DrJ_Zoidberg

Best T8 stronghold credit earners

Whats your credit grinder of choice for T8 stronks?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. and why?

• T34
    • WZ-111
    • IS5
    • IS6
    • Lowe
    • Spershing
    • KV-5
    • T-34-3
    • JT88
    • FCM
    • CDC
    • Type 59
    • STA-2
    • 59-Patton
    • Panther 8.8
    • Wait for the M4A1 Rev. could be gud
    • Other

Having come into a nice chunk of gold I'm looking to buy THE best T8 stronghold credit earner. Basically I want the tank that would lie at the intersection of a "Credit earning potential x Usefulness" graph. Currently using the T34/FCM which are high on the credit earning side but not the most useful. There probably isn't a perfect answer here just wondering what everyone thinks. At the moment I'm leaning heavily towards the P88 since it has 1500 hp and good enough AP round to out trade IS3s. 

FCM masterrace. CDC is wayyyy better after I've actually played several games. No need to shoot prem, plus it doubles as a good pub tank. Or just go with whatever you want to train crews for. Clan skill>tank comp.

It's hard to beat the IS-5.  It has an excellent standard round, AND fulfills an important roll.  It's too bad it wasn't the reward for the most recent campaign, or it would have been easier to get your hands on.  

Pretty much every other premium gives up a lot of power for it's credit earning.  

If I had to take a second premium tank when I call, I'd prefer to have a CDC since it is pretty flexible or IS-6 since it works in the IS-3 role.  

Personally, I prefer the CDC over the FCM for strongholds, although they're both excellent in that role. But, CDC offers flexibility over the FCM with its speed, acceleration, and negligible armor values for both
Those are probably the best two for tanks nearly everyone can get at this time. If the IS5 was available to all, I would snatch that in a heartbeat over both, as it has better staying power than both and DPM over the IS3. .

I'm gonna go with M4A1. That gun and OK mobility look promising.

Not really fan of 122mm guns with 175 mm pen and other tanks are rare/not worth it or FCM/CDC.

OFC, good players can farm dank credits in any of given tanks so there's that...

3 hours ago, DrJ_Zoidberg said:

Having come into a nice chunk of gold I'm looking to buy THE best T8 stronghold credit earner. Basically I want the tank that would lie at the intersection of a "Credit earning potential x Usefulness" graph. Currently using the T34/FCM which are high on the credit earning side but not the most useful. There probably isn't a perfect answer here just wondering what everyone thinks. At the moment I'm leaning heavily towards the P88 since it has 1500 hp and good enough AP round to out trade IS3s. 

JT88

Just now, DrJ_Zoidberg said:

is that taking into consideration the upcoming buff?  also i can't buy this in game with gold lol

rip u and no. just in general the credit bonus and either afking in base or firing 1 shot per game netted you more than someone doing over 1k damage. It's pretty absurd.

->get su100y

->take it into t8 sh

->infinite moneyz :doge:

on a serious note i`d stick with SISSY D or wait to try out if m4a1 isn`t THAAT shit :doge:

1 hour ago, no_name_cro said:

I'm gonna go with M4A1. That gun and OK mobility look promising.

Not really fan of 122mm guns with 175 mm pen and other tanks are rare/not worth it or FCM/CDC.

OFC, good players can farm dank credits in any of given tanks so there's that...

Mobility is slower than the normal T5 Sherman, and the gun depression is complete ass @ 5 degrees. For such a tall, unarmored tank, that's a death wish. You might as well bring an SU-100Y to a T6 SH for that.

CDC for strongholds. the FCM and the CDC are used for the same thing in strongholds, but the CDC does it better. FCM is a better pub tank because it also does what the CDC does, and does everything else better as well, but for strongholds the CDC and FCM basically both get used in a big medium/light role, which the CDC is better at in the competitive team scenario (where the CDC doesn't need to rely on being able to carry)

FCM is still a better overall tank though, but you already have one. 

IS-5 ist awesome for earning Credits, like a worse IS-3

IS-6 needs to fire quite much APCR since the IS-3 HD model.

FCM and CDC are rarely used since they cant scout and cant take hits.

Panther88 is just a worse CDC/FCM.

I'd just stick to playing IS-3 and your FCM if the FC's is okay with it.

Tier 6 Skirmishes with Type64/Cromwell B earn money faster than Tier8 anyway.

Bought P88 played it in 5 stronks no regerts, 5.7 reload, .32 acc and decent bloom/aimtime with 205pen is plenty to deal with is3s, denk dpm.

7 hours ago, PumpkinSpiceLuna said:

FCM masterrace.Clan skill>tank comp.

^

7 hours ago, X3N4 said:

CDC hands down. Outclasses the FCM in almost every aspect for SHs. The rest doesn't come close.

Except the part where you have to brawl some heavies,FCM still have some uses.
Since no one fires premium shells it bounces shots occasionally.

But yeah,clan like -KOPM runs full FCM&CDC for the insane credit earning,those two would be the kings in t8 SH in the right hands.

CDC for sure, though not a lot beats a Type64 in tier 6 SH.. played well you can earn up to 4 times more in the same time as with a CDC

CDC is mobile, great gun, great view range and an all round flexible tank