ManiacalRodent

mods showing emblems, crew levels in special battles

Per curiosity, as a learning caller in a clan struggling to carve out a place for itself:

What information does the server send to the clients about the vehicles in the CW battle pop-up (when you're choosing teams).

Does the server return to the client information to tell what the crews/setups/emblems are on the tanks in queue?  And are there mods which will enable someone picking teams to see the quality of the crews, etc?

Thanks,

Rodent

3 hours ago, ManiacalRodent said:

Per curiosity, as a learning caller in a clan struggling to carve out a place for itself:

What information does the server send to the clients about the vehicles in the CW battle pop-up (when you're choosing teams).

Does the server return to the client information to tell what the crews/setups/emblems are on the tanks in queue?  And are there mods which will enable someone picking teams to see the quality of the crews, etc?

Thanks,

Rodent

In short... no.

The only people able to see that information in the garage would be the individual client. Once the game starts that's a different kettle of fish - though you still won't 'know' or be able to see an individuals crew skills - other than looking at games played in the tank... this of course creates an assumption that the same crew has been used for x number of games.

4 hours ago, ManiacalRodent said:

Thanks,

Rodent

AFAIK the look of the tank (ie modules and camo, emblems) loads in only when you spot it. When the tank is in render range you will gather information on his appearance. There is a mod somewhere that gives you info on the MOEs on the tanks. There should be no way to tell for your client what crews the enemies have, ,neither the setups. To be fair that would be borderline cheating as well... Knowing that an enemy tank has no 6th sense gives you a big advantage, since you will never rush shots on him as soon as he is spotted for example.

Stuff you can get from a mod are the following then:
- Elite/non elite tank
- MOEs (just 1-2-3)
- HP
- External appearance
Note that it's all stuff you can tell by looking at the tank yourself ;)

This is all gathered when the tank gets into render range. Think about XVM hitpoints counter: it gives you correct info only if the tanks are in your render range. I guess this is the only way to tell the other stuff as well

EDIT: miread OP's post! I've never seen a garage mod that returns the crew setup of the individual players in the list, I don't think the single clients send this info to the server when choosing a team so it would be impossible to tell

Whether it's random, CW, SH, team battles, ... you can't ever see the equipment setup nor crew skills, nor emblems (unless you have very very good eyes :P ) of an enemy tank.

This is due to the fact that for the server, all these choices are just parameters he uses to calculate the view range, camo factor, reload time, ... you have when you load in a battle.
So for example if you use coated optics on a 400m tank, the server will just give your tank 440m view range effectively.  It doesn't care whether this 10% comes from an equipment or a combination of food/BIA/emblems/...

So there is no way to get that information in a mod (thank god).  Imo there are already too many legal mods that give an extreme unfair advantage (I'm looking at your autoaim mod that let's you lock on if you right click anywhere close to him)

27 minutes ago, KrVa46 said:

Whether it's random, CW, SH, team battles, ... you can't ever see the equipment setup nor crew skills, nor emblems (unless you have very very good eyes :P ) of an enemy tank.

I think (based on the OP's original query) that they are interested in their OWN team setup. Easy enough to see emblems/inscriptions/camo in game for your own team but not in the garage... It looks like they are after a mod to help select between the tanks/players that they have available for organised matches

28 minutes ago, KrVa46 said:

Imo there are already too many legal mods that give an extreme unfair advantage (I'm looking at your autoaim mod that let's you lock on if you right click anywhere close to him)

Bit off topic but you obviously haven't seen Sela's version! You can click virtually anywhere on the screen for that one.. at least mine you have to be within a few visual degrees (same as focal point for your eyes)

2 minutes ago, It's_Matra said:

Bit off topic but you obviously haven't seen Sela's version! You can click virtually anywhere on the screen for that one.. at least mine you have to be within a few visual degrees (same as focal point for your eyes)

LOL, Sela, a true super unicum .... LEL

You could always do what I did with a previous clan... Google sheet with information of what tier X players have and what level of skills their crews are... i.e place a number in the tank that is conditionally formatted with a colour...

1 = Red

2 = Orange

3 = Green

6 = Purple etc.

I'll gladly help where I can to get you started and point you in the right direction if you wish to pursue this. It does require clan members input though and their continuous input to keep it up to date!

Thanks for the offer, Its_Matra.  I have thought of the spreadsheet method, but was hoping there's a mod for it, it would be easier to organize between all 30-40 people with the information in-game.  If you have specific tips/tricks for a spreadsheet I'd love to hear them (spreadsheets generally aren't hard though).

Most of it is really simple, use tabulated sheets for tank types (HT, MT, TD and SPG) and in each sheet have columns for particular tanks that YOU want to know the information for - you don't need to know if they have crews in tanks that you don't want! If you wanted to you could even condense this down to one sheet but that's your call. For now I'll continue as if you are using multiple sheets.

Have two extra tabbed-sheets (if using Google sheets). One for players name and the other for conditional formatting

The players name column in each of the vehicle tabs will look at the first sheet for players name - this means that it's easy to add/remove players as the data is copied from one sheet across four

Conditional formatting sheet contains the conditional formatting outputs (background/text colours etc)

Players can then enter data for:

• Crew skills... 1-12 or whatever
  • Can buy tank
  • Own tank but no crew
  • Tank researched but no money

That kind of thing. Then it's easy to see an overview of information. It obviously has it's pitfalls as it requires people to update but can be useful.... best solution for what you are after at the moment from what I can see... there is nothing that does this for you automatically unless you write your own 'clan tool' from scratch!

Trying to do a spreadsheet is a waste of time and energy.  It will get stale very quickly if not immediately, and the energy spent trying to keep it current is better spent in other areas of clan management.  It's also difficult to build from (you can easily have too much information) - even if it could be automated via a mod you really don't want to be trying to figure that out when selecting a team.

It's better to try to simplify things down to the essence of what you really care about and make sure your players understand.  "Wrong" crew skills or modules are not a per-game issue, that's a player skill issue you should correct outside of battle time.  Camo, for example, should be on any CW tank and you can just take a player aside if you see they aren't running it.  There are only a couple excepted module combinations, so it's reasonable to just tell the players that they should be running one of those and ask you if they have questions (again, not during battle selection time).  Make sure that your players understand the difference between "CW Ready" tanks and the E100 that they just unlocked and bought that doesn't have a the big gun yet.  If your players only ready up tanks that are CW ready and they are comfortable playing, that removes 90% of your team selection issues right at the start.

Crew skills past the first couple make a very minimal difference in game, so just set a minimum.

The only time you might care about a specific crew/module combination is for dedicated scouting roles, and you only need one or two of those per game.  It's not hard to ask players for those two spots, and generally you'll have a good idea of who can play the scout role and has the tank(s) for it.

If you communicate and work from a baseline that a player doesn't have a "CW Ready" tank until it meets those minimums, you just need to track what tanks they have in roles that they can play well.  That doesn't change often and is easy to list, so just note what roles the player can do (TD, arty, scout, heavy, medium) and which CW tanks they have in those roles.

The one gotcha here is that some players just aren't reliable - they either can't set their tank up right or won't bring premium ammo, or whatever.  Those aren't things to figure out during team selection, but just issues that you can observe simply based on conversations and correct in whatever way you want (train the player, boot the player, or accept they'll run sub-optimal setups).