Firepower or Spotting ability  

12 members have voted

1. 1. In tier 6 and 8 stronghold skirmishes, what would you commanders prefer for light tank crew skills/equipment? Those that enhance firepower or spotting ability?

• Firepower (ie Rammer, vents, GLD, Smooth Ride, Snapshot... ect)
    • Spotting Ability (optics, camo skill, Recon, Situation awareness)
    • Other (please state below)

So with the current FASTBOIS meta in tier 6 skirmishes what should I focus on for crew skills and equipment? Those that enhance firepower / ability to do damage or those that enhance the spotting ability of light tanks? Oh and add why too!

Type 64:

Optics

Vents

Rammer

Why:

Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits 

Fire power imo, maybe one or two geared towards spotting but mainly firepower as when you run into another scout/fastboi guess who's going to win in the engagement... the one made for vision control or the one made for kicking ass:) (BTW on a light you should atleast have coated optics as an equipment regardless of "spec" as it adds a little versatility)

Why it has to be one or another ?

Camo on lights is a must and so are optics. Rammer is a must in every tank. And if possible you should mount vertical stab.

Combination is the key. 

snip

That's actually a rather weird question to ask,since those don't really matter in tier 6 skirmishes.

But I'll go with full damage output setup in any given tier 6 tank.It's not like you have higher tiers to deal with and that makes spotting less important.

Do not ever use the GLD unless there is a better option.

For tier 6 lights the standardequipment is rammer/vents/optics with the exceptions of the T37 and the Type64 (The T37 uses verts instead of the rammer, as for fthe type instead of the vents i would rather use binos for pure spotting, I consider GLD to be mostly useless/neglectable in actual combat situations)

As for the crewskills camo and repairs should be the priority imo (camo better for randoms, repairs for skirmishes) , the other important skills are crewspecific anyway and dont exclude one another.

As for tier 8, optics, rammer, verts, vents (for 13 90) or GTFO

Type 64:

Optics

Vents

Rammer

Why:

Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits Fuck pubbies up and grind credits 

the type cant run vents, open topped tank 

or atleast Im pretty sure it cant

Yeah, it can't. I run it with rammer, optics and binocs.

both optics and binos together is a waste, they dont stack

GLD is far more useful

I know they don't stack. But in case I can be passive spotter, binocs are very useful. GLD don't help much at all imo.

I know they don't stack. But in case I can be passive spotter, binocs are very useful. GLD don't help much at all imo.

Passive spotting is not needed whatsoever at T6

just go full output setup and use your mobility to flex if you find yourself lacking vision control

Mountain pass is pure cancer in any kind of organized play unless you defend for the draw or you have high-arc arties to shit on the shitters. Seriously, if you camp in strongholds, fuck you.

both optics and binos together is a waste, they dont stack

GLD is far more useful

I run mine with optics, rammer and enhanced torsion bars.  I find the aim time more than sufficient in most cases but enjoy the greater track durability...

Passive spotting is not needed whatsoever at T6

just go full output setup and use your mobility to flex if you find yourself lacking vision control

It is more of a pub setup, but I'm too lazy to change it over when we (rarely) do T6 stronks. And GLD (which I think is the option) doesn't really bring anything to run&gun tactics anyways. Of course if only vents would be an option...

Care to ask how you run it?

Look dude, in my tonk I brought one of those hand held fan things that blow water out that you can get at Disney world, so fuck yourself :feelsbad: