Benguin

Exporting vehicle stat to spreadsheet

Right now I'm trying to build an spreadsheet on google that displays the vehicle win8 for each player and their competitive tanks. To make it up-to-date and easy to maintain, as such I'm trying to find a way to link a specific cell box to the numeric data for the vehicle win8 (or another specific stat) for each player. 

As such, 

1). Is there already a tool available for what I'm trying to achieve
2). Is there any way to access the vehicle win8/stat and export it into google spreadsheet

Thanks in advance!  

Like this: https://clantools.us/servers/na/players?id=1006636250&stats=pubs ?

Btw - it is 'WN8' (for wnEfficiency (or WN for shot, for weighted and normalized) iteration #8). Not WIN8, win8...

25 minutes ago, graukatze said:

Btw - it is 'WN8' (for wnEfficiency (or WN for shot, for weighted and normalized) iteration #8). Not WIN8, win8...

We do pronounce it as "WIN-8" though. The joys of English puns.

Your link gives me a 404 error for some reason.

2 hours ago, graukatze said:

Yes to the per vehicle stats, but... 

If we are doing tier 6 strongholds and there are 2 (or more) players with T37 let's say, I'm hoping to be able to make a spread sheet that tells us which one is a better player without having to look up specific players through a website... rather, just a spreadsheet with the vehicle windows 8 wn8 so we can easily compare. Not really all that efficient for just 2 players, but we are trying to become more competitive also in tournaments and such. 

I also want to make it in such a way so I do not have to look up stats for like 20 vehicles for 100 members every week to update, which is why I'm looking for a way to link the data directly into the spreadsheet so it "updates" itself... 

On that note, I'm also looking to make a simple program where I just have to run it by inputing the names of the players ready to play and it will give me the "best" line up in accordance to stats (perhaps not just wn8, but also who's best at scouting, or dmg dealing etc etc) ..... 

.... this is something that I'm just interested in just as a side project mainly because I've got nothing better to do............ 

13 hours ago, neokai said:

We do pronounce it as "WIN-8" though. The joys of English puns.

Your link gives me a 404 error for some reason.

>We do pronounce it as "WIN-8" though.
>We

Yeah, nah, I've never heard anyone call it by win-8.
Its pronounced W N 8. Done deal.

55 minutes ago, Orrie said:

>We do pronounce it as "WIN-8" though.
>We

Yeah, nah, I've never heard anyone call it by win-8.
Its pronounced W N 8. Done deal.

I think I'm the only one calling it win8, and I get corrected on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, weenis said:

I think I'm the only one calling it win8, and I get corrected on a daily basis.

Not the only one.  I cycle back and for between calling it win and W N depending on my sobriety level.

Sounds like you want to/should go learn some basic programming.  iirc all the wg api calls give you back JSON.  Plenty of stuff already exists that will turn that into a csv (plaintext table) for you which can be easily manipulated and opened in your preferred spreadsheet program.  

So like go figure out how to use the api with Java/python or something (no idea how much you know).

2 hours ago, Nicook5 said:

Sounds like you want to/should go learn some basic programming.  iirc all the wg api calls give you back JSON.  Plenty of stuff already exists that will turn that into a csv (plaintext table) for you which can be easily manipulated and opened in your preferred spreadsheet program.  

So like go figure out how to use the api with Java/python or something (no idea how much you know).

I know the basic elements of python and was able to get the api to work... some what, but would that be "self-updating" though? 

33 minutes ago, Benguin said:

I know the basic elements of python and was able to get the api to work... some what, but would that be "self-updating" though? 

type command, updates data can even make it run once a day or something, go wild.  I dunno what exactly you mean by "self-updating".  I mean the only way you can know your info is up to date is talking to WG stuff...

5 hours ago, Nicook5 said:

type command, updates data can even make it run once a day or something, go wild.  I dunno what exactly you mean by "self-updating".  I mean the only way you can know your info is up to date is talking to WG stuff...

hmm... kool, I'll go look into it some more.... haven't worked all that much with APIs though.... guess I'll start learning