Rodrigopine

Konigsberg (Initial Thoughts)

So last night I unlocked the Konigsberg German Cruiser and played about 4 games last night.

Pros:

Guns are very accurate and have good dispersion even at maximum range. (Was able to destroy DDs at 7-9km.)

Cons:

Armor is a joke.

HP is a joke.

Additional Notes:

Speed seems solid but not exceptional. Same with maneuverability. The far reaching guns with adequate speed and maneuverability allowed me to dictate the pace of several engagements last night.

However, the armor and HP made it difficult to carry games. Best case you are using your team as meat shields while you harass at range.

Your impressions community?

I like the ship.

The guns, for this tier, are good. Good ROF, Good accuracy. But damage seems lacking. The few games i had were around 200 hits and the end result was disappointing. 

it seems that the ship is very prone to HE damage and modules are fragile. I've had my engine hit twice in a row in a battle where i was retreating (I was on the wrong side of the lemming train ;) ). Didn't last long after that. 

I've not been hit to the citadel yet  and AP hits on me were mostly overpen. Armor is not good but it is true of all tier 5 cruiser.

Good ship overall. fun to play.

But to carry a game, i'd rather have the US or IJN ones.

I thought the Obalancemaha was OP but this ship is just ridiculous. The only weakess so far is that the engine gets destroyed EVERY game, usually more than once. A premium repair consumable is a must and I think I will respec my captain to get the skill that lets you keep going at reduced speed with a damage engine.2015-10-19_00009.thumb.jpg.e2297e6883c3b

After that I had a game where I got 120k dmg, 4 kills and 4 medals but I can't seem to be able to upload another pic. Is there a daily limit?

I'd love to see the replay for your 6 kill match there if possible. I can't seem to reliably citadel anyone with this ship so I'd love to see how you do it. :)

Sorry, I haven't enabled replays yet. I can't be bothered to do it until they enable it in the client. I wouldn't say I reliably citadeled anyone. I think 5-6 of those citadels were in one salvo, because, you know, balance reasons. So it was mostly luck that time. You reliably do damage all the time, though, because those guns are ridiculously accurate.

Enjoy your e-honour on that high horse. I'm going to troll in the K-berg. So much fun.

It has nothing to do with e-honor, it's just boring as fuck to eviscarate pubtrash that is playing for about 4 hours. This place is evolving from high tier, new gameplay, new tactics site to a "LOLLOOKATMYSUPPOSEDLYOPLOWTIERSHIPICANPUBTRASHWITH" I never understood the fascination because it's just plain stupid.

Now that ST NDA won't fuck me in the rear, I can finally give my thoughts about this ship.

AP dmg is now "German flavor". There's a reason Tirpitz also had its AP dmg bumped up this patch. Right now this ship seems to function a bit like a T5 Cleveland that mounted Mogami 15.5cm guns, with 1 turret traded away for 4 triple torp tubes. I found playing super-yolo agro against BB provided entertaining results when you could output 6 tubes of pain on top of the 6-inch guns already present.

Just never fire HE out of it. Even against DD it's pretty shit.

It has nothing to do with e-honor, it's just boring as fuck to eviscarate pubtrash that is playing for about 4 hours. This place is evolving from high tier, new gameplay, new tactics site to a "LOLLOOKATMYSUPPOSEDLYOPLOWTIERSHIPICANPUBTRASHWITH" I never understood the fascination because it's just plain stupid.

Maybe that's because the German cruiser line has been out for all of 2 days, and the high tiers are a mass of stupidity and balance problems? Tiers 4-7 are actually balanced and fun. If you have that much of an issue with it you could always post elsewhere.

Now that ST NDA won't fuck me in the rear, I can finally give my thoughts about this ship.

AP dmg is now "German flavor". There's a reason Tirpitz also had its AP dmg bumped up this patch. Right now this ship seems to function a bit like a T5 Cleveland that mounted Mogami 15.5cm guns, with 1 turret traded away for 4 triple torp tubes. I found playing super-yolo agro against BB provided entertaining results when you could output 6 tubes of pain on top of the 6-inch guns already present.

