Rodrigopine

Konigsberg (Initial Thoughts)

Good ship.  I did better than I thought I would, but I still make too many mistakes where I'm basically just hoping an opposing battleship is terrible, instead of keeping myself out of that position in the firstplace.  On to the Nurnberg!

Good ship.  I did better than I thought I would, but I still make too many mistakes where I'm basically just hoping an opposing battleship is terrible, instead of keeping myself out of that position in the firstplace.  On to the Nurnberg!

That seems to be a mistake I know too good. It's just being overly aggressive with superior enemies. 

I find the Konigsberg to be an incredible performer at tier 5, good at tier 6 and functional in matches with tier 7's.  I pretty much fire straight AP, and the damage numbers for the first four battles are the highest I have yet to achieve ( I know, small sample size ).  It's fun to play, and having those torps in your back pocket seems unfair when you can ambush an occupied ship.

I find those ambush opportunities happen a lot more in the KBerg than the NBerg.  That one tier difference seems to mean a lot more large maps, and a lot fewer opportunities to smack someone with 6km range torps.  But they worked very well on the K.  Probably since I was running for my life as my team failed so often...  Dropping a few torps in my wake saved my ship's ass more than once.  

This will be my 3rd Tier V.

A good choice for a beginner yes? :D

I seem to enjoy RoF and agility over armour and dank firepower so this seems well suited to me.

I am skipping the Karl though, due to a combination of this thread and the Kolberg. I enjoyed the Kolberg, In tier III/IV matches it was fast enough to douse enemies in rapid fire ordnance. Very fun, I got a wicked 50k damage game fighting an endless horde of St Louis'. It became terrible in direct correlation to the number of tier 5s in a match though.

Then I look at the Karl which, as far as my noobvision can tell, is exactly the same ship (same-ish size, gun layout etc) and know that it will face even higher tiers? Good Christ no thanks.

Konigsberg is toosexy4me. 3 gun turrets bae.

Karlsruhe got a massive gun buff, giving it good AP, which you should be shooting instead of HE with all of the german cruisers from that point up with the possible exception of Yorck.