Tupinambis

[M46 KR], It looks like the Super Pershing's replacement has been found

About half an hour has gone by, I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet.

Most of this is C&P'ed from TAP

http://thearmoredpatrol.com/2015/10/29/supertest-m46-patton-kr-tier-8-premium/

M46 Patton KR (Tier 8 Premium)

Stats:

HP: 1450
Engine: 810 hp
Mass: 44 t
Power to weight: 18,41  KM / t
Max speed: 48,2 /  20 km / h
Hull turning speed:  38 °/s
Turret turning speed:  39,6 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 1,247/1,438/2,397
View range: 390 m
Radio range: 776,9 m

Hull armor:101,6 /76,2 /? mm
Turret armor:101,6 /76,2/ 20 mm

Alpha damage: 240
Penetration: 192 mm
Rate Of Fire: 8,233
Damage Per Minute: 1975,9
Reload time: 7,3 s
Accuracy: 0,364
Aiming time: 2,4 s
Elevation/Depression: +20/-10

My general observations; the aim time is unusually poor, BUT it looks like it has the same gun dispersion while moving as the best of the RU hovercraft meds, so that should be total non-issue.... unless I'm just reading it wrong.

Mobility looks poor, but so is it too on the M26 and the Super Pershing.

If anything, it looks like a Pershing that got a DPM and Pen buff. At worst, it just lacks the M26's hyper-powered APCR shells.

usa-a63_m46_patton_1.jpg

m46_12.jpg

m46_22.jpg

m46_tth.jpg

22 minutes ago, breeeze said:

So a Pershing with slightly better pen and better credit making, how special

It is to the Pershing what the Panther 88 is to the Panther II and the T-44-100 is to the T-44.

Basically the same thing only with more profit.

17 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Dat gun handling. It's better than the T-22sr across the board :wao:

Screw the terrain resistance tho. 12.8 effective HP/ton on medium ground.

http://i.imgur.com/naTWvn5.png 

I don't think that's really any worse than the M26 though. While the M26 isn't very mobile, it isn't really a huge problem with the tank either.

3 minutes ago, gingxxx said:

Probably a buff or a replacement for the pershing instead a replacement for the SP.

It would be *really* weird for them to remove the Pershing from the tech tree.

9 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

I don't think that's really any worse than the M26 though. While the M26 isn't very mobile, it isn't really a huge problem with the tank either.

Oh, you're right. 12.8 effective hp/ton vs Pershings 13. Should be fine then. Didnt realize Pershing's hp/ton was so poor.

Looks better than the Pershing to me, aside aim time, more DPM, more gun handling, same armour, similar mobility, better accuracy, so possible reward tank for the new personal missions? 

Also how is it a Patton? is that not a Pershing turret and hull. 

An M47 with the 90mm would make a decent tier 8 premium. 

2 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Looks better than the Pershing to me, aside aim time, more DPM, more gun handling, same armour, similar mobility, better accuracy, so possible reward tank for the new personal missions? 

Also how is it a Patton? is that not a Pershing turret and hull. 

An M47 with the 90mm would make a decent tier 8 premium. 

The M46 was basically just an upgraded M26. Different engine, among other things.

1 minute ago, KenadianCSJ said:

The M46 was basically just an upgraded M26. Different engine, among other things.

Ah ok, thought the Pattons had the newer style turret but maybe I am thinking of the M47. 

I'd certainly take this as a regular tier 8 premium, would be more than a super P and looks better than the T95E2, but still looks better than the actual Pershing to me.

11 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Ah ok, thought the Pattons had the newer style turret but maybe I am thinking of the M47. 

I'd certainly take this as a regular tier 8 premium, would be more than a super P and looks better than the T95E2, but still looks better than the actual Pershing to me.

You're correct. The M47 is where they got the new turret.

Is that .08/.08/.06 dispersion values? That would literally be better than anything in the game.

On second glance, it's just a flat out better Pershing.  I mean to say, this looks really balanced, please give it to me now WG.

This tank would look like a really strong contender to grind SH credits with. Best-in-tier gun handling and nice 90mm hardstats = $$$ rain.

Plus I need a 3rd American medium to 3-mark anyhow. SPershing and Pershing done, must get this now.

11 minutes ago, Flametz said:

This tank would look like a really strong contender to grind SH credits with. Best-in-tier gun handling and nice 90mm hardstats = $$$ rain.

Plus I need a 3rd American medium to 3-mark anyhow. SPershing and Pershing done, must get this now.

I have all the higher tiers MoE'd except the T54E1 because I don't have it yet D: 

Will buy this for sure

I feel interested as well. I really like the gun handling, turret feels adequate. The only "meh" part is the overall hp/t if you include the ground resistance.

I hope this doesn't get in the game as-is, this is stupid. Give Wargaming fifty dollars and they reward you with a tank almost purely better than its tech tree counterpart. Augh.

^ Agree this should be the standard for tier 8 meds, however it's clearly better than the Pershing that's why I'm hoping 2nd/3rd tank for personal missions then it can go out like that. 

Pretty slow( Its actually very similar to the regular pershing with an effective hp/ton 12.8 of on medium terrain compared to the regular pershings 13.2 on medium terrain. So slightly slower than the super pershing), but having 192 pen instead of a paltry 172 or 180 means you wont need to spam apcr. Im also betting the gun handling will be decent. I think Il definitely get this once its in store for gold.

Will be added to the list with the vk1001, vk 4503, panzer 58 and m4 rev