Fabunil

The era of the shitty chinese tier 10s might end soon

I'm happy to see the 121 getting adjusted but I don't really know what to think about the actual changes made. Seems largely superficial and won't change anything meaningful. People who made the tank work before will still be able to, and 1/2 of a degree of depression isn't suddenly going to make it easy to play.

Unrelated but,

SU-101 Changes

A new Tier X gun was added to it – 122mm M62-C2

Some differences between it and the old gun:

– Changed penetration from 219 to 258mm,
– Changed alpha damage from 320 to 440,
 Damage Per Minute from 2988 to 2294,
 Reload time of 9.2 to 11.5s

Now for them just to put the previous tier 8 top gun on the tier 7 and then that line will actually be really decent.

So how do Obj260 and the buffed 113 compare?

If one can expect similar performance, perhaps I could just ignore the ****ing missions.

Edited by Yuri_Yslin

So how do Obj260 and the buffed 113 compare?

The way I see it:

260:

+++much better lfp (doesnt get penned by scouts frontally, doesnt give a shit about tanks with less than 230 AP-pen)

++better turret (no cupolas, turretfront almost impenetratable but a large overmatchable roof)

+SLIGHTLY better gun handeling

++better pen/shellspeed due to APCR

++better sidearmor (still only 100mm behind the tracks)

+slightly better acceleration on hard terrain (15.7 effective hp/t on the 260 vs 15.2 on the 113)

+much better acceleration on soft terrain (8.2 on the 260 vs 6.7 on the 113)

+better topspeed (60 vs 50, though the 260 will reach it only on hard terrain or when driving downhill)

113:

+slightly better ufp (personal opinion, fuck pikenoses)

+++much better turningspeed

++better acceleration on medium terrain (12 effective hp/t on the 260 vs 13.9 on the 113) (since this is the terrain you will be driving on the most I would rate the 113-acceleration overall higher than the 260-acceleration)

++200 extra health

+++much higher dpm (2300 vs 2640)

After the buff I would say that the 113 is definitely worth a look

Well that means the 113 may be worth a shot but 260 is still probably the tank to go to for solopub HT action. not giving a f00k about T8 tanks for instance without hiding LFP seems like a huge plus :X

Edited by Yuri_Yslin

well, true, but it's bound to happen eventually :P

In the last 10 days I have had 4 double fires. Three were on at least one equal tier tank. One was on a higher tier tank... but I was in a heavy.

Well, I'd be glad not to bother with cancerous missions, but 260 seems like the best HT in the game, so it's hard to pass.

Missions drove me off WoT however so I can definitively relate. Still considering whether to return or not.

You forgot the biggest plus:

113:

++++++++++++++ don't have to deal with cancerous RNG-gated double fire missions.

That´s why I skipped the MT-missions.

260 is nothing special, too much hype because its hard to get.  What comes to armor, 260 has better front armor, both upper and lower hull. 113 front armor loses totally its effectivity when anyone shoots it from even bit from above, like any heavy tank close range etc. Also 113 lower front plate is pretty big area (geometry, to achieve that high angled upper front plate, lower plate needs to be big).

Well, I was under impression that combining so much speed, armor and excellent gun handling is a win in the first place. How can 260 be nothing special with that kind of feat mixture? :P

Well, I was under impression that combining so much speed, armor and excellent gun handling is a win in the first place. How can 260 be nothing special with that kind of feat mixture? :P

Its just an IS7 who trades away a small bit of turret protection for better mobility, the ``better gun`` is also questionable, since IS7 still gets more alpha dmg, and alpha dmg is often king

ps: played some games with 260`s in platoon, and not very impressed by it, i wouldnt mind having one, but it still gets wrecked by E100 HEAT or E5`s

Well, IS-7's faults are mobility and gun control, so I always thought this one is basically THE IS-7 everyone wanted, the true king of this game, having armor, firepower and speed in a perfect blend.

Sorry to derail the thread, but I'm royally curious if more players think if 260 is nothing special. Not having to do the stupid missions would be a blessing TBH.

Also acceration is pretty bad, it goes fast after getting up to speed but during smaller movements it does not feel that fast or agile. Well "bad" is wrong word but its bit slow to accelerate compared to top speed.

Edited by sahtila

Looking at it again, the 113's firepower is going to be really good if it gets that buff. With 2640 DPM, it'll be pretty competitive with the 215B's 2750 DPM, especially given it has a 40 alpha advantage for increasing that effective DPM a little more. That's pretty impressive given how gun-centric the 215B is. It'll also pull away from the pack quite nicely, allowing it to really terrorize low DPM heavies like the IS-7 and IS-4.

Jesus the moment I will get terrorised by a 113 in my is7 I will quit this game. 

Edited by hazzgar

These changes must be mistake, from experience I would expect 121/113 buffs in this order:

+ radio range buff by 40% - now they are best vehicles in the game by this category!

+ drowning time buff by 20%, now those are the only 2 tanks, where you have whole 2 seconds longer to get dry and ready!

+ 100% camo buff if behind a double bush

+ if jumping from ridges < 10m height, damage taken is reduced by 12%

The terrain resistance buffs for the 113 were BADLY needed. It had almost the same velcro tracks problem that the IS-7 did, the 750HP engine felt like bullshit.

You know, I have a useless chinese crew intended to work with WZ-111, but I can't figure out which tonk to use as main for them.

This thing got me interested in 113, but then I thought about it and came to a conclusion that 260 still is the better choice + is TX prem so it doesn't need painful, long grinds.

Damn.

You know, I have a useless chinese crew intended to work with WZ-111, but I can't figure out which tonk to use as main for them.

This thing got me interested in 113, but then I thought about it and came to a conclusion that 260 still is the better choice + is TX prem so it doesn't need painful, long grinds.

Damn.

Implying that unlocking the 260 doesn't take a painful, long grind...