zapyoug

M46 patton, whats so good about it?

So, I got ahold of some free xp, bought my m46 and fully upgraded it. First impressions are that its kinda shitty in spite of all the good things Ive heard about it

-no armor at all

-dispersion is good but actually accuracy is really meh

-ap is mediocre but usable, APCR is pretty meh, doesn't work well against German heavies

-speed is once again meh

-gun depression yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, the only really good thing I noticed

I am coming to this after playing prettymuch only the conquer for 3 days thou so there is that.

anything Im missing here?

Just now, Kolni said:

dpm is so fuckin good

snapshots op

apcr gud

depression op

^ this makes the tank completely

if you can't *not* take hits while fighting this isn't the tank for you

it plays more like a snapshotting Leo than anything

so full apcr spam recommended?

also, food, yes or no?

12 minutes ago, Kosizch_Kun said:

It fires HE which is not seen on other tanks. I'm bad at poasting. o7

^ This

You're not using the right setup mate.

k93OozM.png

EDIT: just realized I'm the first non-deep purple recent to post in this thread... -_- I would be ashamed if I did not bailed out on wot. hue.

4 minutes ago, blackzaru said:

^ This

You're not using the right setup mate.

k93OozM.png

EDIT: just realized I'm the first non-deep purple recent to post in this thread... -_- I would be ashamed if I did not bailed out on wot. hue.

I three marked my m46 with that setup.

Did someone say...derp 

dxqEAr2.jpg

The Patton is by far my favorite Tier 9 Medium. However, the 430 II is close behind it. The mobility, gun depression, and gun, are simply an amazing combination on this tank. Sure it lacks in armor but it makes it up in the other places. 

It's comfy.

Armor is irrelevant on the NA server you know this unless if it's something gold resistant like the Conq turret.  Patton has good DPM, acceptable speed, acceptable accuracy (and on the move), and is just AVERAGE.  A good player however can make the tank a fucking nightmare to pubbies as it's weaknesses are pretty obvious, armor only.  

Full APCR spam the shit out of it.  Rammer/Vstab/Vents + Cola.  You will lose a shit ton of money running it.  It's a pimp tank.  But it's so fucking comfy you won't mind.

well solopubbing it today, Ive got  75% win rate and 3k dpg. Doesn't feel like Im doing good in it but it seems to work.

food makes a world of difference it looks like

Be generous with APCR but otherwise, bloom, gun depression, DPM, and 390 alpha on a Tier 9 medium make for a really good platform. It just can't take hits. I never used food but it probably would have helped marginally. 

1 hour ago, zapyoug said:

well solopubbing it today, Ive got  75% win rate and 3k dpg. Doesn't feel like Im doing good in it but it seems to work.

food makes a world of difference it looks like

Congrats on 1k posts :disco:

In comparison to the E-50...

Higher Hp/w ratio, 6degrees more traverse, 10 degrees more turret traverse, higher view range, 200 more DPM, 0.1s better aim time .

Whats worse: hard/med terrain resistance, accuracy, and APCR pen, and shell velocity.

Idek if it actually needs gold spam tbh. I 3 marked it on non prem account and 60k credits in the bank so no food either. But it's good because;

- Fucking killer DPM

- Fucking killer snapshots

- Fucking killer on the move shots

- Fucking killer gun depression

- Pretty good alpha

- Moster view range and good camo

Like it doesn't matter the map, you can get that monster 105 working anytime anywhere.

What I feel about all the american meds that I played is that they really have no big disadvantages, yet they do not have something that is really very good. They are shit at nothing, but good at nothing either. I think that this is the power of the tank: it can perform quite well in all kind of situations, excelling at hill peek a boo due to the gun depression. 

I agree with @Shifty_101st, it is AVERAGE and it's the tank's best characteristic, since it is average at everything