allenmark00

League of Legends general discussion. Or League of Draven, take your pick.

I have an few questions about tkis game. Why is it so easy to piss someone off by not playing an certain way? It's not just in-game either; I'm on the verge of being banned from tvtropes for admitting that I rarely use chat and showing how I play an champion of the week in PvE (they think I'm trolling and expect me to be banned in-game for being inconsiderate). I dislike using chat because I know that I'm an asshole , but it's not worth being banned for that. So how many of you are silent to your team?

At lower elo you can do anything and still win. People care a lot about winning and will find any excuse to blame other people.

It's really hard to say without seeing gameplay.

For instance I tend to get mad at teammates who don't peel the enemy backline off of me when I'm playing and AD carry and am literally carrying them on my shoulders.

2 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

GP is broken.

Can confirm: I can't be trusted with his global Ult. I'll wind up stealing my team's Gold.So anyways, my Yasuo replay.

Keep in mind that I'm only Lv. 17 and this is my second fight with him.

Tp heal. ;_;
I cry every time.

Also your item build is not optimal for yasuo much less anyone. You should be going shiv + i.e for crit and using the warlords mastery for 25% heals every time you crit.

I heard a number of recommendations that HotS is an excellent intro to the genre, that is - LoL & DotA prelude.

Still thinking of what to pick!?

Agreed, there is a LOT less going on in a HotS match than there is your typical LoL or Dota match.  Don't need to worry about items, the "jungle" is simplified, and it gives you in big bold letters exactly what you should be doing during the particular map you're on.  I never got more into HotS than eight matches though, I found it literally impossible to win if you don't go for the objectives (and 7 out of the 8 teams didn't go for the objectives).  Still, I would recommend it as an excellent intro to the MOBA genre.

As for what to pick:

HotS: Simplicity, or you like beating your head against a brick wall of pubbies (I might be biased in that regard).

LoL: In the middle for simplicity.  Can't compare too much to DOTA for the following reason

DOTA: I am hugely biased against this, and it's not just because I've only played five matches and one pvp match.  I can't find anything, and I suck at CS'ing in DOTA.  Not to mention good luck finding out how good one item is compared to another, it seems Valve went out of their way to make sure you can't compare items.  Only two endgame items I've bothered even trying to memorize are Daedalus (crit chance and decent damage) and Satanic (minor damage and good lifesteal).  Also apparently Sniper is to dota what teemo is to league so I'm sure if I tried playing dota I'll get death threats.

Flawless Lee Sin Game.

I flashed once, which was to go into the enemy fountain.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2100972846/211382690?tab=overview

I didn't even need Dragon's Rage most of the time to 100-0 people. E -> auto -> Hydra -> Auto would 100-0 jinx.

Auto -> Q -> auto -> hydra -> auto -> Q 100-0'd yi.

R -> E 100-0'd Kass.

Bard... well... ward -> w -> auto -> auto -> w -> auto -> auto -> hydra because it was a waste of abilities.

Find a champion you like, and play the ever living hell out of it.  Maining one to three champions is the best way to have consistently good results in league, and I suspect that'd be the same for any moba.  For me, currently that'd be Olaf and Malphite.

There's also hugely specific roles that champions fit in to, fortunately until you hit level 7 to 10 literally nobody cares.  Once you get to that point though, people will flip if you're outside of your role (somewhat justified, as champions are HIGHLY tuned around which role they're supposed to be played in).

OPINION WARNING: the following is my opinion.  Given that I'm really bad at this game, follow this advice at your own risk.

I happen to think that Ashe is in a really good spot right now.  Great crowd control (which consists of slows/stuns/immobilizes, Ashe's auto attacks slow with each hit and her ult is a stun), decent damage, pretty decent against Jhin/Kog'Maw/other meta picks, and is never banned.  Ashe is currently free and only costs 450 IP from the store (three to four game's worth of income).  If you have no idea where to start, I'd recommend starting there.  Also might be biased since that's where I started.

6 hours ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

Find a champion you like, and play the ever living hell out of it.  Maining one to three champions is the best way to have consistently good results in league, and I suspect that'd be the same for any moba.  For me, currently that'd be Olaf and Malphite.

There's also hugely specific roles that champions fit in to, fortunately until you hit level 7 to 10 literally nobody cares.  Once you get to that point though, people will flip if you're outside of your role (somewhat justified, as champions are HIGHLY tuned around which role they're supposed to be played in).

OPINION WARNING: the following is my opinion.  Given that I'm really bad at this game, follow this advice at your own risk.

I happen to think that Ashe is in a really good spot right now.  Great crowd control (which consists of slows/stuns/immobilizes, Ashe's auto attacks slow with each hit and her ult is a stun), decent damage, pretty decent against Jhin/Kog'Maw/other meta picks, and is never banned.  Ashe is currently free and only costs 450 IP from the store (three to four game's worth of income).  If you have no idea where to start, I'd recommend starting there.  Also might be biased since that's where I started.

Don't you get Ashe by default?

I certainly didn't have to buy it, I think.

