Hazakdds

I'd like some real honesty.

It has taken a lot to get me to this point, but this game has pushed me to the brink of really walking away shaking my head in wonder.  Can you seriously get to purple solo pubbing?  I'm asking in all seriousness because I know that many very high WR and WN8 players platoon with other unicums to ensure at least 1 or 2 other players know what the hell they are doing and have voice comms.  I have 2 really good friends I've met through this game and we have fun platooning together and that is the only thing keeping me here at this point.  I'm not a wholly unintelligent person so I can grasp advanced thought processes when it comes to map positioning and weak spots etc.  I will admit that I do not contribute as much as I could to every game, as none of us could 100% of the time, and that relying on 14 other people to understand the basic mechanics of the game is asking a great deal.  I've asked variations of this question throughout my WoT career and usually will get the responses everyone else gets; do more damage, learn the maps, learn weak spots, carry harder, etc.  So maybe I'm just not asking in the right manner.  If the answer is, "I don't know what to tell you, I just play the game and win all the time."  Ok, I get that and best of luck to you in your future endeavors, I'll go back to My Little Pony.   

Based on statistical distribution, I find it VERY hard to believe that anyone can achieve unicum levels while strictly solo pubbing.  The matches that have utter garbage teams on one side with said solo pubber and at least competent players on the other would take super human ability to overcome THAT much dead weight.  I'm not saying that everyone can not point to a game and say, "see, that unicum did it."  What I'm saying is that no one can do that on a consistent enough basis to maintain unicum stats.  If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.  The frequency distribution of garbage teams that melt like snow in July is too high.  As I have heard Zeven and other unicums say time and again, "I can carry you guys if you just don't die so fast."  

You can be a lone wolf and carry games, but to reach unicum levels you have to actually trust that someone, somewhere, at some time will have your back in a solo pub match.  All I'm saying is that I have been hung out to dry trying to do the right thing and contribute.  Should I switch to a completely self centered screw my team approach?  Sit in the back and snipe with whatever vehicle I have?  Again, I'm asking in all honesty because I'm at the end of my rope with this game. 

Thanks,

Haz     

well im not that great at this game but the stats i got are 99% solo pubbing( cause im on west coast and most ppl in my clan are east) i also perfer solopubbing alot of the time cause theres alot less pressure to perform my very best

It has taken a lot to get me to this point, but this game has pushed me to the brink of really walking away shaking my head in wonder.  Can you seriously get to purple solo pubbing?  I'm asking in all seriousness because I know that many very high WR and WN8 players platoon with other unicums to ensure at least 1 or 2 other players know what the hell they are doing and have voice comms.  I have 2 really good friends I've met through this game and we have fun platooning together and that is the only thing keeping me here at this point.  I'm not a wholly unintelligent person so I can grasp advanced thought processes when it comes to map positioning and weak spots etc.  I will admit that I do not contribute as much as I could to every game, as none of us could 100% of the time, and that relying on 14 other people to understand the basic mechanics of the game is asking a great deal.  I've asked variations of this question throughout my WoT career and usually will get the responses everyone else gets; do more damage, learn the maps, learn weak spots, carry harder, etc.  So maybe I'm just not asking in the right manner.  If the answer is, "I don't know what to tell you, I just play the game and win all the time."  Ok, I get that and best of luck to you in your future endeavors, I'll go back to My Little Pony.   

Based on statistical distribution, I find it VERY hard to believe that anyone can achieve unicum levels while strictly solo pubbing.  The matches that have utter garbage teams on one side with said solo pubber and at least competent players on the other would take super human ability to overcome THAT much dead weight.  I'm not saying that everyone can not point to a game and say, "see, that unicum did it."  What I'm saying is that no one can do that on a consistent enough basis to maintain unicum stats.  If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.  The frequency distribution of garbage teams that melt like snow in July is too high.  As I have heard Zeven and other unicums say time and again, "I can carry you guys if you just don't die so fast."  

You can be a lone wolf and carry games, but to reach unicum levels you have to actually trust that someone, somewhere, at some time will have your back in a solo pub match.  All I'm saying is that I have been hung out to dry trying to do the right thing and contribute.  Should I switch to a completely self centered screw my team approach?  Sit in the back and snipe with whatever vehicle I have?  Again, I'm asking in all honesty because I'm at the end of my rope with this game. 

Thanks,

Haz     

You solved the riddle.  Its literally impossible to be in the top 1% of tankers.  Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

Yes, I'm being completely honest when I say you can reach unicum levels solo. It's not that hard, in fact. It's even possible to get dark purple solo. It's not too hard to explain, either; an AFKer, who constantly puts his team at a 1-man disadvantage, can manage to knock down his winrate to 40%! You may just be one person, but that proves that it's possible for you to have a large statistical impact on your games. Likewise, a purple who consistently puts in twice the "carry" power of your average joe is sort of like making sure you always have a 1-man advantage. Just like an AFKer makes a 14vs15 match, a unicum who makes a 16vs15 match can make a large impact.

