Patient0

What is one skill that pubbies critically lack?

If I could teach pubbies only one thing I would teach them to know when to cap, and conversely when to return to defend the base. I cannot count how many times when my team lost because of a fast cap. I also cannot count the number of times when pubbies have denied me a good game by sitting their 0 damage full Hp tanks on the cap like they trying to farm effi. The good players literally carried your 0 damage asses. The least you can do is let them have a better game.

And when I ping the map furiously, trying to get these idiots to come back, they don't ignore me; they say "stop spamming, I'm putting you on my blacklist", and continue rolling towards the enemy base while I suicide in to defend my base. Someone who idiots listen to (Jingles, QB, etc..) needs to make a capping guide.

Can we just remove caps from the random battles mode? The concept is obviously too advanced for most people...

If anyone can think of something that pubbies should learn that's more important than my point, please say it.

Yup, situational awareness. I can't tell you how many times I've watched people just tunnel vision at the tracked heavy around a corner while a light tank is repeatedly shoving AP rounds into their engines.

Today was the first game in over a year I thought I had to cap to win. (And did because of it) 

Capping is nowhere near as useful as one might think. Cap circles are literally only there to ensure that the entire team doesn't go a corner on the map and camp it out because they can since they have nothing to defend. It puts pressure on the teams to both attack, but also defend. Aside from that capping serves close to no purpose whatsoever since it's VERY rarely the deciding factor when it comes to winning games. It's literally only there to make shitters feel better that they "did" something that game.

If I could teach pubbies one thing it'd be to lay off the fucking arty and let this game be a good game while it still can.

List a specific skill please.

Also, I can deal with a team with no situational awareness. It just means that I carry harder. If everyone on the team tunnel visions on a different corridor then we wouldn't need situational awareness (obviously this is an oversimplification). I'm just really tired of losing while my team has higher HP and the advantage.

24 minutes ago, AncientObliterator said:

Common Sense. 

Can confirm, pubbies are literally retarded for no apparent reason.

Reading the chat. 

"Someone from a top clan told me to stop going valley in Lakeville. I'll just keep being a fucking retard and doing what I think is right."

Btw, to anyone that I've called shitter, shitlord, retard, or idiot in game. I don't say it often but when I do, I don't mean to insult you as a person. The adjectives describe how well you are playing from my point of view.

38 minutes ago, prolix said:

The ability to realise that if they're sitting there stationary for the past 5 min and nothing popped up in front of their reticle, maybe.. just maybe it's time to move up

that was my immediate thought.  

32 minutes ago, Patient0 said:

Btw, to anyone that I've called shitter, shitlord, retard, or idiot in game. I don't say it often but when I do, I don't mean to insult you as a person. The adjectives describe how well you are playing from my point of view.

I mean it to them as a person

List of one skill:

Learn how to look at the map and realize what an overmatch is:

I don't even want to think about how many times I have been in situations, where the flank that I am on has a HUGE numbers advantage, but pubbies are too fucking worried about scratching their tank to push.  How many times a flank I am on has fallen but the heavies "insert whatever town on whatever map you want" have the ability to clean up the 1 or 2 tanks they are fighting and then turn and use the advantage to "come back to defend our cap\whatever other fucking reason"

TL;DR:  Look at the map, learn to count tanks and push an overmatch.

Shfty© 

Reading the minimap is also a pretty big one.

Overall its a combination of a lot of things, I don't think you can pin it down to one critical skill. Kewei also mentioned some people just don't care which is very much true and their own choice, for them it might be fun to camp their Tiger in a bush fucking miles from anything because that is what was done in WW2 and they want to replicate it.. Perfectly fair enough.

SHARE HP. Team up.

Still remembering the first time I coordinated with another player and successfully owned a flank. Sadly, it was way after 5k battles for me. But maybe it really is not that obvious.

I mean pubbies aren't that bad. There might be 1-2 total retards on your team who probably can't tell the difference between red or green, but most players are pretty ok at everything. Sometimes you can never convince potato heavies on the bottom of 1-2 line to move, but I think most pushes with teammates can be coordinated decently. 

The only complaint I have against WoT pubbies is when someone goes to an empty flank, immediately get overrun by reds, and then complains about a crap team. The team obviously shouldn't have left a flank open, however, it doesn't justify you suiciding up it for no reason. I see a lot of green and blue players do that and it irritates me quite a bit.

3 hours ago, prolix said:

The ability to realise that if they're sitting there stationary for the past 5 min and nothing popped up in front of their reticle, maybe.. just maybe it's time to move up

As much as I agree with this post, I've to say that I died countless time because I move up; always run headfirst into some idiot who camped with his derp gun one-shotting my tank. Not just traditional flank either, when I tried unusual roundabout way to go around and flank someone, I'll run into camper...

Or when I successfully pop up on enemy's flank with their back facing me, my team - instead of quickly push in to pincer them, won't move an inch even all enemy's guns turning toward me and away from them, thus I died, and the stupid peek a boom continues, with one tank less on our team...

After repeating these circumstance for a long time, I feel like I want to give up trying to flank, except that most my tanks aren't suit for corridor peek-a-boom. Thus cycle of hurting continue... *sigh*

As a scrubby pub shitter, I'll bring this down a notch to an even more basic skill.  Shitty non-use of cover.  Back the fuck back up behind the rock/building while reloading - that one just makes me grind my teeth. Watching a team mate park in the open and wait for his gun to reload while a couple of TDs wreck him . . . ugh.

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Proper map positioning for their tank. 

I dont need that guy in his IS-7 defendimg base

^^This. Recently it became more and more frustrating for me to observe my teammates to go to absolutely ridiculous positions.