Hazakdds

I'd like some real honesty.

Well, I am at 44% in WoWs. Overall. Tendency: sinking, while damage and average xp climb sharply. Almost 700 battles now :)

My wife does half my damage and xp and wins over 50%. Just look at my sig. Blue xp, BLACK winrate.

In WoT I have many tanks with < 45% with many hundred battles and blue WN8 :) I even quit WoT because of it. Averaged 42% for 2 months with 2000 WN8, then quit.

It is only in Wargaming games...

Stats in warships seem to be... different

I haven't actually seen anyone with a sig who has over 55% wr.

As for wot, if you are getting those kind of stats, you are farming damage and just not helping your team at all

As for wot, if you are getting those kind of stats, you are farming damage and just not helping your team at all

My average spotting says no to that. My stats indicate very aggressive play. I know how it plays out, I know statistics.

All what is being taught and said on WoTLabs is true and proper. As long as it is really left to random.

Does not matter, I am done with WoT and probably soon with WoWs too. When trust is gone, there is not much sense in continuing.

I never had that feeling with any other game or company. Even if I am mistaken and it is indeed random, the trust is gone.

But I don't believe I am mistaken. I am playing PvP games for since the internet exists and never have I played any other game where you have such long losing streaks.

But to answer the question: yes you can solopub to purple. The good players here can do it in T10 tanks.

I can do it too, as long as I play some chosen tanks. If I would play for 1000 battles in Vk28, Pz4H, Rudy and E50 I would be purple recent too. Easily so.

Edited by PrivateBert

In my humble opinion. Yes you can be purple while playing solo and anyway the purple level is set to low at the moment.

Now how to get there. That is the question :)

Switch on thinking while playing. Look for opportunity every 30s and try to figure out what you can do.

Play one tank for a longer period of time to find how it really can be played. don't jump from tank to tank.

Watch more streams or replay packs from best players to see not only the cherry picked best games on youtube.

Switching off xvm stats part worked for me very well because I got frustrated before battle already and it was influencing me very much.

I think you are on the brink of getting up on a new higher level of play. And after you get there you will wonder how easy it can be.

I'm still far away from any big achievements in this game and often get frustrated. But love it when it all clicks together sometimes.

My average spotting says no to that. My stats indicate very aggressive play. I know how it plays out, I know statistics.

All what is being taught and said on WoTLabs is true and proper. As long as it is really left to random.

Does not matter, I am done with WoT and probably soon with WoWs too. When trust is gone, there is not much sense in continuing.

But to answer the question: yes you can solopub to purple. The good players here can do it in T10 tanks.

I can do it too, as long as I play some chosen tanks. If I would play for 1000 battles in Vk28, Pz4H, Rudy and E50 I would be purple recent too. Easily so.

Tier 10s are easier imo

much more predictable, the only problem is t8-10 cancer is way the fuck stronger than any other tiers

Tier 10s are easier imo

much more predictable, the only problem is t8-10 cancer is way the fuck stronger than any other tiers

For me the easiest is with the derp guns. Vk28 especially is totally easymode. You get so many games over 10K WN8 it is unbelievable. Not possible to play that thing under 3K WN8.

But I also have a 5 skill crew in it. Or was it 4? I think 5. My last ~400 battles in it I had superuni stats.

Edited by PrivateBert

My routine over the last several thousand games has been to improve, plateau, improve, plateau, rinse repeat.  What is concerning me is not chasing the numbers and stats, as I know that's not the way to go, but instead of a plateau it's an actual back slide as if I've forgotten everything I've learned so far.  Maps I've known for the past year have been kicking my ass.  

I'll start watching different players and try to change the way I think. 

Thanks to everyone for responding.  It was a tough weekend.