Just never fire HE out of it. Even against DD it's pretty shit.

HE is kind of useful from middle ranges where you can't get deck pens with the 150s. At any other range then load the AP and watch them cry.

Edited by OnboardG1

I never understood

There's your problem.

I'm not playing the Königsberg because I love tier 5 specifically. I play it because it's what I have at the moment. I will say, though, that I think this game needs some serious work on the high tier gameplay. I've only made it to tier 8 but from my experience there, and from watching youtube and streams, I can see the pattern. Play Midway, a BB or gtfo. Actually, if you like to win, playing anything but the Midway is just retarded. The diversity that still exists at tier 5-7 just isn't there. Please, try to sell me tier 10 gameplay because I just can't see the point atm. Take your "Waaaaahhh!! Sealclubbing!! Waaaaahhhh!!" somewhere else, please.

AP dmg is now "German flavor". There's a reason Tirpitz also had its AP dmg bumped up this patch.

Wait, what?  What is Tirpitz AP damage now?  I haven't seen anything about it and I'm not at home to look.

I've only made it to tier 8 but from my experience there, and from watching youtube and streams, I can see the pattern. Play Midway, a BB or gtfo. Actually, if you like to win, playing anything but the Midway is just retarded. The diversity that still exists at tier 5-7 just isn't there. Please, try to sell me tier 10 gameplay because I just can't see the point atm.

Tier 8 is mostly fine in my experience.  I can play the Tirpitz or Amagi any time and get decent MM, with only the occasional pull up into a screwed up tier 10 MM Vomit with 8 ships per team and a Midway/TierX/TierX division on one side.

Tier 10 is definitely a pain though.  I love my Yamato, and I love my Montana.  I hate being unable to play them at non-evening hours unless I want to risk the previously mentioned MM Vomit games, and I hate that I've got a 25-33% chance of getting those games even during primetime.

I seal club in my South Carolina because everyone goes on about how it's the worse ship ever and I'm just proving it's not, it's all about how it's sailed. I actually spend time teaching people in those low tiers how to properly fight with BBs, but I also do it for the lulz because one shotting a St. Louis it's just plain fun

Wait, what?  What is Tirpitz AP damage now?  I haven't seen anything about it and I'm not at home to look.

Tier 8 is mostly fine in my experience.  I can play the Tirpitz or Amagi any time and get decent MM, with only the occasional pull up into a screwed up tier 10 MM Vomit with 8 ships per team and a Midway/TierX/TierX division on one side.

Tier 10 is definitely a pain though.  I love my Yamato, and I love my Montana.  I hate being unable to play them at non-evening hours unless I want to risk the previously mentioned MM Vomit games, and I hate that I've got a 25-33% chance of getting those games even during primetime.

Yeah I like playing my Tirpitz and Amagi, but playing anything other than BBs (Not counting skillships, as that doesn't count as playing) at 8+ seems like just gimping yourself totally. I stopped playing my New Orleans and I didn't even bother to buy the Mogami. I think I have 100k xp on my elited Myoko now.

Those weird games where the matchmaker can't manage to find complete teams never happen to me. I guess there are more people on EU.

If you don't have premium ships and are not a fan of CV or BB play, the only choice is mid tiers. I know some people that have 360+ games in a ST.Louis. (not me) Also, even with premium, the best net profit is from tiers 4 to 6 for the average captain. By tier 3-4 most people have some degree of skill and a few without a premium account are very skilled. They have not gotten the cash or exp to have gone higher. Someone with 300 games played is not a seal.

Only a ~3% increase in AP dmg, as German flavor is now supposed to be higher AP dmg (and worse HE) than other nations for their guns.

Also do note the tier 8-10 cruisers now do 5700 dmg per citadel on AP (previously 4700), so keep that in mind when engaging them.

Edited by Flametz