It can be hard to wrap your mind around how you can possibly have that much impact, I know, but it'll become a little more clear as/if you develop as a tanker. When you're consistently doing as much work in your tier 7s as most players do in their tier 10s, hitting 60-65%+ winrates suddenly doesn't seem like so much of a stretch.

You are right in that many (the vast majority) purples constantly platoon. This is completely true. You are also right in that many purples need these constant platoons to maintain their winrates. That only means that there are many purples who don't deserve the title, not that there aren't purples who do. There are still many who can legitimately pull it off.

Listen to Rexxie, I may not be purple, but it isn't hard to pull purple sessions often. At this point in time, I don't play tanks much anymore, but these are stats I managed nearly 100% solo, with the improvement only starting at 8k battles. Just being on wotlabs, reading, watching some replays, it helps a lot.

Thanks for the reply's and your honesty.  If it's a matter of just gutting it out and enduring the 10+ loss streaks so that the overall average of my ability to play bears out, that's a tough road.  I know that frustration is a part of the game, but holy crap. 

I kid you not, I spend a lot of time each day watching streams of Zeven, Anfield, Barks Internally, and had my games critiqued by sharnhorst.  I've been in a clan that existed for no other purpose than to farm damage and win rate, I can't seem to reconcile being a team player and growing my ability to carry games.  Is it simply a matter of watching good players, knowing the maps and playing 20k games and then enlightenment is bestowed upon you?

Anyone can play purple , I think i represent what happens when you have good friends giving good advice because i started around 600 wn8  . . .

This is also because rexxie is cutest kitten and great motivator 

most of the dark purples can pull a 60% solo without too many problems from what I have seen and the last time I went solo for a few hundred battles I got about 64% win rate (I would like to say I have improved since then though)

Thanks for the reply's and your honesty.  If it's a matter of just gutting it out and enduring the 10+ loss streaks so that the overall average of my ability to play bears out, that's a tough road.  I know that frustration is a part of the game, but holy crap. 

I kid you not, I spend a lot of time each day watching streams of Zeven, Anfield, Barks Internally, and had my games critiqued by sharnhorst.  I've been in a clan that existed for no other purpose than to farm damage and win rate, I can't seem to reconcile being a team player and growing my ability to carry games.  Is it simply a matter of watching good players, knowing the maps and playing 20k games and then enlightenment is bestowed upon you?

I dont think anyone here keeps playing after loosing 10 times in a row :fat:

generally means you are on tilt and should stop

From what I'm seeing 7k games is way too few games and I should not expect too much from myself with that few games under my belt.

From what I'm seeing 7k games is way too few games and I should not expect too much from myself with that few games under my belt.

Wotlabs contains many of the Old Gaurd, before Gold ammo for silver, tier 9 and 10 arty, and notorious MM (tier 5 KV vs IS-4 anyone?). In this sense, yes, however, you've shown to be far more capable than many at your battle count, so don't be too hard on yourself.

generally means you are on tilt and should stop

I do to prove tilt wrong.

@OP: I was much like you when I first started playing. @6K games I was roughly at your stats except I had ~1450 WN8 at your # of battles.

13k games later, look how close I am to being unicum now :doit:

What I'm gonna say is gonna be kinda off-topic but related. Ultimately, no one (but yourself) gives a shit about whatever figures (recent/overall) you put up. Figures are just that - figures. How much importance you accord them is entirely up to yourself. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that stats don't matter or you can't have an impact on the game, yada yada. That's shitter mentality. 

Personally, my enjoyment has a very strong correlation with my perceived performance (more often than not qualitative). The only reason I'm still playing this game after 2 years is because I think I still have room for growth as a player and I'm still seeing progress. That's what drives me to continue playing this game fraught with shitty RNG/mechanics/map design. 

It has taken a lot to get me to this point, but this game has pushed me to the brink of really walking away shaking my head in wonder.  Can you seriously get to purple solo pubbing?

When I first got serious at the game, I told myself (and some IRL friends) that I would not quit till I hit purple recents at the very least. I still stand by that. However, it's not so much about the actual figures than it is a mere quantitative indicator of my accomplishment. Yet, every instance you feel like punching a hole through your monitor or wishing cancer against some retard pubbie (and his family), remember that it's just a pixel tank game. No more, no less.

If stat-chasing compromises even a bit of fun, there's pretty much no point in hitting that "Battle" button. 

imho WR does not necessarily correlate to WN8. There are plenty of times where I am at an abysmal 2.2k WN8 but have had an 85% WR so go figure. Tank type has a large roll in this, high impact heavies and meds influence the battle far more than snipers regardless of skill. Just my 2 cents.  