Haz

I come in "late" in the discussion, but here's my 2 cents:

First of all I had simillar stats @your battlecount, if not worse. I managed to improve and get to a very good recent and a more than decent overall, so it's not impossible. From my experience there are a few moments in your wot experience where something inside your brain "clicks". Once you have this "click" you will see your numbers grow a lot untill you reach another level where you need yet another "click". You said you experienced the same with the plateau/improvement alternance. What I'm telling you is that you have to find out what has to "click" yet in your mindset to further improve.

Basic steps:
- Realize that your performance (or lack thereof) is due to what YOU do and not due to the team (99% of the time)
- Start improving because you realize there is something wrong in what you do

Once you realize this you have to understand WHAT is wrong and WHERE you can improve, there are a few ways to do so:
- Get your replays reviewed here on wotlabs, have a session in a tank and let the community tell you what you are doing wrong (no cherrypicking)
- Self analysis, as I've read somewhere from Crab: at the end of a game write down AT LEAST one thing that you did wrong. You do not need to read it again, but writing it down can help you memorize it. You will realize there is a pattern, ie "yolod the wrong flank" "overexposed my hull while I shouldn't have", you can then work to get that out of the way.
- Kewey method: T10 untill you get gud (I've done this, more or less, to get from 2.5k recent to where I am now), google it, you will find the method

From my experience, realizing what is the thing that is keeping you back is the most difficult part, @ your level (just basing myself on plain stats) you have a very good grasp of all the mechanics, you have a decent knowledge of the maps and you have a sense for "where I need to go in my tank", so what is the next level? Here are some pointers:
How do I exploit my knowledge of mechanics at my advantage? Vision game, shot baiting, reload counting, etc.
Read the teams: position accordingly. Where do I need to go to do well? Your standard positioning doesn't always work best; on the assumption the enemy tanks will go on "standard" positioning, where can I be most effective?
Predicting the flow of the battle: when do I need to relocate and why?
HP advantage in an area, knowing when to fall back and do it safely.
Map awareness, is there a way to flank those guys safely? Use it!
Leading the push: I'm in the tank that can do it, pubs will follow, they need someone to start it!

Also one more pointer: it's ok being a good teammate, but if the random potato is going to suicide, let him be, don't waste your time and your HP helping him if his is a hopeless effort. It might be selfish, but "using" him to get free damage on the enemy team will be more useful than trying to play with him doin stupid stuff. it's an extreme case and normally teamwork with pubs can and will work, but sometimes you need to set priorities!

Also one thing I didn't like about your statements:
"I can grasp advanced thought processes when it comes to map positioning and weak spots etc." -> No you don't, at least not fully.
I don't want to say you are stupid, I want to say this clearly, but you (and me too) have still A LOT to learn. If you do not get in the mindset that you have a lot of stuff to learn you will never improve. As an example of stuff we can both learn, watch some replays by X3N4, you will see him fall back from a flank and you wonder why the hell is he going away, give it 30 seconds and it will be clear that the flank is falling. He saw and predicted that before you even realized, now THAT is something that wins games, THAT is something I want to achieve.

Yes you can get to unicum stats solo. In fact, true unicums are unicums because they need nobody to help them win.

3 important questions

1. Am I having fun? (after all, it's a game, and it helps to play on decent level)
  2. Did I do my best?
  3. If you lost - What could I have done better?

I fucking suck at this game. but look at this maus

I dont platoon too often in it, Rexxie cries about its inability to flex, and I still keep 3k wn8 and 70% W/R with I'd say 90% of these games all solo'd

How2Unicum 101: Get Maus, Drive Forward with Optics, Spam Apcr, ????, Profit

Point of Ref: 

MausGermanyHT1021270.75%28692549.911.461.2283%1018215835

Its literally the easiest tank in the game to play and while its not stat-paddy like the Luna's E-50 because we all know being good at the E-50M and nothing else makes you the best player NA; It's fairly easy to get good W/R and DPG almost all solopub. :serb: 

I agree that not relying on your teammates to do anything for you is a good start. You shouldn't just dive into the right opening plays and expect someone else to have your back, ever.

