Kosizch_Kun

Help me with college.

Hey guys, so I need help. I am a student at the University of Southern California and the University of California at Los Angeles graduating this year with both a degree in Mathematics and Physics. I have already submitted my Thesis which I wrote on the mathematical exploration and principles of the Yang-Mills existence and mass gap dilemma. However, I would like other input from my fellow mathematicians. I should mention that I am trying to solve and provide a proof for it for my dissertation. Also, there is a million dollar prize for solving the problem which I will share with the people that help me evenly excluding myself as I will decline my share. Thanks again, Kosizch. (Currently in class, so I will be avaliable when I get home in about 4 hours). ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED.

My dad talked about the Yang-Mills once. Said it had something to do with Fermion particles? Like that it's difficult to prove because additional fermion particles mess up the quarks and therefor can't be percieved or something? 

I don't know why I know this because this thing is way over my head

7 minutes ago, Goldflag said:

ummm.... pv=nrt

Thanks friend I'll try to proof this and I'll get back to you.

2 minutes ago, Kolni said:

My dad talked about the Yang-Mills once. Said it had something to do with Fermion particles? Like that it's difficult to prove because additional fermion particles mess up the quarks and therefor can't be percieved or something? 

I don't know why I know this because this thing is way over my head

Yes, this is true. It's hard to prove but not impossible. Thanks for mentioning fermions.

I can't really help you with this has I am a freshman in college but the wikipedia articles are giving me some good reading (And not in a coma inducing one).

Good Luck, maybe you will find some one to help you.

2 hours ago, Kosizch_Kun said:

Also, there is a million dollar prize for solving the problem >snip< excluding myself as I will decline my share.

uwotm8

other than that, i'm sorry mahoo fwiend. I'm still in Algebra 1 :cri:

#canconfirmmathslearningsystemisgay :gaytroll:

16 minutes ago, Kosizch_Kun said:

Yes, this is true. It's hard to prove but not impossible. Thanks for mentioning fermions.

What I know is that if you can apply QCD in the right way this thing should be solvable.

I know it's been said (I dare not say proven with physicists nearby? that mass gap exists in lattice QCD/ holographic AdS and the fact that they are is what probably got this whole thing started? 

Are you using Ecludian space time to define the integral path? And using Minkowski spacetime to satisfy the Wightman Axiom?

this is pretty much everything I can recall without having to ask my dad

ugh i just tried reading some of the stuff online

... my head hurts

31 minutes ago, Kolni said:

What I know is that if you can apply QCD in the right way this thing should be solvable.

I know it's been said (I dare not say proven with physicists nearby? that mass gap exists in lattice QCD/ holographic AdS and the fact that they are is what probably got this whole thing started? 

Are you using Ecludian space time to define the integral path? And using Minkowski spacetime to satisfy the Wightman Axiom?

this is pretty much everything I can recall without having to ask my dad

ugh i just tried reading some of the stuff online

... my head hurts

Eucladian would be the simplest to explain mathematically but for my dissertation it would be more heavily based on physics. Interesting ideas, I'll do some work and see what comes up.

6 minutes ago, Kosizch_Kun said:

Eucladian would be the simplest to explain mathematically but for my dissertation it would be more heavily based on physics. Interesting ideas, I'll do some work and see what comes up.

If you want the prize you're going to have to prove it mathematically nevertheless, otherwise you're not going to be able to prove a mass gap anyway.

4 minutes ago, Kolni said:

If you want the prize you're going to have to prove it mathematically nevertheless, otherwise you're not going to be able to prove a mass gap anyway.

Yes, I'm well aware, I believe I referenced the need for the proof in the OP. I'm just looking for ideas and different methods. Thanks

Just now, An_Arty_Player_Hits_You said:

As an accounting major.. I just go.... yup, more reasons why I'm doing this and not that :eww:

Sorry I can't help friend, but gl with your endeavors

:disco::sunbro::disco:

Thanks for the words of encouragment.

Went to wiki. Typed in Yang-Mills.

Looked at it.
Closed my tab.

I'd just try and look at it from a different PoV. If everyone has done it one way, do it the one way people don't expect. It's usually how things like this get solved.

12 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Went to wiki. Typed in Yang-Mills.

Looked at it.
Closed my tab.

I'd just try and look at it from a different PoV. If everyone has done it one way, do it the one way people don't expect. It's usually how things like this get solved.

Exactly the reason I'm looking here, sometimes unorthadox methods work.

Just found that there's thermodynamics involved in Yang-Mills as well, don't know if it's relevant at all to what you're doing but if it is you may want look into Gauge-Invariant Objects (Action density and energy momentum) along with Spontaneous Gauge-Symmetry Breaking.

Gauge Coupling with Feynman rules seems to work for Perturbative approaches at zero temperature levels as well

Okay I haven't checked out Yang-Mills before, but i did then. It all seems to make sense (in that i could follow it kinda). So are you going to have to physically prove confinement at higher energy levels before you do for the Yang-Mills mass gap? Also would fragmentation be of any help or is that just irrelevant. I don't know much about this sort of stuff sorry >.<

Anyway GL waifu (:

TEWsSSz.png?1

By crossing the pre-confining and de-confining phase boundary it generates an extra polarization for each dual gauge mode compared to the two polarizations of a tree-level massless mode. Extra polarization means more freedom which increases energy density in the pre-confining stage

15 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

Thermo and particle eh? I'll take a look :) But no promises this is the guy who quit being an engineer and shit because I wanted to not blow stuff up after college.......

Thanks friend. 

This won't be helpful but I saw Yang a lot back home. We used to live in the same complex.

Also whoa we are in the same school and year