I am the lord of honesty :dealdog: and I can tell you reaching purple recent was achieved with 99.9% solo pubbing.... I havent hit unicum overall yet because my stats from my first 7k games are weighing me down and it took me 7k games to even get to tier 8... but now Im progressing about 5 wn8 per day, playing about 10-30 solo pub matches.

Edited by Lord_Of_Honesty

Stop worrying about the colors under your name. Play the game and have fun with it. Do your best. Read guides, ask questions, watch strims if you want to get better. Don't go chasing after numbers under your name, you won't have fun and it likely won't even actually make you good at the game. Play for fun.

Just realize that solopubbing is a lot more susceptible to your luck with teams. The ride is a lot more wild when you're solopubbing. The ups and downs more extreme. That's just how it is. But like Zeven says, it all evens out over many thousand games to what is representative of your skill. That's why Zeven doesn't get pissed off (or as sperg) even when he has a terrible session. 

You just gotta push through it, push through the loss streaks. And by that I don't mean just keep playing. That's a bad idea. But don't get discouraged. Just acknowledge that if you're doing as well as you know you are normally (like you're not losing because you're potato-ing, you're pulling what you would consider to be your weight and beyond), losing is probably just down to sheer bad luck. If you need to cool off, go play something else. 

This quote from The Dark Knight is what I remind myself with:

"The night is darkest before the dawn."

. It's not too hard to explain, either; an AFKer, who constantly puts his team at a 1-man disadvantage, can manage to knock down his winrate to 40%!

I can do that without being afk, while trying very hard even. In WoT and in WoWs! (In AW I can't, always above 60%).

Edited by PrivateBert

It's not about whether you can reach uni/superuni soloing, it was proven countless times already. Take the legends like emu87 and Straik for example, take other players from purple poaster replays place and watch how they crush enemies soloing (poltto, xena and tcamir are 3 IMO best out there atm).

What you rather shall ask is how to get there, how to improve to the level, where you can carry soloing yourself.

NOOOOO 10+ loss streaks are NOT only MM and RNG and luck based... 10+ loss streaks mean 

A) You were upset before you started playing

or

B) You are upset now...

GTFO and "reset" your mindset. It could be the tank, it could be your mood (I know how I feel after losing 10 games) and yes you can pull it back up (I know I can) but resetting is the best. Sometimes that means just play for fun, sometimes it means do something else (I suggest not driving a car because I find that after 10 losses there are a lot of jerks on the road ;) )

I can do that without being afk, while trying very hard even. In WoT and in WoWs! (In AW I can't, always above 60%).

Over a reasonable period of time? I mean, it's possible; I have 430 games in my GWT with far-better-than-average damage, yet a 40% winrate. Still, it's exceedingly rare.

On an account level though, you'll never get a 40% winrate while trying very hard.

Over a reasonable period of time? I mean, it's possible; I have 430 games in my GWT with far-better-than-average damage, yet a 40% winrate. Still, it's exceedingly rare.

On an account level though, you'll never get a 40% winrate while trying very hard.

Well, I am at 44% in WoWs. Overall. Tendency: sinking, while damage and average xp climb sharply. Almost 700 battles now :)

My wife does half my damage and xp and wins over 50%. Just look at my sig. Blue xp, BLACK winrate.

In WoT I have many tanks with < 45% with many hundred battles and blue WN8 :) I even quit WoT because of it. Averaged 42% for 2 months with 2000 WN8, then quit.

It is only in Wargaming games...

Edited by PrivateBert

Well, I am at 44% in WoWs. Overall. Tendency: sinking, while damage and average xp climb sharply. Almost 700 battles now :)

My wife does half my damage and xp and wins over 50%. Just look at my sig. Blue xp, BLACK winrate.

In WoT I have many tanks with < 45% with many hundred battles and blue WN8 :) I even quit WoT because of it. Averaged 42% for 2 months with 2000 WN8, then quit.

It is only in Wargaming games...

can't comment on ships as I don't play ships, but in tanks... do you play crap tanks that give good Wn8, or are you sniping too hard? 

Edited by Nekommando

No, I am not camping. At all. I play a lot of different tanks.  Does not really matter. The straw that broke the camel's back was my last WoT session, with 3500 WN8 in a Rudy and 0% win rate...I was being shittered for 1000 battles straight and it was not the first time either. You just notice if you are getting it in the ..., even if you cannot see who does it :)

That streak started right after I had some argument with 2 russian devs that had romaed to the EU server...go figure ( I have the replay on vbaddict too). And it carried over to WoWs. Had 34% win rate for my first 360 battles.

You can neg rep me as much as you want, but by now I am convinced that the WG devs have the means to fuck you over. And they don't hesitate to do it. The fact that that possibility even exists is disturbing.

I have no trust whatsoever anymore in that company. WoWs is still fun to play, because you can do a lot of damage and play properly, even if you lose in the end anyway. In WoT not so much, when your team dies in 2 minutes flat every game, you can not do much either. In WoWs you can.

Edited by PrivateBert