A social play style will carry you a long way. You should always take the initiative for the right play, but if your team doesn't follow, don't go through with it all the way.

Don't be afraid to use your teammates and leave them to die, but more often that not, you have mutual interests with them. You can be a super uni that doesn't rely on anyone for anything, but your games will be easier and more fun if you help the pubs. WoT is not that different from life, where most people are random idiots, but it's still best to work with them. Cooperation is what makes humans a successful species. I don't think you need platoons to capitalize on that inclination.

, I find it VERY hard to believe that anyone can achieve unicum levels while strictly solo pubbing.  The matches that have utter garbage teams on one side with said solo pubber and at least competent players on the other would take super human ability to overcome THAT much dead weight.  I'm not saying that everyone can not point to a game and say, "see, that unicum did it."  What I'm saying is that no one can do that on a consistent enough basis to maintain unicum stats.  If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.  The frequency distribution of garbage teams that melt like snow in July is too high.  As I have heard Zeven and other unicums say time and again, "I can carry you guys if you just don't die so fast."  

You can be a lone wolf and carry games, but to reach unicum levels you have to actually trust that someone, somewhere, at some time will have your back in a solo pub match.

reaching unicum wn8 level solo is like shitting. anyone can do this unless someone sew up your butthole. 

reaching super unicums wn8 is like wiping, it requiers you to have hands

reaching ultra unicums wn8 is like shitting in public, you better do it alone.

reaching unicum w/r solo requires you to not camp behind arty

reaching super unicums w/r (65+) requires you to be either gud at tier 10, or pretty decent at lower ones.

reaching ultra unicums w/r requires 2 man platoon if its higher than tier 6 and you are in shit tank

the only tricky part is to have ultra unicum++   w/r and wn8 at once which requires you to play 2 man toon in something faster than 30kmph

:serb:

What I'll do is jump into my Pershing, Cent I and Indien Pz and knowing I'm sending them into be reviewed by the forum be awake, on point and giving my best effort.  Then post them up and have you all tear them up so I can't learn and get my next "click" to get out of this slump and off to tanking gud.

I do think 7k games is a little early. You're WAY ahead of the ballgame. There's nothing wrong with wanting to push yourself further; it's certainly a hell of a lot better than sitting there playing 10,000 more games mindlessly and learning very little, but the process of getting better does get easier as you get more experience.

Also take some of the "its SO EASY" replies here with a grain of salt, some people are too far off the deep end:cute:

I do think 7k games is a little early. You're WAY ahead of the ballgame. There's nothing wrong with wanting to push yourself further; it's certainly a hell of a lot better than sitting there playing 10,000 more games mindlessly and learning very little, but the process of getting better does get easier as you get more experience.

Also take some of the "its SO EASY" replies here with a grain of salt, some people are too far off the deep end:cute:

Maus is ez tho :(

Maus is ez tho :(

It's not as easy for almost everyone as it is for you. On average, most people only get ~1% higher winrate in a maus than they do overall. Even your average overall 68%er isn't rolling 70% maus winrates. For some comparison, a 68%er averages 71% in a batchat. The Maus isn't BAD for unicums (it's pretty average) but basically none of us have gotten the ezmode success in it that you have.

You are inflicted with assaditis, where every tank you do good in is automagically xX_LordWinnerTank_Xx in your eyes.

Thanks for your thoughtful advice Rexxie.  I'm watching Plotto on youtube in the Leo 1 right now and the problem is that it looks much easier than I know it is.  The mediums are my style so I'm sticking with that and learning some of the nuances of their play.

It's not as easy for almost everyone as it is for you. On average, most people only get ~1% higher winrate in a maus than they do overall. Even your average overall 68%er isn't rolling 70% maus winrates. For some comparison, a 68%er averages 71% in a batchat. The Maus isn't BAD for unicums (it's pretty average) but basically none of us have gotten the ezmode success in it that you have.

