TheMarine0341

T55A Club: Like the T-54, but far more exclusive

I may try to three mark this, but I don't know if I hate myself enough to try. Hull armor is pretty awful and the speed is meh, but the gun handles exceptionally well. Not as good as T-54 imo, but it does have its merits.

lol good luck :popcorn:

As much as i want this tank i was stuck on its incinerator for 2 months and just couldn't take it anymore. :/

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/21787-comprehensive-“best-tank-for-mission”-list/

Thanks to Marine's little list here I did it in about 4-5 days I think. A-43 w/o deadeye, set a t25/2 on fire twice from the back. Frustating but doable.

Edited by Nalok

1 arty mission away from it or mt15 and ht15 with honors. 

Was close to getting arty 15 2 days ago with gwe100 but a 50b had just 48 exp more (that last miss on the killing shoot really counted :( )

8 minutes ago, raffy said:

1 arty mission away from it or mt15 and ht15 with honors. 

Was close to getting arty 15 2 days ago with gwe100 but a 50b had just 48 exp more (that last miss on the killing shoot really counted :( )

M44 with just HEAT. Expensive, but 240mm pen HEAT is amazing. Possibly platoon with a tier 7 or a pref 8 to ensure more HP. @dualmaster333 and @sr360 can also vouch for this method: The 240 pen offers you the spike you need to get the 3k damage top EXP

Well I only have the FV3805 and GWE100 so this is it till I unlock the M44 (wasted 80k free exp to get the jap t6 and start the vkb/maus line when bouncing 3 x hp seemed impossible with the tanks I have; and go figure I do it next day with IS4 on malinovka, funny yes :) ) so 10k more to M44 :) meanwhile trying to do HT and MT with honors (HT missed by 320 damage/taken or dealt few times now :( )

But same feedback I got from my clan mates M44 or M40/43 tooning with higher tiers. 

I actually got SPG-15.3 with the M40/43 with this game, but I subsequently met requirements a couple of times with the M44. 
http://wotreplays.com/site/2211666#lakeville-sr360-m40_m43

Got it with M44 being able to do arty 15.

Just 3 games in it and I kind of like it. Managed with Ap so far but didn't get to face any really heavy tanks yet. Also it is a sexy tonk.

Haven't played mine too much lately, as I've been playing the T-54 instead. Just as an FYI: Three marking the T-54 is about 500 combined LESS than the required combined for the T55A TWO marks

Finally got it today with a 8k 6 kill TD game (shame it wasn't for the 260). Is it good enough to sell the T-54?

22 hours ago, Nalok said:

Finally got it today with a 8k 6 kill TD game (shame it wasn't for the 260). Is it good enough to sell the T-54?

Im keeping both. T54 is a better bully, T55A better sniper

Took for damn ever, but I finally have joined the T-55a cool kids club.

Didn't take any screenshots yet, but man this tank is a dream to play.

On 25.2.2016 at 3:51 PM, JoreyTK said:

My ace tanker in it.

Fascinating game. I must say T-55A appeared quite sluggish compared to the T-54. Do you have just a so-so crew on it?

19 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Fascinating game. I must say T-55A appeared quite sluggish compared to the T-54. Do you have just a so-so crew on it?

I have a 5 skill crew in both. The T54 does move faster overall

Got it few months back and I like taking it out for a drive once in a while.

It also shows me how bad I was playing T54 back in my super noob days.

19 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I have a 5 skill crew in both. The T54 does move faster overall

Marine, allright. I knew upfront that it is generally a bit slower but not by how much.
Jorey did a fine job in that frame but I have to say especially the combo
of hull/turret rotation appeared surprisingly slow. It there is anything I love in my T-54
it is the agility/dexterity feel in it.
Not sure if it is of much interest to sacrifice all that for a slightly better gun

2 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Not sure if it is of much interest to sacrifice all that for a slightly better gun

The improved gun handling makes up for the lack of mobility and armor, as you're exposing yourself less to get the same shots. The handling on the 55A is REALLY noticeably better

Just now, TheMarine0341 said:

The improved gun handling makes up for the lack of mobility and armor, as you're exposing yourself less to get the same shots. The handling on the 55A is REALLY noticeably better

Right, ok. Well I suppose a Uni will recognize the more subtler differences and play it with its strenghts in mind.
The t-54 is my Alamo, my last resort when everything else fucks up. Because I am naturally over-aggressive
and a green shitter when it comes to sit awareness in combo with the fact that I am 50 with ditto reflexes,
the 54 suits me perfectly. It is still OP even with nerfed turret and much more forgiving when I fuck up
due to its speed and flex capabilities(And fuck up I do all the time)
If I get t-55A one day I believe I will have to play it more like an E-50 I guess

I'll be joining you guys soon enough.  LT-15 complete and SPG-15 and HT-15 complete with honors.   I'm on TD-15 and MT-7 (need the rest of the MT line...just haven't focused on it or changed the mission from the kill 3 SPG mission).  Glad the crew layout is the sameish as the Mutz...love(ok hate) how WG moves the RO duties around the crew right around tier 9 or 10 so that you have to retrain if you're boosting your view with SA.

With my 4 perk german crew I get 411 meters view range without optics. Would you recommend dropping the vents for optics in current meta? Or maybe even the V-stab due to good gun handling?

21 hours ago, Nalok said:

With my 4 perk german crew I get 411 meters view range without optics. Would you recommend dropping the vents for optics in current meta? Or maybe even the V-stab due to good gun handling?

Lel drop vents, never drop vstab on a tank that can mount it!!