Psycodiver

Colorado

Just posting a follow up; I have been able to get the guns to perform better in the last week. The only thing I'm doing differently now is I'm tending to hold my shots a little longer against maneuvering targets so that it's catching them at the very end of the turn instead of mid-turn. Seems to work best with these guns.(Less overpens and straddling the target.) Thanks everyone for your feedback.

1 hour ago, Rodrigopine said:

Just posting a follow up; I have been able to get the guns to perform better in the last week. The only thing I'm doing differently now is I'm tending to hold my shots a little longer against maneuvering targets so that it's catching them at the very end of the turn instead of mid-turn. Seems to work best with these guns.(Less overpens and straddling the target.) Thanks everyone for your feedback.

It's a good practice to pick up because it helps allot in later tiers also. It also makes you a better player on lower tier matches also

4 hours ago, Rodrigopine said:

It is also great for killing DD's with HE. If they are maneuvering for a shot, wait for the end of a turn, since they have bled a lot of speed, which makes them easier to get multiple hits on.

I finally moved my nm captain to the Colo. Liking it so far : you sometimes are surprised to find out you're over 100000 damage already despite not having had devastating salvoes. Can't wait to get the C hull, carriers are being mean to me and I want to get back at them. 

To be fair I would have free XP'ed past the A hull - the reputation taken into consideration. Instead I only free XP'ed the engine, so this has the makings of becoming a decent grind. Currently I'm really surprised. The amount of forum posts suggesting that the fully upgraded ship would be abysmal had me considering to free XP past it. Now I have the feeling that I'm embarking on an OKish grind.

Hybris is building.

A lot of the Colorado's rep comes from he old grind. Plus it is a little bit of an adjustment getting used to the gun placement vs. the New Mexico because the shells do disperse a lot differently. On paper the Colorado has better sigma and is probably more accurate.

A lot of the Colorado's rep comes from he old grind. Plus it is a little bit of an adjustment getting used to the gun placement vs. the New Mexico because the shells do disperse a lot differently. On paper the Colorado has better sigma and is probably more accurate.

I have acquired the mighty Lolorado. 

Coming from the New Mexico, I can't imagine it being any better. That thing was fucking so brilliant, I might get an Arizona! ... but I have a Warspite and no money so maybe best not to.

I LOVE the Warspite, but it's a different play style to the Arizona. 

Arizonas is more of a standoff long / medium range BB, whereas I play the Warspite as an in your face brawler.

I have the Arizona - Haven't played the Mutsu and only did a few games in the Warspite. I find the Arizona to be a very enjoyable ship. To be honest the only minor downsides are the speed (US BB players won't mind that), AA and that it's a BB which hurts my stats even though I average 79k damage in it and have a decent amount of kills and win rate in it too.

I didn't find the New Mex AA that great. I'd shoot down the occasional plane but had no real ability to deter a strike or cripple one. I was expecting more, so if the Arizona is less efficient I doubt it'll be overly noticeable. Warspite feels more flexible though. 

Now the Lolorado though, now begins the stock grind :|

The New Mexico's AA is great for self protection if invested in, BUT to run the needed AA mod you have to give up the range mod, which is very needed with it in my opinion.Now the Colorado doesn't suffer this problem fully upgraded, its range is pretty workable so I run the AA mod on mine. Everyonce in a while I run into a CV that doesn't know any better and I wipe out their squads, had one recently where I wiped out 2 out of 3 torp squads and he turned the third around lol

20 hours ago, Pocktio said:

I didn't find the New Mex AA that great. I'd shoot down the occasional plane but had no real ability to deter a strike or cripple one. I was expecting more, so if the Arizona is less efficient I doubt it'll be overly noticeable. Warspite feels more flexible though. 

Now the Lolorado though, now begins the stock grind :|

I almost think that I enjoyed the Colorado more then the NM, which is saying quiet a bit. Ground it from stock too (using XP camo's and flags), which wasn't bad at all, as they at that point had removed the old B-hull.

@Psycodiver I ran the AA range thing too, but I never had those results - I did shoot down stuff, don't get me wrong - but the AA felt decent, not good like on some ships. That CV player must have made an error or two along the way.

5 hours ago, Birkovic said:

@Psycodiver I ran the AA range thing too, but I never had those results - I did shoot down stuff, don't get me wrong - but the AA felt decent, not good like on some ships. That CV player must have made an error or two along the way.

It doesn't come up often but when it does it feels good. I think the last time it was a stock IJN CV, I had a good one last year when a T5 and T6 CV tried to gang up on me, I got my current best of 38 planes that game

I tried a semi secondary build which wasn't to bad, set allot of fires mostly. Lately though I'm seeing allot of lower tier CVs on matches though