Point the gun at the sky, the mantlet should stop being an autobounce zone and absorbs their shells.

But yeah, every time I meet one, even in my IS-6 or T-44 I just abuse the shot-trap. It rarely fails.

Pointing the gun up is habit in my 50b when reloading but I had never considered it on my 32.

Thanks for the info!

Point the gun at the sky, the mantlet should stop being an autobounce zone and absorbs their shells.

But yeah, every time I meet one, even in my IS-6 or T-44 I just abuse the shot-trap. It rarely fails.

I'm about to purchase the T32. This is very handy information to have. 

Definitely one of my fav tanks

I never see you play much except 10s!

I never see you play much except 10s!

That's true, but back in the day i really enjoyed it. Sometimes i still play it, got 647 battles in my T32

That's true, but back in the day i really enjoyed it. Sometimes i still play it, got 647 battles in my T32

Yeah, it's a fun tank.  I need to put some equipment back on mine and run it some.

I love my T29, but the T32 just doesn't work for me.  Even though I play them almost exactly the same way, my win rate is great in the T29 (60%) and shit in the T32 (44%).  The main difference seems to be that I seem to have a hard time penning targets in the T32.  Should I be spamming apcr?  I hate to do that when the rounds are so damn expensive.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎10‎:‎10‎, MajorAidan said:

how is that possible? You are getting ripped as you close in, your not hitting the shot trap from distance in either of those tanks. People have hit the shot trap maybe 5 times in all the games I played in T32.

On 10/26/2015, 8:58:56, lt_lolcat said:

-snip-

The 29 is basically a non premium pref 8, and the 32 just isn't as good in tier as the 29 imo. Couple that with the fact that the 32 sees tier X, and that makes it even worse. Its still a good tank, but more of a support tank bottom/mid tier than a true heavy. You aren't going to have a good match going head on against E-75 or even a IS-3 with a competent driver.

10 hours ago, Smbakeresq said:

how is that possible? You are getting ripped as you close in, your not hitting the shot trap from distance in either of those tanks. People have hit the shot trap maybe 5 times in all the games I played in T32.

Who said anything about at a distance? If I'm at a distance I either shoot the hull or I just don't shoot. I'm talking about at close range when the T32 is hulldown. For example if a T32 is sitting in F9 on Arctic region and I'm below him at G9 in my IS-6.

Just because most people won't abuse it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

T32 is a faster and smaller version of T29. Armour is also better.

Big upgrade if you can afford some goldspam. I do :) 

13 hours ago, Lightnin45 said:

The 29 is basically a non premium pref 8, and the 32 just isn't as good in tier as the 29 imo. Couple that with the fact that the 32 sees tier X, and that makes it even worse. Its still a good tank, but more of a support tank bottom/mid tier than a true heavy. You aren't going to have a good match going head on against E-75 or even a IS-3 with a competent driver.

It's not as good in tier as T29, but what is?  T32 is a fine tank, it just has a high skill floor.  The buffs really helped it out.  Of course they buffed the IS3 also to increase the bullshitium armor to keep it best in tier, but that's how it goes.

T32 is fine, if it had 215 ap/ 255 apcr shell it would be great.  They were considering buffing the pen some.

I can probably count on both hands how many times I've been wrecked because someone abused my mantlet shot trap. If you really want to know a weakspot, the ring around the gun on the mantlet is only 212mm~ thick. I've been penned there twice in the 272 games I've played in this thing, both were lucky pubbie rng shots, not aimed, intentionally aimed.

Also, the penetration on the gun isn't the problem. It's the goddamn bloom and gun handling. If the T32 got an accuracy buff I would be very happy. Like seriously. Why the hell is this gun more inaccurate than the IS-3? Really?

The gun is workable in its current state, but it would be a lot less infuriating with better accuracy.

TL DR; T32 hulldown is still pretty much invincible because you'll rarely encounter someone who will stay and try to engage a hulldown T32 (aka, don't, just fuck off somewhere else). Gun pen is fine, needs to be more accurate.

