Orrie

E-50M Upper Glacis Nerf

Again, this was one of the few things that actually was working as intended. Why play the E50M when its DPM, mobility and turret armor all suck? Well, because the thick upper plate means you'll get occasional bounces and ram things for almost as much as the 50B!

Unique tradeoff... Let's nerf it because we have absolutely no idea what to prioritize.

I'd assume this brings the E-50M's UFP to the same slope as the E-50's? I know the E-50M always had slightly better sloped armor, I'd assume that wasn't actually intended.

The nerf sucks. The E-50M has always been a pretty good pubstomper, but mostly just on the top end; it's basically a shitty T110E5 with better top speed and high velocity rounds. For everyone else, I don't think the E-50M performed particularly well. It could use a little help, and no, 10.0 giving it 1500 instead of 1478 velocity does not count as help.

3 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

I'd assume this brings the E-50M's UFP to the same slope as the E-50's? I know the E-50M always had slightly better sloped armor, I'd assume that wasn't actually intended.

The nerf sucks. The E-50M has always been a pretty good pubstomper, but mostly just on the top end; it's basically a shitty T110E5 with better top speed and high velocity rounds. For everyone else, I don't think the E-50M performed particularly well. It could use a little help, and no, 10.0 giving it 1500 instead of 1478 velocity does not count as help.

Which is strange considering 50M is lower than 50, so it should have a better slope.

I never would have seen this thread if I didn't get summoned.

My only question is why? The 50M isn't a spectacular performer in any way for all players.

My avg dmg blocked with it is less than that of the 907 or 430v2, so of all things to nerf the armor seems really dumb. The sole part of the tank that is above avg is the UFP armor. WG pls.

47 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

It will need something to help it out if this goes through, like a DPM buff, maybe a ground resistance buff. 

Or they will just leave us hanging, like usually...

E50 M could use some buff, but I doubt that it is going to happen any time soon (meanwhile looks at randoms E5s and IS-7s orgy...) Well, at least, it isnt on the same level of negligence as 113 :facepalm:

You guys are crying about the imaginary armour on an imaginary tank being reduced? Isn't this the one of (if not THE only) tank in the game that is completely made up or at least the 1 tank WG acknowledges that is completely fake?

3 minutes ago, clownshoes2 said:

You guys are crying about the imaginary armour on an imaginary tank being reduced? Isn't this the one of (if not THE only) tank in the game that is completely made up or at least the 1 tank WG acknowledges that is completely fake?

Who gives a sh*t whether it is imaginary or not, we play a game and we are sad if one of our favorite tanks IN THE GAME gets nerfed.

4 minutes ago, clownshoes2 said:

Why does it not being a real tank matter?

The point is the crying about changes to a FAKE tank. I could see a hub bub over a tank that existed, where different measurements, or angles could be interpreted. Or a paper tank, where we are looking at concepts or interpretations...

But this tank is fake, so doesn't that mean that WG can do whatever it wants, whenever it wants, and shouldn't you have kind of known that when you bought the tank?

2 minutes ago, jokobet said:

Who gives a sh*t whether it is imaginary or not, we play a game and we are sad if one of our favorite tanks IN THE GAME gets nerfed.

It's already OP, I don't think this is going to relegate this tank to the reserves like the Patton tanks of the US

Just now, clownshoes2 said:

No they are discussing an un-needed nerf to a tank that is in the game, that isn't broken and is pretty balanced. Also it's not the only fake tank in the game, WTE100 is fake. Learn to use google before making yourself look even more stupid. 

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/01/07/its-a-fake-part-2-wargaming-fakes/

Eugh that argument is kind of silly. Only one person actually argued that it's not realistic the tank doesn't have X or Y angle. The rest of us just think it shouldn't have been nerfed for balance or fun's sake, so your point doesn't apply.

6 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Why does it not being a real tank matter?

Nobody said it mattered. At all. I don't know what you read. But, this tank is a creation, and I believe that gives the owners of said tank to make whatever changes they want, whenever they want. You can't every well say "Historical Accuracy" or "Look at these plans over here!".

I think maybe more thought about buying a made up tank should have been taken or at least accept the changes based on the fact it's a made up tank and they can do whatever they want.

3 minutes ago, bolagnaise said:

No they are discussing an un-needed nerf to a tank that is in the game, that isn't broken and is pretty balanced. Also it's not the only fake tank in the game, WTE100 is fake. Learn to use google before making yourself look even more stupid. 

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/01/07/its-a-fake-part-2-wargaming-fakes/

Stop using emotion in your posts, if you read one of my earlier posts you will see that I acknowledge the existence of other fake tanks, I was just unsure of the number.

2 minutes ago, clownshoes2 said:

Nobody said it mattered. At all. I don't know what you read. But, this tank is a creation, and I believe that gives the owners of said tank to make whatever changes they want, whenever they want. You can't every well say "Historical Accuracy" or "Look at these plans over here!".

I think maybe more thought about buying a made up tank should have been taken or at least accept the changes based on the fact it's a made up tank and they can do whatever they want.

Nobody in this thread was pulling the "historical accuracy" card, they were saying it's balanced, and that the nerf was not needed.

6 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Eugh that argument is kind of silly. Only one person actually argued that it's not realistic the tank doesn't have X or Y angle. The rest of us just think it shouldn't have been nerfed for balance or fun's sake, so your point doesn't apply.

It matters completely that the tank is fake, because the OWNERS can say that they are making changes BECAUSE it's a fake tank. You guys HAD to know changes were coming.