snowdude21325

Music Headset Help

My girlfriend is looking to buy a headset with a 3.5mm input. She just needs it to listen to music so no mic is needed. The price range is $60-80 US, this is flexible but she doesn't want to go to far. I've looked at the audio-technica m30x and m40x, but I'm unsure about the M30x and the M40x are a little out of the price range. She wants a closed ear design because she will use them in a lot of public environments. She isn't looking for heavy base, just nice even sounds. I've spent hours researching, but I still haven't found anything else. I've was wondering what you guys could give me for info to help her find a headset. 

as an AKG lover i`d go with:

akg 240mk2 - but these are semi open.

or

Shure SRH 440

+ most of these are closed + worth trying @ local shop (yeah she actually should listen to each pair before making her mind but :serb: )

if she wants to be cost effective i`d stick with superluxes/takstars/jts/maxells/other rebrands  aka designs copied by china :serb:

· Fostex T7 ~CAL brother

· Fostex TH-7B ~CAL brother

· Ultrasone HFI 450

· Audio-Technica ATH-T500

· CAL!  price quality not that good as 4y ago

· JTS HP525 - rebrand /pricequality veri gud

· Superlux HD661 price/quality

· Fischer Audio FA-004 ~ HM3

Takstar PRO80 v2

Superlux hd660 - price/quality

brainwavz hm3 rebrands

Edited by aaveq

Was doing some more looking and I found the Sennheiser HD 439, they seem rated pretty high and fit all aspects she is looking for. Could anyone comment on them? How's the build quality? Sound? etc. 

Grado SR60e series.  My friends video production company uses them on their workstations.  Decent price and great quality and hand made in the US...

She decided on Skullcandy Crushers. I believe she mainly made that decision due to looks, as most headsets are not the most aesthetically pleasing. I was hoping she would get the Sennheiser HD 439s, because there was almost nothing bad about them I could find.