Canadian_Reaper

Panther M10 /PzB2 740(f) package

So WG has these two packaged up for $34.99, just curious as if you expert types think they're worth it, I get the M10 is situational (iffy pen , kinda big) but the B2 stuff I read seems to rave about it- but it was from a year and a half ago, don't know if anything has changed recently to make the B2 better or worse.

As always , welcome any input..

I picked it up as I wanted the M10 for the pref matchmaking as a crew trainer. I didn't mind the gun at tier 6 on the VK 30.02M so I expect it will feel fine with similar matchmaking.

The B2 is hilarious if you don't mind playing low tiers, still have to throw a lot of prem around (and cry a little bit when the other team has Matildas). Problem is that it's low tier, and I didn't find that fun. I only put 15ish battles into it since I got it a while back.

The Panther/M10 is ok if you're willing to shoot lots of gold (which defeats the purpose of getting it if credits is your main interest), I like mine but from an objective standpoint it isn't very good, if you want nothing more than a crew trainer, go right ahead, it's certainly fine at that.

last I played the Pz. B2 was an absurdly strong seal clubber, as long as you're shooting full gold (which is fine because even the gold rounds are dirt cheap), but unless you love seal clubbing you probably won't end up playing it much.

B2 is an awesome unwind tank from a frustrating night of fail teams. Just shoot shoot shoot with that peashooter gun :).

The Panther/M10 is garbage and the B2 boring and unfair. I'd think that your money would be better spent elsewhere. 

16 minutes ago, Kilpanic said:

The Panther/M10 is garbage and the B2 boring and unfair. I'd think that your money would be better spent elsewhere. 

Have you ever even played the Panther/M10?

It's one of the most fun fucking tanks I've ever played.

1 hour ago, Kilpanic said:

Yes. 

Fun tank with apcr spam.

I have an Panther/M10, and it's a suprisingly ok tank to play. It's esentially a semi stock Panther, but with a better turret with no cupola weak spot.

It has the same health as a fully upgraded Panther (1500) and it's gun is a little slower to fire. It's a fantastic crew trainer if you are going up the E-50M line as its crew matches all the way from the tier 4. It's view range is a little lower (a downside of having a turret with no cupola) but with a good crew and optics it can reach 420m+ easy.

It's gun is not too shabby. Yes, you will need APCR but when this tank sees nothing higher than tier 8, the gun becomes very competitive, rather than just average. Gun control is a little slow, and without the option of mounting a vert, food crew skills are essential.

While the normal Panthers stock turret is a shot trap heaven, it's not the case with the Panther/M10. In fact, you can get very suprising bounces when you hull down, as unless you have the raw pen to go through the mantlet, it essentially has no weak spots.

It's mobility is a little sluggish, but it does get to its top speed quite quickly, but don't expect to be circling or maneuvering much, but you couldn't do that in the normal Panther, so it's no big concern.

Lastly, on a purely cosmetic side, it can only use American empblems and camo (due to it being a mock up of a M10 TD) It doesn't bother me much, but I know that some people hate the fact it's Olive drab green instead of the usual gray of German tanks.

My issue with the bundle is, why would I want to pay for a crew that is just for a premium tank?  If you are giving me a free 100% crew, let me train them for whatever I want.  I consider the crew useless and not worth anything because I have crews for German mediums and heavies already.

I've heard the Panther M/10 is good when platooned with a pair of E25s.

1 hour ago, hall0 said:

I know people who payed 100€ for one of WGs cash grab gold packages to get the PzB2. To have a tank which is always Toptier is kind of nice to have

*tier 10s*

4 hours ago, hall0 said:

I know people who payed 100€ for one of WGs cash grab gold packages to get the PzB2. To have a tank which is always Toptier is kind of nice to have

I am a shitter and solopub 61% in the Val II. Pz B2 is super duper overkill. 

Then again, without a package. I would buy it. ._.

won the B2 earlier this year...threw a spall liner in it and sling gold like there is no bank account for many lulz...especially when you come across another on the opposing team and you jus tfire hate at each other :)

Great seal clubber and unwinding tank but it doesn't get played much other than trying to reverse tilt.

I picked up the package just because I prefer to be a special tanks collector, I don't really intend on playing the special tanks that I purchase though due to most of the reasons why they were removed from the gift shop in the first place was due to inbalance that the game developers don't have plans to fix. That doesn't mean that inbalanced tanks are all bad, they're either too overpowered for their tier or too underpowered for their tier, just to clarify!

I personally like the Pz. B2, it's a fun little tank that only sees Tier 4s and doesn't suffer from poor AP penetration, the only real downsize is the top speed, everything else is stellar. 

Edited by Toasty_Kun