Intumesce

Commanders And Their Skills

This thread lists each commander, how to unlock them, and what their skills do. Beware that this might get outdated if they decide to change any crew skills as they have in the past.

Stock commanders
These are the 3 commanders you start with.

Viktor Kirsanov

CbLol3q.jpg

Tier 1 - 6% faster reload for 10s after failing to penetrate an enemy vehicle
Tier 2 - 10% faster module repair OR 25% increased turret ring and gun module hitpoints
Tier 3 - 20% increased module damage for 15s against enemies after getting an overmatch
Tier 4 - 30% increased damage against enemy crew for 60s after one of your crew members die OR 10% faster aim time for 15s after damaging an enemy module
Tier 5 - 4% crew skill increase

Philipp Holzklau

EbK2qx6.jpg

Tier 1 - 20% increase in module damage to enemies while a teammate is nearby
Tier 2 - 6% faster reload speed for 15s when a nearby ally is damaged OR 30% faster aim time for 30s after you destroy an enemy vehicle
Tier 3 - 10% better overall accuracy
Tier 4 - 50% faster repair time on gun-related modules OR 20% increase in crew hitpoints
Tier 5 - View range increased by 40m

Sabrina Washington

JxzBLrb.jpg

Tier 1 - View range increased by 40m
Tier 2 - 10% faster aim time OR 20% faster hull traverse speed for 10s after spotting an enemy
Tier 3 - 10% increased camouflage
Tier 4 - Camouflage while firing improved by 30% OR 20% increase in crew hitpoints
Tier 5 - 25% faster base capture rate

Premium commanders
These 2 commanders are unlocked from buying the tier 2 or tier 3 Founder's Packs. They both have identical crew skills.

Maximillian Koenig/Fyodor Sokolov

l21Ibak.jpg

Tier 1 - 10% increase in reputation earned in the vehicle he is on
Tier 2 - 4% crew skills increase OR 20% faster aim time for 20s after spotting an enemy
Tier 3 - View range increased by 40m
Tier 4 - 20% increase in crew hitpoints OR 20% faster turret traverse for 20s after being spotted by an enemy
Tier 5 - 10% increase in crew XP earned

Unlockable commanders
These are commanders you unlock from certain vehicles. I'll list which vehicle they are located on below their names.

Rashid Al-Atassi
12,150 reputation cost after achieving proven status in the M551 Sheridan.

Hw6VKK1.jpg

Tier 1 - 15% faster hull traverse
Tier 2 - 10% faster ATGM lock on time OR 10% faster ATGM reload speed
Tier 3 - 15% faster turret traverse
Tier 4 - 20% more damage to enemy crew for 15s after a nearby ally is damaged OR 20% more damage to enemy modules for 15s after a nearby ally is damaged
Tier 5 - 6% faster reload speed while near an ally

Ioannis Sanna
12,150 reputation cost after achieving proven status in the LAV-300.

TaOMsE4.jpg 

Tier 1 - 20% increased module damage to enemy vehicles
Tier 2 - Double chance to cause engine fires to enemy vehicles OR enemies you set on fire burn for 5s longer
Tier 3 - 20% increased crew damage to enemy vehicles
Tier 4 - 10% faster reload speed for 30s after setting an enemy on fire OR 20% faster reload speed for 30s after you are set on fire
Tier 5 - 10% increased overall accuracy

Freja Højbjerg
12,150 reputation cost after achieving proven status in the M109.

nLG6oxN.jpg

Tier 1 - 20% increased module damage to enemy vehicles
Tier 2 - 10% faster aim time OR 10% better overall accuracy
Tier 3 - 20% faster ammo swap speed
Tier 4 - 10% faster rate of fire OR 6% faster reload speed (yes, there is a difference)
Tier 5 - 50% increased damage to enemy crew for 60s after destroying an enemy module

Juan Carlos Miramón
12,150 reputation cost after achieving proven status in the Gvosdika. [Thanks to shwedor.]

qYNOUy4.jpg

Tier 1 - 20% faster ammo swap speed
Tier 2 - 10% faster aim speed OR 10% better overall accuracy
Tier 3 - 15% better acceleration on off-road terrain for 15s after firing
Tier 4 - 20% increased module damage to enemy vehicles OR 20% increased crew damage to enemy vehicles
Tier 5 - 6% faster reload speed

Anthony Diaz
A gift for signing up during Christmas 2014.

sDYvhss.jpg

Tier 1 - 10% increase in crew XP earned
Tier 2 - 30% increased damage to enemy crew for 60s after one of your crew members is knocked out OR 20% increased accuracy for 20s after one of your crew members is knocked out
Tier 3 - Once per battle, the first crew member that is knocked out is instantly revived
Tier 4 - 20% faster reload for 20s after one of your crew members is knocked out OR 20% increase in hull traverse and off-road acceleration for 20s after one of your crew members is knocked out
Tier 5 - 4% increase in crew skills

3 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Whats the difference? 

and which is better?  

