EliZacharias

Invisa-firing; is it a thing? a meta? or hype?

and which ships are good/best at it?

I ask after doing some reading here and in the WoWS forums and on reddit where I found this little gem:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=360E87CC23673AEC!131&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!ABOQSeuh09KOjjk

I am thinking some of the mid tier German cruisers could also be quite good at invisa-firing but it looks like the HIndenberg almost fails completely on it. 

I have found it to be an advantage from smoke with DDs and it definitely factored into games in WoT so I'm wondering about

• the different views on its impact in matches(especially upper tier) in WoWS and
  • which ships/types in other's opinions work well at invisa-firing?
Edited by EliZacharias

I do enjoy playing my Benson and Sims (and Farragut when I had it) for that reason and its why I'm asking the question as I'm wondering about other lines, possibly any of the Cruiser lines like Zao or Hindenberg now.

Zao does it well with range and camo maxed.

Thank you!  Any thoughts on Zao v Hindenberg line as regards invisa-fire but also in general?

Edited by EliZacharias

Thank you!  Any thoughts on Zao v Hindenberg line as regards invisa-fire but also in general?

Hindenburg should be able to dish out quite a bit more damage with stronger AP and faster reload, but seems to be more flimsy, this is purely speculation based on the paper stats though.

Hindenburg should be able to dish out quite a bit more damage with stronger AP and faster reload, but seems to be more flimsy, this is purely speculation based on the paper stats though.

depends on the pen of the AP round.  unless they buffed that, I don't see any cruiser guns matching the IJN 20.3cm no. 3 (experimental gun) that zao has for AP, that IRL fired a heavier AP shell than the US superheavy 8", at a higher muzzle velocity.

The US cruisers are an odd fit in the game. As a strict gunboat, they have high shell arcs, and as stated, a worse ap round at tier 10, and as AA cruisers, the planes have far too much durability. So the only real leverage able strength over IJN is being slightly more durable. At least, that's how it seems.

Both T9 and T10 US CA's are getting buffed next patch. But only armor supposedly. The IJN CA's have worse AA, but not a lot worse. I get almost the same amount of plane kills with the IJN CA's, so just from my limited experience, the US CA's need some love starting at T8. I do well in the Pensacola, so it seems fine.

The US cruisers are an odd fit in the game. As a strict gunboat, they have high shell arcs, and as stated, a worse ap round at tier 10, and as AA cruisers, the planes have far too much durability. So the only real leverage able strength over IJN is being slightly more durable. At least, that's how it seems.

I'm pretty sure US Cruisers are just bad right now.  Between the higher detection range, higher firing arcs, worse setting on fire rate, they don't really outperform the IJN cruisers in the gunnery department.  Having stronger AA is not all that useful when the CV can just go bomb somewhere else.  Maybe the armor change will help a bit, but as they are they're all sitting like ~5% wr below their IJN counterparts (aside from Ibuki, which is still better).  

I'm pretty sure US Cruisers are just bad right now.  Between the higher detection range, higher firing arcs, worse setting on fire rate, they don't really outperform the IJN cruisers in the gunnery department.  Having stronger AA is not all that useful when the CV can just go bomb somewhere else.  Maybe the armor change will help a bit, but as they are they're all sitting like ~5% wr below their IJN counterparts (aside from Ibuki, which is still better).  

Well, a small armor buff won't bring them up to equal performance. Something needs to be done in terms of firepower, between worse ammo, worse trajectory, and worse visibility, they need somewhat of a rework. especially since they don't have torps, minus the phoenix and omaha, both of which are actually fine currently. I don't have a good idea how to balance it properly though.

Well, a small armor buff won't bring them up to equal performance. Something needs to be done in terms of firepower, between worse ammo, worse trajectory, and worse visibility, they need somewhat of a rework. especially since they don't have torps, minus the phoenix and omaha, both of which are actually fine currently. I don't have a good idea how to balance it properly though.

Well, it's America so should be all about the guns yo! (Historically speaking we had some bad ass gunnery. And our early WWII torps had bad detonators...)