Jump to content
WarshipsToday

Warships Today Rating - a WoWS rating, and warships.today

Recommended Posts

I think my 77-day report illustrates why I'm still not fully sold on how WTR is treating tier 10 ships.  Since I quit grinding new lines, my win rate has gone up a solid 1%, while my WTR continues to drop.

jgr3tk.jpg

I'm also not quite sure how I feel about carrier scoring, but that may be somewhat tied into WG's screwed up carrier rewarding to begin with.

23j69oi.jpg

Anyway, it's a bit jarring to be climbing in win rate but dropping in WTR.  This will probably continue for the foreseeable future since I'm mostly playing tier 10s and casually leveling CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever it was appears to have reverted anyway, I'm back to my previous score +/- a few points.

I'm sure you guys have a lot on your plate, but with Warshipstats.com "down for maintenance", their signatures have stopped updating in the meantime.  We haven't had any communication from their team in quite awhile, so it's unknown if this is temporary or not.  If you were planning on adding signature images as a feature, now would be an exceptionally good time.

I personally think the old WoTLabs format would be a pretty good one, with "solo" being a good addition for Ships, while the clan tag could be omitted for now.

signature.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mesrith said:

Whatever it was appears to have reverted anyway, I'm back to my previous score +/- a few points.

I'm sure you guys have a lot on your plate, but with Warshipstats.com "down for maintenance", their signatures have stopped updating in the meantime.  We haven't had any communication from their team in quite awhile, so it's unknown if this is temporary or not.  If you were planning on adding signature images as a feature, now would be an exceptionally good time.

I personally think the old WoTLabs format would be a pretty good one, with "solo" being a good addition for Ships, while the clan tag could be omitted for now.

signature.png

I hear you, thanks for letting me know. We had actually been trying to add progress graphs and not working on signatures. But we will reevaluate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent is 1000 battles in WoT, but the battles are much shorter. So maybe something like 500 would be good?

And: my stats are also back to normal. Got the 35 points back :)

Once again: thanks for all the effort, I visit warships.today every day. It is really good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

Recent is 1000 battles in WoT, but the battles are much shorter. So maybe something like 500 would be good?

And: my stats are also back to normal. Got the 35 points back :)

Once again: thanks for all the effort, I visit warships.today every day. It is really good.

Thank you, understood about the recent battles.

I'm glad you like warships.today :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To support what Private Bert is saying, certainly 500 battles is the max for recent stats, you could even go lower to 300, the amount of games played in a session is at least half of what is achievable in a similar time period of WoT.  For me, it's more like 1/3, but I usually watch the whole battle til it's end, even if I have died before the 10 minute mark.

Just to remind you - SIGNATURES - lol.

Don't mind me, you guys are doing a good job, keep steady and continue the steady progress you have earned so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the community would probably want a "solo WR", "solo WTR", and "solo games played" overall on there somewhere.  Perhaps expand it to "All/30/7/Yesterday/Today/Solo" or otherwise remove either Yesterday or Today to squeeze it in.  Adding an "average tier" row below WTR would also be on my wishlist.  It looks good for a first draft though, glad to see you're working on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you be able to change the website leaderboards to display a larger number (50 or 100 players) instead of just the top 20?  I want to plot out some charts showing the relationship between win rate and a few other stats, such as plane kills vs damage, but people aren't fond of having only 20 data points.  Here's an example:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/79434-strike-cv-hate/page__pid__1946979#entry1946979

Having at least a top 50 on the ship leaderboards would be nice, and unless I'm mistaken, should be a relatively easy change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mesrith said:

I want to plot out some charts showing the relationship between win rate and a few other stats, such as plane kills vs damage, but people aren't fond of having only 20 data points.

I can get you ~1m data points if you like.

There are a few issues with winrate vs stat plots:

  1. Players don't play enough battles in the same ship so per-ship winrate is very noisy.
  2. The switch to domination-type caps had a drastic effect so you need to restrict to later data.
  3. Current MM preferentially matches identical ships against each other, which has a strong effect on the winrate relationship. It's much stronger in WoWS than in WoT because there are fewer different ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of requests for signatures so we prioritized them before other tasks. They are available from player profile page - for now just in "light" and "dark" varieties without further customization possibilities. Please let us know what you think and we can then decide where to take this further.

P.S. Signatures are in "beta" - we didn't have time to do proper load tests so if we realize they kill the server we will take them off-line until we fix whatever the issue is.

@Mesrith, we will try to have 50 tanks there and see if it works.

@BiggieD61, thanks, good to hear you like it :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks better now, was somehow cut off on the Macbook. The WTR line was missing. On the PC it looks fine. Gonna check again on the Mac.

Btw: thank you, really appreciate the signature.

 

edit: now it is completely visible on the Mac too. Strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WarshipsToday said:

No, it not really cut off. We'll think how to improve it. 

My HMTL skills have atrophied, but here's my 30-minute Paint.net workup.

j8pah4.jpg

I think average tier and solo stats are something the community would care about, although clan tag and clan icon could probably wait if needed.  Stats-sig.EU is linking to the users World of Tanks clan if they have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mesrith said:

My HMTL skills have atrophied, but here's my 30-minute Paint.net workup.

j8pah4.jpg

I think average tier and solo stats are something the community would care about, although clan tag and clan icon could probably wait if needed.  Stats-sig.EU is linking to the users World of Tanks clan if they have one.

yeah, that looks nice.  my only real want is for there to be a way to give the website my private link so that I could keep my profile as "link only" to block any XVM type mod, but have the site track my stats and update the sig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...