dualmaster333

Getting into the mind of a 44%er

First, at 17-20 fps, you need to fix that or you'll not be able to do shit. Drop your graphics, don't play on a laptop with no dedicated gpu, that's up to you.

<-- Plays at 15fps

I am recently getting 42% at 130games for a certain tank

ah well, my first tier5 arty it is.

No idea how to carry with that thing at all.

I am recently getting 42% at 130games for a certain tank

ah well, my first tier5 arty it is.

No idea how to carry with that thing at all.

Error, terms incompatible (if not Bishop/FV304, and a very limited number of other cancers).

And bitches about getting bad stats.

PS Can we make this a user title.

I feel my eagerness for a martyr's death each game is a bigger brake on my stats than my low fps and high ping. Although, it might play a role in some weird missed shots.

<-- Plays at 15fps

Just... How?

I've recently going back tweakings my settings in order to pump my fps above 25-30fps AT ALL times. Having it not fall below 30 in close quarter fighting, under any circumstance, has certainly helped me hit those otherwise twerky laggy shots that needed to either fly a millisecond earlier or just been shot better.

With 15fps, it's like a slideshow at certain times I guess...

I feel my eagerness for a martyr's death each game is a bigger brake on my stats than my low fps and high ping. Although, it might play a role in some weird missed shots.

"Eager for a martyr's death" is also a very nice user title.

Tito

PS. start a benefit action on the forum, that WOT players can donate money for Private_Miros' new computer / video card?

Or become a platoon mercenary: you carry people in platoons for 50 eurocent / match...?

As a beginner, finding a tank with good gun penetration is very helpful. You don't know weakspots so you need a highest chance of damaging enemy. King Tiger line is very good at this, unfortunately until E 75 those tanks are really fragile if you don't know how to play them properly. Also staying at tier 6 for a while to learn game mechanics is helpful. KV-1 line is good and VK 36.01 is not bad either (you probably have it as a prerequisite of your Tiger). And line to T29 (play T29 with AP) with HE guns and good depression can also teach you a lot. T29 alone is a very strong tank but you have to stay hull down to make it work. If you happen unable to damage some tank in battle, find its weakspots after the battle and next time you should be ok.

Avoid rushing to tanks just because you saw someone having good match in it. T69 is great tank but needs a lot of experience to make it work properly. T29 is more forgivable, but also needs lots of experience to get to its full potential.

It surprises me that you guys know about lusulpher, he was in one of my earlier clans and we used to platoon some. He was way better than me at the time but I stopped platooning with him because a tinfoil hat wasn't enough for him, he had a tin foil house.

He sporadically returns to another forum I frequent, like a Halley's comet convinced that the aliens are trying to harvest its brain. He has been gifted the permanent title of "Gibberish Generator" by the administration, and most of us just mock everything he says. He's decent, but not nearly decent enough to to offset his placement on the World of Tanks equivalent of the Hot/Crazy graph.

Well to be fair, I didn't join this forum/read the guides till very recently (1 month ago --say close to the 6K battle mark) and my fps was ~ 17-20ish.  I'm sure that didn't help at all.  You are not the first that is confused at just what I am doing/not doing.  Thus far I have had little actual feedback on the link to my replays so I am still on my own trying to figure out what I am doing incorrectly or correctly.  (This is a bit of a sore spot with me, but perhaps there is a reason which I will find out soon.) Most here have pointed me to various guides/youtube channels/twitch feeds which has helped some.   When I've been on TS  there have been a few that appear to be paltooning but I am VERY hesitant to ask if I can join.  Like this thread the community mentoring section is over a year old so there is no way to know who is still interested in doing any mentoring.  Hopefully, my new thread, on what to expect and how long to wait when asking for help, may give me some ideas on how to proceed.  Additionally my highest vehicle is 1(one) tier 8 King Tiger so I don't have the experience in just how the game changes when playing higher tiers.    I thank you and all others who are giving me their time and attention in an effort to guide me to improvement.

Step 1: Don't change default font when forum posting.

First, at 17-20 fps, you need to fix that or you'll not be able to do shit. Drop your graphics, don't play on a laptop with no dedicated gpu, that's up to you.

This is what I played with at launch.

dJYGtOv.jpg

Managed ~53-54%. This isn't a twitch shooter, with the exception of a rare instagib or ammo rack, engagements are much slower. 17-20 FPS may be aggravating, but it's hardly crippling. We have a Brazilian member in RDDT who plays on a machine at least that bad who manages things like the below in his IS-7.

7YgzdNh.png

Just... How?

I've recently going back tweakings my settings in order to pump my fps above 25-30fps AT ALL times. Having it not fall below 30 in close quarter fighting, under any circumstance, has certainly helped me hit those otherwise twerky laggy shots that needed to either fly a millisecond earlier or just been shot better.

With 15fps, it's like a slideshow at certain times I guess...

It sucks ... either you have to drop the quality down so you don't lag out in dogfights or crank it up so that you can actually see what direction the enemy is pointing their gun at a glance :(

9.x has not been kind...

Apologies about changing font in post, I copied and pasted into word to spell check and didn't notice the fornt change.   I don't use he except in rare cases against an open top vehicle.  I should have stated my current FPS is in the 50's to 70's after replacing my GPU.  I do have the KV 1 and the VK 3601, more battles in the Vk than the Kv.  

Can anyone accuratly guage my plastyle without seeing my replays, and if so can you tell me how?  I don't think even I know how I play.  Is that a problem or a curse or something else entirely?

Can anyone accuratly guage my plastyle without seeing my replays, and if so can you tell me how?

No.  

1) Set up the WoT client to save all replays.

2) Find a replay where your actions had unexplainable results

3) Download Bandicam or Fraps or OBS and record that replay.

4) Put the recording on Youtube.

5) Dress yourself in a flame-retardant outfit.

6) Make a new thread on this forum, link to the youtube video, and ask your questions.

I don't think even I know how I play.  Is that a problem or a curse or something else entirely?

It's a huge problem.  Linking to this; overlook the insult, the point starts at 0:09

wow... that lusulphur post hurt my brain... how can someone that paranoid be good? Wouldn't the tinfoil bodysuit block the view of the screen?

[necessary sarcastic/facetious/humorous part completed, continuing to useful part]

I've found that I have trouble flexing in non-medium tanks. How can I improve my flexing in TDs (Stug III G right now is my primary, T82 secondary) and German heavies (E-100 line)?