Deus__Ex__Machina

SU-101 "New and Improved"...i Think...

One of what i consider to be one of the most frustrating tanks to play in WoT is getting a pretty big change

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/10/su-101-screenshots-stat-comparison.html

Hello Warriors,

Have some screenshots for you on how the SU-101 looks like with the 122 mm M62-C2 gun for you. But before...

Basically, and like I mentioned yesterday, the SU-101tier 8 had the 122 mm M62-C2 initially, which is basically the same gun as the IS-4, a tier 10. Wargaming decided to remove because it was too OP and as a big surprise its back now.

"I also made a gun stats comparison on how different the SU-101 gun is from the IS-4's:"

122 mm M62-C2
Tier: 10
Ammo: 28
Damage: 440/440/530
Penetration: 258/340/68
ROF: 5,21
DPM: 2292
Reload time: 11,50
Accuracy: 0,35
Aim time: 2,9
Depression: -2.2/+18.3

su-101.jpg

BPEz7Ru.jpg

Not sure if this is an actual "Improvement" IMO, you gain Penetration and dmg per shot but you lose the great DPM as well as accuracy and aim time. i never though the 100mm was a bad gun, in fact i quite liked it (especially with a healthy amount of HEAT Spam) The only Problem i Had with the SU-101 was its Gun Depression and low HP, everything else was fine IMO. What do you guys think?

Edited by Deus__Ex__Machina

Waiting for the bloomvalues of the gun, with the 122mm gun it is basicly a stealthier mini-JPanther 2 without any gundepression I guess?

Fuck this tank. I hated it so much!
Nothing is gonna make me like this garbage thing. MAYBE if they change the gun constraints completely I might play it again: having to sacrifice a goat to the hill god to find the angles to shoot this damn thing without overexposing is too frustrating.

Bloom is in the first picture. Its pretty awful, .153 in a tier where the average is .1. For comparison, the 100mm on the SU-101 has .07.

I can´t read Russian, the bloomvalues usually consist of 3 values unless they decided to only include the bloomvalue for traversing the gun since the other values usually stay the same when changing the gun.

In any case, assuming the value is for traversing the gun it sucks, it will take decades to aim the gun...

Oh well, its just a shitty Jagdpanther 2 then I guess

Do we get to keep the current gun? I have no problems with it, extremely situational but it can be fun at times. I wouldn't want that crap 440 alpha gun with the worst fucking gunhandling ever.

I agree with OP that the 100mm on the SU-101 is actually pretty superb but the higher alpha in the 122mm could be useful...

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this changes things. The SU-101 with the 100mm and enough HEAT can be very dangerous if it gets the chance to sit in cover and dish out damage. Unfortunately the real weakness of the vehicle is not its weapon but it's severe lack of hit-points, armour AND gun depression...

Edited by OOPMan

I can´t read Russian, the bloomvalues usually consist of 3 values unless they decided to only include the bloomvalue for traversing the gun since the other values usually stay the same when changing the gun.

I don't blame you, I just happen to have the program they're using, so I know which bloom values show up when you highlight a gun. Tis "After shot", "On turret traverse", "While Gun Damaged", and "on turret full speed traversing", respectively

I liked the 100mm. I once ran out of ammo and circled a JT for 3 minutes before my teammate showed up and lost because he was too late. I actually didn't mind it, It's definitely on my list to buy back, but not if they remove the 100 that lets it act much like a medium.

I had fun with this crap tank purely because of speed and DPM, but this is just grotesque. A crap platform with crap gun handling = years to acquire the target, and all that for +50 damage over typical IS-3? No thx. Not to mention that you can no longer DPM shit from camo which is hilarious with full cHEAT.

It's Soviet Challenger - bad but after proper buff it would be at least decent tank. I think WG should make a special inscription just for SU-101 "I don't have enough free exp to skip it".

edit: nvm, misread.

if they want to buff the 101, then give its 122mm similar stats to 122 54's.

Edited by uMadXD

Agreeing with all posts above - the gun wasn't really an issue of SU-101, chassis is.

T-54 hull armor on a tier8, it's pretty strong.

wait, does that say it has 2 deg of depression and 2 deg of elevation?

:fat:

Nope, it has 2,2 gun depression and 18,3 elevation.

T-54 hull armor on a tier8, it's pretty strong.

It's all about its gun arcs. 

It's Type 59 armor, not T-54.

Still had plenty of luck bouncing tier10s because literally pubbies will shoot at it regardless of what kind of an angle you're showing.

It's a better sniping platform though, and it excells at that with what it's got.

Edited by -G-

It's a better sniping platform though, and it excells at that with what it's got.

Sniping is dead..

Sniping is dead..

You can still snipe fam 

9cT3CI3.jpg

Edited by -G-