Archaic_One

A moment of silence please

. . . for all of the dead radio men this weekend.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/Abode-of-tankenstein/

Yep, KV-5 rentals all weekend long.  So my question is, what would be a good tank to farm them in?  I'm thinking my FCM.

T32 all weekend.  :)

How does an event like this affect mm across the tiers?  With a flood of people playing the KV-5, I guess that tier 8's will see top tier more than normal.  So does this also mean that tiers 6 and 7 will see top tier games less than normal?  Does it have a noticeable affect on other tiers mm?  Will tier 9's see more or less top tier games?  How about tiers 4 and 5 due to 6's and 7's being stuck in more tier 8 games? 

O-HO, IS-6, Mutant, 110 and of course te IS-3.

Basicly anything that sn´t made out of tissuepaper or lower tier will shit on the KV-5.

Edited by Fabunil

I'm going camping. Would've been a good time to farm HT-12.4 in the VKB.

I did play a few games tody. Soooo many shitters in KV-5's. It's unreal. The XVM stats in tier 8 games looks like they do in tier 2. 

This is the first time they've done rentals for standard games above tier 7, right?

I played IS-6 a bit today, it stomps all over them. More reliable armor, better trades, faster.

My JP2 absolutely loves these KV5 drivers constantly turning their turrets in every direction. I have rarely had to bother the poor radio operators.

Kv5 rental is the worst decision ever. Had a match where there's 6 kv5 on each side and 4 of ours use HE against other kv5s. CMON!!!

On the contrary, it's the best damn thing ever. The moment I read about it I decided to get on and play some tonks to clobber some retards.

On the contrary, it's the best damn thing ever. The moment I read about it I decided to get on and play some tonks to clobber some retards.

if I wasn't working all day THIS is what I would be doing! lol

P.S. I will be on tonight around 7PM PST in my E-75 if anyone is interested in platooning. Will turn down the suck for the right people. ;)

Edited by Rodrigopine

I find the best way to club shitters in kv-5's is to drive the rental kv-5! Makes credits, trains my is-3/4 crew like a boss due to bonuses and pens that r2-d2 and turret cupola like a pro. 

None of them seem to know how to deal with reverse sidescraping either.

Had 9 kv-5's each side yesterday!! And yeah tier 8 MM xvm looks like tier 3. Fairly hilarious farming!

Edited by Nalok

If you want to farm them, I'd play the IS-6 (proof against the AP, out trades, faster, etc) or IS-3 (proof against the AP and mostly even APCR, punches through 180mm turret with no issue, etc). If you have a T28 or T28P, now is the time to grind that too; both are pretty close to hardcounters to the KV-5, although obviously you're still fucked if you get flanked by one.

Other than that, most every T9 HT (with armour) is going to farm these things with incredible ease.

If you have a KV-5 this is probably not a great time to drive it. Lots of KV-5 countering vehicles out there, and a lot of players have been forced to become quickly aware of how to deal with them.