Sign in to follow this  
BGrey

Farragut

Seeing the coming US DD buffs I decided to continue on this line again, it seems Farraguts stock torpedoes are actually getting a bit worse so I decided to work on upgrading it now. This left me with a few questions.

Captain skills - Currently I have situational awareness, basic firing training, torpedo armament expertise and superintendent. I just got the points to pick up a level four skill and am a bit stumped, for the first time there are multiple skills that could be very useful. So, demolition expert, advance firing training, or last stand? While this is for the Farragut I am likely to use this same crew progressing on the line.

Equipment Slots - I took main battery mod 1 in the first slot (though I was still detonated in both of the two matches I played so far) and steering gears mod 1 in the third slot. What I couldn't decide was the second and fourth slots, are they even worth equipping something for?

Hull choice - Is the distinction between the B and C hulls availability of engine boost and AA barrage? I had tried using the Nicholas with the AA ability and AA range upgraded but it was generally lackluster though in some cases I was able to shoot down a decent number of planes and help protect exposed allies. I am just not sure what to think about this, neither choice seems to stand out.

I'm currently running with the stock torpedoes and the C hull. I see the AA ability as being less about shooting down plans, and more simply for disrupting attacks – either against you or others. Plus, frankly, I've never really enjoyed the engine boost skill.

I use AFT as my 4 pointer, and enjoy pew pew pewing from inside the goldilocks zone. Sure it's tough to lead. But tough isn't impossible. And the amount of space control you can exert like that is fantastic.

(6th sense, torpedo expert or whatever, super intendant, AFT. For the record. I don't have BFT because I feel I'm shoot plenty fast enough already, and I want to get to the camo skill faster.)