Inscriptions can be purchased permanently with credits.  The slot can be purchased with gold.  Purchasing the slot basically unlocks all the options for that slot in one go, so you can swap them out whenever.

4 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Aaaaand it's gone! Now WG must invent something even worse to drain our accounts.

Let's help them. Off the top of my head: modules for rent instead of purchase, increased max spotting range for gold, layers of camo paint, premium spawn locations. 

A bunch of the announcements about this change being postponed have disappeared, including a big one stickied on /r/worldoftanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/3qr2xy/all_information_on_removal_of_emblems_being/

Get out your tinfoil, kids.