Never

The Gaming section is back

Hello!

As I've recently announced on GameLabs, it will be closing soon. Reasons are listed in that thread.

For this reason, the Gaming section here is back, and it's here to stay.
Not only that, I want to make it better. We'd love to hear suggestions on how we can improve this section so it can provide a better platform for gaming discussion!

Cheers!

I'm glad that you've brought back the Gaming section because this is a bigger community here and IT WILL be visited way more.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

I think making this site the source of all tankgames, like for WoT when it comes to forums is the best way to go really.

It'll be a bigger site, a bigger community and a fun place to be. 

go wotlabs

This seems like a good suggestion. Having subforums for WT/AW will probably help the overall community grow. While gamelabs was nice in principal, given WOT brought the vast majority of the people here together, trying to get them to visit an entirely different site for other games, where the numbers are likely to be much smaller, isn't really the most efficient. I think the gaming section here will remain healthy, it allows Tankers to find other games that they like and connect over those other games in smaller numbers, while still coming together for the main games (tanks) that brought them here in the first place.

Thank God... that place was like a little concentration camp, but I didn't want to say anything cause atleast at first it didn't seem like you wanted to hear it. 

Yay! @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It was really quite sad to see a place with a lot of potential be quite dead just because it is a different site (people are super lazy, including myself).

:woona: 

edit: Can it get it's own subforum like PP interaction? I feel like a small section under Shenanigans is really not worthy of every other game title out there. And maybe get like the top 5 most or so most popular games (AW, CSGO, etc) to have their own subforums with direct links from the main front page?

Too bad Gamelabs didn't work out but it's one of those "better in principle but worse in practice" things webmasters are often guilty of. #1 user statistic EU/NA: People are lazy and would rather stick to their popular site full of friends and discuss everything from the intended subject to the secret Illuminati lizardmen conspiracy than go to the cool lizardmen conspiracy website dedicated to it. No matter how many Angelfire gifs you throw at them :doge:

I'd suggest giving it its own section, rather than keeping it a subsection.  That could further be divided if certain games justified their own branch.

It's like i said before you went and made gamelabs, expand and adapt wotlabs to support more games, like was done in GL with the new sections and subsections and their moderator for popular games, but without splitting the community apart.

You should port over the AW section for instance, if possible.

7 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I too am guilty of the "Oh gosh I want to talk about this game!", "Oh, wait, I'd have to do it on gamelabs. Nevermind..." thought process :$

I tried to go a few times.  But my posts/threads never got many responses.  

On 11/2/2015, 1:37:26, sundanceHelix said:

Can haz boardgames subforum?

Board game mega-thread...