You are inflicted with assaditis, where every tank you do good in is automagically xX_LordWinnerTank_Xx in your eyes.

Gooby pls

Thanks for your thoughtful advice Rexxie.  I'm watching Plotto on youtube in the Leo 1 right now and the problem is that it looks much easier than I know it is.  The mediums are my style so I'm sticking with that and learning some of the nuances of their play.

You may also want to consider the E5 I went from 1300 wn8 to roughly 3800 wn8 in the span of 4-6 months playing about 800+ games in the E5 and learning the game in general. It offers flexibility a good hardy gun and enough speed to flex. I cant recommend it enough ever since the buff.

Gooby pls

You may also want to consider the E5 I went from 1300 wn8 to roughly 3800 wn8 in the span of 4-6 months playing about 800+ games in the E5 and learning the game in general. It offers flexibility a good hardy gun and enough speed to flex. I cant recommend it enough ever since the buff.

Thanks, I'll take a look at my tech tree.

Sometimes there is a bit of a gap between knowing what to do in a given situation and executing properly. Real soldiers drill and train all the time and it isn't because they're cool or want to look tough. ;)

So I would say try to apply more consistently what you have learned and practice, practice, practice. It becomes almost second nature  to recognize and take shots without being conscious of it.

Heck even I show occasional brilliance in games, but what I tend to remember more these days is where I missed an opportunity to carry or donkeyed on a shot. I say 'Well, I best not let that happen again' and slowly but surely there has been improvement on my end. lol

You can be good before the 7k games mark, it just takes a lot more active thinking about the game and how to play then just derping around playing tanks. I dont think we have yet seen the ceiling of how good someone can be quickly in this day and age.

SmyleeRage gave me a kind of Kewei advise on "how to become good" :

-Take the IS-6,

- use gold ammo,

- play the tank until your able to manage constantly > 1600 dpg before you step up to higher tiers.

From Valachio I heared something similar and he has around 2250 battles in this tank.

This.  One the internet, we all effortlessly bench 250 while earning our doctorate in applied dicking of supermodels.

Damage Farming:

I suppose I am the one who popularized this concept, but it doesn't apply here.  If you aren't at least a blunicum, you aren't damage farming.  You just aren't good enough to do so.  Damage farming is when you take actions that maximize your own damage but add no value, including things like cannibalizing damage others could farm, trying to win slowly so you maximize your time shooting, getting off your shot faster than your teammates, etc.  But that kind of gameplay pretty much only exists in the high end.

Lowbie ass shitters (aka, anyone who isn't at least purple recent) should try to focus on doing as much damage as possible.  There comes a point where better tactics/teamwork/etc generates more wins than additional damage autism, but that point is way out there on the bell curve -- probably approaching 2x your HP done in damage.  At your skill level, perhaps you should set a goal for ~1650 dpg in an IS6 or so.  If you don't maintain that each night, look at your replays and figure out why -- tactical mistakes (ie, drove into the open and got raped), bad trading shots, fought opponents you can't beat (e75, etc), or so on.  Keep building up your ability to angle, hit weak points, and play with common tactical sense (no need to be a superhero).  That should get you to blue, and you should see immediate solopub results (55%+).

Next step, continue to improve your damage skills and begin to incorporate better tactical play.  And thus on to purple.

In short, yes.

At my peak, I was soloing at ~60.5 and ~2800.  And there are many players better than me.  I could push that to 66-67 and 3500 if I stuck to certain tanks.  But, that was my peak.  That was when I was able to play at least 10-20 games per day, every day.  I doubt I could get back to that level now, unless I quit work.

Stats in warships seem to be... different

I haven't actually seen anyone with a sig who has over 55% wr.

Most of my friends who were blunicum/superunicum in wot seem to have 54-60%wr in ships also.

And look, there's one such sig just above ^