WarshipsToday

Warships Today Rating - a WoWS rating, and warships.today

29 minutes ago, flamingpanda said:

My original question was if it was possible to use some part of the link to feed to WG API to retrieve the stats.  Looking at the API, there's an access_token (optional) parameter.  Do you guys use that? Maybe the link has the access token that you can set as the parameter.

I don't use it personally, but the facility is there. Using the access token is straightforward (it's just an extra parameter on the API calls), but acquiring it is a pain in the ass.

On 1/28/2016 at 5:41 PM, Jarkorsis said:

This ia curiosity question. Is there a way to include a plus minus rating in WOWS. What I mean by this, each game has a score. It would be interesting and maybe valuable to be able to see how many points on average your team had v the red team while you were alive in game. 

So for instance, if I die at the 10 minute mark and the score just after my death is 600 to 200, then I would be +400 for that game. If the game ends and I am not sunk, just use the score at game end. That would take care of the strategic things like resetting caps, and doing applying pressure at significant locations, etc.

They use this in Hockey to rate how good a player is all around. Might work for WOWS.

Another possible addition is medals. Certain medals mean you did something right during a battle. Maybe add some rating for Confederate, and some other metals. This might help with some of the missing API data.

We unfortunately don't get individual games from Wargaming.

9 hours ago, flamingpanda said:

I think it would be nice if you can keep track of your own stats (what the website lacks) without revealing your stats to the rest of the world.

We're thinking of implementing this eventually, but are solving other challenges first. I am not fully sold it's a good idea, and may possible have other ideas how to solve the "XVM problem".

Sorry for my lame request, but are you guys considering making your own version of a forum signature?  I like your rating system so far, especially the continuous updates provided, I would like to give credit where it is due to help spread you site around.

On 2/9/2016 at 3:06 AM, BiggieD61 said:

Sorry for my lame request, but are you guys considering making your own version of a forum signature?  I like your rating system so far, especially the continuous updates provided, I would like to give credit where it is due to help spread you site around.

It's a very valid request.

We have something cool planned, but other higher priority improvements are taking up all our time.

Looking forward to seeing you take your analysis to the next level, Warship stats is good at collecting and comparing data, but not as keen to find meaning in it apparently.

Not to be a big pest, but what can we look forward to from your site in the future?

On 3/25/2016 at 9:28 PM, BiggieD61 said:

Not to be a big pest, but what can we look forward to from your site in the future?

It's a fair question.

We're actually really busy on the site, but a lot of it is stability / scalability improvements on the back-end and a rewrite of the front-end to another technology (to make it easier to add features) that isn't readily visible (and much isn't launched yet). Those two things come first (and are taking way longer than we first anticipated).

After that we have quite a few features planned, but we haven't decided which ones come first.

Would you consider adding a leaderboard snapshot onto personal pages?  Instead of having to click each of my ships individually and look to see if I'm on the list, it would be cool if my page showed me which ships I was currently "on the list" for and at what rank.  I'd also suggest changing the default from 100 games played to something lower, like 50.  Most people aren't going to play 100 games in a ship unless it's high-tier or is a keeper ship.  Warshipstats uses 25, but that's probably a bit too low except for tier 5 and under.

On 4/4/2016 at 7:44 AM, Mesrith said:

Would you consider adding a leaderboard snapshot onto personal pages?  Instead of having to click each of my ships individually and look to see if I'm on the list, it would be cool if my page showed me which ships I was currently "on the list" for and at what rank.  I'd also suggest changing the default from 100 games played to something lower, like 50.  Most people aren't going to play 100 games in a ship unless it's high-tier or is a keeper ship.  Warshipstats uses 25, but that's probably a bit too low except for tier 5 and under.

That's a great suggestion and on top of our ideas list. We're still stuck actively working on other stuff we have to finish :(.

We've been very busy rewriting the front-end to make it more responsive, user friendly and to allow adding various new features we have planned. You can log-in using Wargaming to access your profile faster. Some more columns, better sorting options, other smaller improvements.

You can find the test version at http://test.warships.today/.

It should have feature parity with the current production version - so you can play "find N differences" between both if you want :).

If you notice anything missing or wrong, please let us know.

If we don't hear negative feedback about it we will switch this to be the main version and discontinue the current one.

Only something minor I noticed: you seem to be rounding winrates to whole percentages, but incorrectly so. E.g. you round 52.8% to 52%.

9 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

Only something minor I noticed: you seem to be rounding winrates to whole percentages, but incorrectly so. E.g. you round 52.8% to 52%.

Thanks, it's not that minor for a stats site :). Will be fixed ASAP.

I like the fact that I can login to the updated site.

Selecting "profile" from, my personal tab allows me to see my stats profile, which I like.  I was then able to save that link as a link in firefox, so I could open up directly to that when I clicked that bookmark.  Thank You.

All of the functionality and search functions of the original hold true, and are fun to look at from time to time, but most of us are focused on our own performance, so being able to see a snapshot immediately from a bookmark is perfection to me.

I will sound like a nag here, but don't be cross with me - you guys still need to make some kind of stat signature for forums as a part of your site.  It is the BEST free advertising you can get, and no matter how you choose to do it, it will be more representative of a players skill then what we are currently using from Warship stats. 

FFS, I have a measly 1182 battles, and that comes up as DARK PURPLE on my current stat signature.  It's embarrassing to me, because I am a casual player, NOTHING should be purple in my sig - NOTHING! lol.

