Hey there,

I just noticed today that my T-34-85 is near 3 MoEs, at 91.33% to be exact. This is from casual play only. I've been bored with the game lately, and have decided to try to get my third mark in this tank. 

I've never gotten a third MoE yet. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated. I have two marks on several tanks, including M6, T29, and my Crommie, and also of course on the T-34-85.

If it interests you, my setup is Vents, Rammer, and Binocs; 41 AP, 5 APCR, 2 HE, and permanent summer camo paint.

Crew skills so far are Sixth Sense, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride, Situational Awareness, and Safe Stowage all at 100%; and then BiA currently at 63% on all crew.

Tank stats are 52% WR, 40% survival rate, dmg ratio of 1.63, K/D of 2.36, avg XP/battle is 518, avg dmg/battle is 923 with 566 received and 247 assist. 1.12 spots and 1.4 kills per game. 

Looking forward to hearing any pointers :P

• Keep playing your best game.
  • Get rid of Binocs, go for Optics or GLD.
  • BIA is obviously useless unless it's 100%, for max effect retrain for camo.
  • Spam more APCR for max effect as well.

More APCR, food instead of fire extinguisher.

Respeccing to BIA loses 6th so don't do that. Respeccing BIA to skills instead of perks... bit expensive but it doesn't hurt... then again if you are this close it may be a waste of resources.

Remember that assistance damage also counts (not sure if spotting only or tracking also) so especially when bottom tier... try to farm a bit extra by tracking + damaging shots.

zpfGlit.jpgFyOYErK.jpgNakIRQL.jpg

That's the set up for my Rudy which is basically the same as the 34-85.

If ur 2nd skill is 63% BIA on all I would recommend to drop that for full repair as there is nuffin worse than wasting a rep kit for tracks if a few seconds faster repair speed would do it as well.
Food is kinda viable as u only burn if smby smacks u in the bum/engine from my experience.
Get some more apcr for 'reliable' pens on sides of t8s, the ap can be troll sometimes. ( if u can't pen anything just track it so u get assistant dmg ) 

My stats on that lil bugger ain't that good ( small sample size best sample size ), but the marks on the 34-85 should be really easy compared to the Rudy - few 2k games combined are prolly already 3rd mark.

ps: yes hate me for retraining 3 crew members for credits cuz ima poor fella :doge: 

In my experience? Gold rounds, gold rounds, gold rounds. I carry 30 AP, 15 APCR, and 3 HE. When I was grinding for marks, I went with 20 APCR after a few too many games as bottom tier. Crew was set up with Sixth, Snap Shot, Smooth Ride, Situational Awareness, and Safe Stowage, followed by all camo at 70% or so. The camo makes a huge difference, I felt, because in those bottom tier games I could bush snipe and spot for blind heavies.

Suggest running Enhanced Gun-Laying Drive, Rammer, and Optics for maximum effect. You won't have the best view range, but you'll have enough to count. I tended to be very aggressive in my play in the mid to late game. Early game, you're too squishy to reliably bounce same tier, so minimize damage taken as much as possible. Side scrape, use teammates as shields, etc. Then poke and stab the enemy in the eye.

Basically, do what you're doing, but goldspam moar and camo it up. Aim for around 2k damage per game, but really just focus on getting shots downrange into the enemy rather than focusing on that number.

Edited by Purple_Prose

I'm closing in on the 3rd mark, and should have it by 100 games. I run Rammer/GLD/Optics, because view range at tier 6 is still pretty powerful, what with the crappy crews people have. My crew has 6th/camo 1st skill, camo/gun handling 2nd. I run about 30% or so APCR. 

If ur 2nd skill is 63% BIA on all I would recommend to drop that for full repair as there is nuffin worse than wasting a rep kit for tracks if a few seconds faster repair speed would do it as well.

This. That BIA isn't working at all, just wasted slot space. Drop and get repairs rather than BIA, BIA would be a good 4th skill on this tank since as far as I know that tank doesn't struggle with insanely long reload, terrible handling or other things you would help negate with BIA.

Yeh tryhard mode, lot of apcr, food consumables etc. 

Can be a slog getting over the line, working on my Cromwell B and Fury at the moment, both are around 92% I think

BTW VBaddict will tell you what averages you need and how you are currently doing. 

Yeh tryhard mode, lot of apcr, food consumables etc. 

Can be a slog getting over the line, working on my Cromwell B and Fury at the moment, both are around 92% I think

BTW VBaddict will tell you what averages you need and how you are currently doing. 

VBA averages are skewed because they are taken from multiple servers and the MoE values are server based. I have had (1st) MoE on VBA where I was a few hundred points above the required value but I didn't have the MoE.

Also the actual % (and the damage) is taken from the API so the in game version is better because it's always up to date.

^Yes but the game doesn't tell you the damage value and if you have had the tank a long time your DPG in it is also not really relevant, so VB is a good guide to have in mind as a sort of target average to keep hitting above. 

Just out of curiosity, how do you find out how close you are to the next MOE? Before I retired it I had 2 MOE's on the KV1 and I didn't know what I had to do or how long it would be to get to the 3rd one.

With the ammo capacity of this tank I would also bring more apcr, at least 10/15, it will help you to be usefull in T8 games. But what i would also do is bring more HE, Im not a fan at all of HE ammo, I almost never fire them, I don't even carry any on most tanks, but on this tank it's so OP !!! 300 alpha on lights, some TDs(hellcat, borsig line), and rears of others tanks, just wow ! Try it and you will love it.

Food consummables might help but it is very expensive to run, especially if you don't buy them on sales. But what you should do as many people have said already is retraining your crew skills to repair or camo because the T34/85 will benefit a lot from those 2, while your BIA isn't working and is gonna take tons of battles to be effective, to go from 63% to 100% on 2nd skill you need 347000 xp !!! The choice between repair and camo depends on your playstyle and what you are more confortable with.

4 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you find out how close you are to the next MOE? Before I retired it I had 2 MOE's on the KV1 and I didn't know what I had to do or how long it would be to get to the 3rd one.

In game you can see at tank statistics what your damage % is. 65% is 1, 85% is 2, 95% is 3rd MoE.
If you use VBA you can see in your tank statistics what the required damage is for the next MoE (not 100% accurate but pretty close).

1 hour ago, Moudjahidiin said:

With the ammo capacity of this tank I would also bring more apcr, at least 10/15, it will help you to be usefull in T8 games. But what i would also do is bring more HE, Im not a fan at all of HE ammo, I almost never fire them, I don't even carry any on most tanks, but on this tank it's so OP !!! 300 alpha on lights, some TDs(hellcat, borsig line), and rears of others tanks, just wow ! Try it and you will love it.

Food consummables might help but it is very expensive to run, especially if you don't buy them on sales. But what you should do as many people have said already is retraining your crew skills to repair or camo because the T34/85 will benefit a lot from those 2, while your BIA isn't working and is gonna take tons of battles to be effective, to go from 63% to 100% on 2nd skill you need 347000 xp !!! The choice between repair and camo depends on your playstyle and what you are more confortable with.

HE sucks arse.. even against some arty you get damage blocked by modules / gun / tracks... I stopped taking it on low damage guns. It would depend on the ammo count a bit if you take some... hmmm nearly double the damage is a lot though.