One increases the rate of fire on autocannons, thus making them fire more rounds per minute.
The other decreases reload speed, making their DPM higher.

The reload speed decrease is far better.

8 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Whats the difference? 

and which is better?  

There is still some question in how they exactly work, but we do know these things.

Rate of fire reduce the time between shots on autocannons. So if it takes 10 seconds to dump all the rounds in a clip the rate of fire decrease would drop it to about 9.1 seconds. After that you have the clip reload, which we don't currently know if the skill works on. We also don't know if the rate of fire skill reduce the reload on single fire guns.

The reload skill does just what you think. If your single shot gun takes 10 seconds to reload, the skill will drop the reload to 9 seconds. The big question, is does this skill also work for autocannons? Both inter and intra clip reloads?

I think what we need to do is get someone with Freja and Juan to test both skills with autoloader guns and regular guns. Should be a simple test when they release custom matches in the next patch.

Personally I agree with _WL, the reload decrease is the better one. The rate of fire can give you quicker burst damage, but that is only useful if you can use that extra 1 second to complete a kill or get to safety before getting shot/killed yourself.

As far as I can tell, Juan's reload perk doesn't work at all right now.

My in-game reloads are always what they would be with a commander without that perk.

Not unlocked Freja yet so can't comment.

I have only noticed this when I'm playing arty.  Can't say if it is the same in regular tanks but I don't have time to notice it, or if it's only a problem in arty ...

In the Gvosdika arty, the reload indicator says around 11.09 secs if I'm not mistaken.  However, when the timer is up and the light gets green on the recticule, it still takes an extra sec or so before the shell is actually loaded.  Anyone else notice this?  Is this a problem with the crew/commander perks not being applied correctly?  Or is just the visualisation not correct?

I've noticed freya is occasionally bugged with the reload. My chall has a 8.07 sec reload but the odd match its 7.9* I have not changed a retrofit nor have my crews secondaries gone up.

2 hours ago, Errants said:

Raise all commanders to 5, or focus one at a time?  Thoughts?

Raise the ones you need, aka concentrate on sabrina, freja, rashid and juan, playing them in the right tanks. What's the point of having Ioannis @ lvl 5? That guy is garbage
Maximillian and Fyodor also look interesting.

16 hours ago, Britzz said:

Raise the ones you need, aka concentrate on sabrina, freja, rashid and juan, playing them in the right tanks. What's the point of having Ioannis @ lvl 5? That guy is garbage
Maximillian and Fyodor also look interesting.

Pretty much. Although I'm levelling the bad ones gradually in PvE where is doesn't make much difference.

Today I just realized that Viktor's rank 1 skill is actually pretty good. Its description is pretty ambiguous, but it turns out that when you hit an enemy with a shell and it fails to penetrate, your reload decreases by 10%.
In other words, if for whatever reason you don't want view range on your MBT or because you don't have Anthony or Maximillian, Viktor is a very good substitute.
I figure he could easily replace Freja/Juan on a bunch of non-loader builds since you don't need to have armor to make use of it.

In fact, because of this, you can actually get twice the benefit of a reload assuming you don't penetrate. On paper you have 10% less DPM on non-loader tanks because your crew skills don't apply, but in practice if you bounce any shots at all it's practically the same. For tanks with a loader which don't require view range, at level 5 he basically gives you a 20% decreased reload.

I've also updated the OP with new information, such as the recent 10% VR > 40m VR change.

Today I just realized that Viktor's rank 1 skill is actually pretty good. Its description is pretty ambiguous, but it turns out that when you hit an enemy with a shell and it fails to penetrate, your reload decreases by 10%.
In other words, if for whatever reason you don't want view range on your MBT or because you don't have Anthony or Maximillian, Viktor is a very good substitute.
I figure he could easily replace Freja/Juan on a bunch of non-loader builds since you don't need to have armor to make use of it.

In fact, because of this, you can actually get twice the benefit of a reload assuming you don't penetrate. On paper you have 10% less DPM on non-loader tanks because your crew skills don't apply, but in practice if you bounce any shots at all it's practically the same. For tanks with a loader which don't require view range, at level 5 he basically gives you a 20% decreased reload.

I've also updated the OP with new information, such as the recent 10% VR > 40m VR change.

Seems like that would be really handy on autocannons. Which is a nice consolation prize if you don't have Max for the Leadership/VR combo.

You think that OE will release an AFV-oriented commander? Something along the lines of an faster designation speed, better view range or camo, increased module HP...

Sabrina...?

Quick note on Freja's skill: the rate of fire increase obviously effects auto cannons, but it also effects missiles. Obviously, it's not really noticeable on anything except the Terminators, but it does reduce the time in between shots on them.

On 1/23/2016 at 9:35 AM, Shade421 said:

Quick note on Freja's skill: the rate of fire increase obviously effects auto cannons, but it also effects missiles. Obviously, it's not really noticeable on anything except the Terminators, but it does reduce the time in between shots on them.

According to Gatortribe Freja''s rate of fire skill is so badley broken that it actually reduces fire rate.