You guys are really bright to make that website ( Richard Nixon bright! ), and I really want it to become the default "go to" site for people interested in measuring their performance in World of Warships.  For your own sakes ( ad revenue ) please make a sig so you guys can profit from your efforts.  I am a dirty Capitalist, and I love to see other people get paid for their efforts - so do what it takes - and lets get you guys paid!

8 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

you guys still need to make some kind of stat signature for forums as a part of your site.  It is the BEST free advertising you can get, and no matter how you choose to do it, it will be more representative of a players skill then what we are currently using from Warship stats. 

I have to agree.  Warshipstats.com seems to have gone quiet, and I don't know if the site is still developing or not.  Warships Today is probably the future of WoWS stats sites, but stat signatures would cement it.

20 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

This should be fixed now.

5 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

I will sound like a nag here, but don't be cross with me - you guys still need to make some kind of stat signature for forums as a part of your site.  It is the BEST free advertising you can get, and no matter how you choose to do it, it will be more representative of a players skill then what we are currently using from Warship stats. 

FFS, I have a measly 1182 battles, and that comes up as DARK PURPLE on my current stat signature.  It's embarrassing to me, because I am a casual player, NOTHING should be purple in my sig - NOTHING! lol.

You guys are really bright to make that website ( Richard Nixon bright! ), and I really want it to become the default "go to" site for people interested in measuring their performance in World of Warships.  For your own sakes ( ad revenue ) please make a sig so you guys can profit from your efforts.  I am a dirty Capitalist, and I love to see other people get paid for their efforts - so do what it takes - and lets get you guys paid!

Polite nagging is good, just what we need. It motivates us, and helps us work on the features that the community wants most instead of what we think are the most needed (as we can be wrong sometimes).

We have 70 open tickets now in our internal tasks tracking database so picking which ones to work on next really could use some outside input :).

Signature priority has been boosted.

Still, next priority is to get the new front-end version rolled out so we can eliminate all the old code from the code base. This will really allow us to add more features faster.

5 hours ago, Mesrith said:

I have to agree.  Warshipstats.com seems to have gone quiet, and I don't know if the site is still developing or not.  Warships Today is probably the future of WoWS stats sites, but stat signatures would cement it.

To be fair to them, it takes a ton of effort to develop & run such a site. The complexity and amount of data handled at Warships.Today is higher than at many of my employer's (who were "proper IT businesses"), but on a shoe-string budget (so you have to think hard about what features you can add and how so that you don't suddenly need 5x more servers).

On 4/17/2016 at 8:40 PM, Mesrith said:

I agree. I just got back into the game a couple of weeks ago and have been using this site to track my progress. I find it better than warshipstats.com.

I would love to have a stat signature from this website!

Best thing you can do is roll your latest update back and give us back the table breakdown of WTR by ship type and days instead of all the graphs imho. 

Before this update I could see at a glance how I was doing in each ship class over time with the WTR dropdown menu.  Now I need to shift to multiple screens to get the same info so I prefer the old update as it was easier to see everything on one screen.

1 hour ago, StephenHopkins said:

Best thing you can do is roll your latest update back and give us back the table breakdown of WTR by ship type and days instead of all the graphs imho. 

Before this update I could see at a glance how I was doing in each ship class over time with the WTR dropdown menu.  Now I need to shift to multiple screens to get the same info so I prefer the old update as it was easier to see everything on one screen.

Thanks for the feedback.

I hear you. We didn't realise so many were using the "show all ship classes at once" feature, hence we replaced it with the dropdown on top left (which kind of does the same and more, except at the cost of more clicks).

We will add it back ASAP.

That on it's own is not a reason to roll back the update :). 

The graphs are hide-able BTW. You hide them once and they stay hidden on that computer/browser.

Funny thing, I just saw the graphs for the first time now, and they are not quite right, a 4th or 5th level equation that doubles back on itself, not a near linear one. :)

All the data points on my graph have the same date, but different battle and damage numbers.  Running firefox as my browser, and happy to provide a screenshot if you can't replicate it.

2 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Funny thing, I just saw the graphs for the first time now, and they are not quite right, a 4th or 5th level equation that doubles back on itself, not a near linear one. :)

All the data points on my graph have the same date, but different battle and damage numbers.  Running firefox as my browser, and happy to provide a screenshot if you can't replicate it.

Yes, progress charts are broken. Will be disabled, fixed, then re-enabled.

3 hours ago, WarshipsToday said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I hear you. We didn't realise so many were using the "show all ship classes at once" feature, hence we replaced it with the dropdown on top left (which kind of does the same and more, except at the cost of more clicks).

We will add it back ASAP.

Thanks man!  The graphs are no big deal either way but WTR is a big strong point for your site and being able to see the individual ship WTR on the same screen as the breakdown by class at the same time has been a huge plus and very strong feature for your site in my book :)

12 hours ago, StephenHopkins said:

Thanks man!  The graphs are no big deal either way but WTR is a big strong point for your site and being able to see the individual ship WTR on the same screen as the breakdown by class at the same time has been a huge plus and very strong feature for your site in my book :)

We've returned the ability to "expand" the WTR column by ship classes (while keeping the idea to filter the whole stats by ship class).

Is this OK now? Or still needs some improvements compared to what it was before? :)