Source: Have 3 marks.

On 05/11/2015, 14:34:48, Smbakeresq said:

It's not as good in tier as T29, but what is?  T32 is a fine tank, it just has a high skill floor.  The buffs really helped it out.  Of course they buffed the IS3 also to increase the bullshitium armor to keep it best in tier, but that's how it goes.

T32 is fine, if it had 215 ap/ 255 apcr shell it would be great.  They were considering buffing the pen some.

Would you recommend it for a relatively new player like me after the T29, or should I try to gain more experience elsewhere before progressing?

If yes, is a vanilla 100%ish crew enough, or are crew skills absolutely needed from the outset? Can it be workable with a Rammer/Vstab/CoilSprings combo until the tracks are researched?

I advise not moving up to the T32 unless you have enough free xp to immediately unlock the tracks and top turret.  The first turret is really weak and you will get shot to pieces. Also, the T29 is a keeper.

3 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

I advise not moving up to the T32 unless you have enough free xp to immediately unlock the tracks and top turret.  The first turret is really weak and you will get shot to pieces. Also, the T29 is a keeper.

Coil Springs should IIRC allow me to mount the top turret w/out the suspension, but was wondering if this is workable, since it means I can't mount Optics or Vents.

51 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Would you recommend it for a relatively new player like me after the T29, or should I try to gain more experience elsewhere before progressing?

If yes, is a vanilla 100%ish crew enough, or are crew skills absolutely needed from the outset? Can it be workable with a Rammer/Vstab/CoilSprings combo until the tracks are researched?

It is totally viable, u wont miss much with not being able to mount vents and grinding up the first perk/skill doesn't take that much xp either.

you guys have clearly not used this tank with stock tracks recently.

the tank is anchored to the ground with the stock tracks.  the terrain resistance is so bad, that you can struggle to peak out to take a shot before the tank you are peaking on has reloaded.  

T32 already has mobility problems.  Its acceptable, but nothing special.  if you don't use the elite tracks, it becomes horrible.  I did not manage to grind them out and was forced to use free XP on them.  

100% agreement with needing the free xp the turret.

10 minutes ago, weesh said:

the tank is anchored to the ground with the stock tracks.  the terrain resistance is so bad, that you can struggle to peak out to take a shot before the tank you are peaking on has reloaded.  

T32 already has mobility problems.  Its acceptable, but nothing special.  if you don't use the elite tracks, it becomes horrible.  I did not manage to grind them out and was forced to use free XP on them.  

Thanks :) Was looking to freeXP the turret anyways, but seems like I'll have to find that additional 14k track XP too...

22 minutes ago, weesh said:

When I played the 32 in the beginning of this year it felt rather quick, stock and even more upgraded a bit ofc.
But then again I don't expect anything from heavy tanks so everything faster than my grannies in their graves is acceptable. 

9 minutes ago, Sergeant_Fgt said:

When I played the 32 in the beginning of this year it felt rather quick, stock and even more upgraded a bit ofc.
But then again I don't expect anything from heavy tanks so everything faster than my grannies in their graves is acceptable. 

"grannies in graves" is about the hill climb speed over medium terrain (1.73 passability).  Basically, you are moving through swampy grounds AT ALL TIMES.  
If you are happy with that, more power to you, but I found it endlessly frustrating.  

14 minutes ago, weesh said:

"grannies in graves" is about the hill climb speed over medium terrain (1.73 passability).  Basically, you are moving through swampy grounds AT ALL TIMES.  
If you are happy with that, more power to you, but I found it endlessly frustrating.  

Yep, but many stock grinds are.
Just checked, tracks are 14,5k xp, thats like 3 'or 5 doubles worst case. I grind a lot of tanks without wasting xp on tracks, or turrets/engines (and even guns) I don't need to proceed unless the grind takes forever or the tonk isn't even playable via doubles.