I hear Riven is a good one to go for, what do you think? (not sure if my friend was trolling a noobie)

Also, why is it that support and ad carry or whatever these things are called go bottom and tanks go top?

The two lanes look the same to me....

You should have a main role, not champ. You should be able to play anyone at a particular role as if it was your main.

Yes, you can climb playing a single champ like Master Yi (because devourer is broken as fuck) but you will be at the whim of any change to the meta.

Look at me for example.

I main Lee Sin and peaked P1 in S5. Once the meta shifted, I crashed to P5 by the end of the season and with S6 favouring so much mobility and end-game scaling burst, I'm currently sitting at G4 in S6 - although it's more of a teammates being greedy thing.

10 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

You should have a main role, not champ. You should be able to play anyone at a particular role as if it was your main.

Yes, you can climb playing a single champ like Master Yi (because devourer is broken as fuck) but you will be at the whim of any change to the meta.

Look at me for example.

I main Lee Sin and peaked P1 in S5. Once the meta shifted, I crashed to P5 by the end of the season and with S6 favouring so much mobility and end-game scaling burst, I'm currently sitting at G4 in S6 - although it's more of a teammates being greedy thing.

Why is my Ashe still sitting at level 0 despite me having played several games with her already?

4 hours ago, Serene_Potato said:

Why is my Ashe still sitting at level 0 despite me having played several games with her already?

Don't even care about champion 'levels'. It literally means nothing outside of the fact you play them a lot.

43 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Don't even care about champion 'levels'. It literally means nothing outside of the fact you play them a lot.

So you can't upgrade Champions like you upgrade tanks in WoT?

I know you can do it in a game, but it resets after the game, doesn't it?

I'm not sure how viable supports are. I generally dislike the role since I can't split-push as an support champion. I prefer anyone who can solo an lane or has an lot of health and damage output. And why does no one slays the Dragon in PvE? The first two stacks are useful if you want an quick win.

Dammit, I had my first experience with a noob team in lol yesterday

Was solo'ing two enemy champions (had no idea what class they were) on the top lane in my Garen, got ganked repeatedly by some other Lux player, but managing somehow to hold my own. Eventually, I got pushed back to my second turret when I had a look at my map. The enemy team had already reached our base from the other two lanes lolwut.

Supports are only worth playing diamond and above.

If you play solo, don't bother unless you are duo queued with someone who is not ass.

So Swain is basically the definition of easy mode.  Max E, spam it until opponent leaves lane, free farm, rinse and repeat until you hit six.  Go all in and farm kills until their jungler comes... oh wait, 1v2's are easy too.

Is Archangel's staff mandatory on Swain for teamfight power?  As a bronze 2 baddie, I'm almost certainly doing it wrong.  But I run out of mana in any extended teamfight where I have to go chasing for kills.  Also, Will of the Ancients for extra lifesteal Y/N?

4 hours ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

So Swain is basically the definition of easy mode.  Max E, spam it until opponent leaves lane, free farm, rinse and repeat until you hit six.  Go all in and farm kills until their jungler comes... oh wait, 1v2's are easy too.

Is Archangel's staff mandatory on Swain for teamfight power?  As a bronze 2 baddie, I'm almost certainly doing it wrong.  But I run out of mana in any extended teamfight where I have to go chasing for kills.  Also, Will of the Ancients for extra lifesteal Y/N?

Swain gets mana back from killing units (minions and assist/kills on enemy champs). Trade Q and E, using W as a zoning tool to prevent good trades and last hit creeps with autos to maximize mana regen with the passive. When you can all in use E to engage and R->Q->E.

Archangel's isn't mandatory but it certainly helps with mana regen and survivability with the active. Right now it is a pretty niche item though with the mana regen you get from the mastery tree.

First item should generally be catalyst -> RoA -> seekers/nagatron cloak depending on matchup/team threat.

Standard core build will be something like this. catalyst -> boots -> RoA -> sorc boots -> Zhonya/Abyssal Scepter (interchangable order dependent on matchup) -> Liandry's -> Rylai's -> void staff.

Tear has its uses for being very gold efficient but lacks any combat stats. It's a pretty niche item.

2 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

Tear has its uses for being very gold efficient but lacks any combat stats. It's a pretty niche item.

No combat stats?  How about bonus AP equal to 4% max mana?  If I know I'll have a passive lane to the point where I know I'll have 15-20 minutes basically unmolested then I'll grab both tear and rod of ages even on champs like Xerath since that 1800 mana gets me about 153 extra AP at level 18.  Add in the 120 from rod of ages, rabadon's deathcap, rylai's, and void staff and I'll get 1100 AP Xerath at the 40-50 minute mark, which kills just about anything in one combo.  Also get the shield from seraph's embrace, and about 2700 hitpoints so I don't instantly die.  Honestly, my favorite xerath build (and anyone else that I can just stack AP on as long as I know that we're going late game).

EDIT: I was bored and couldn't sleep, so I figured that I'd put my money where my mouth is and give numbers to back up my roundabout estimates from previous games, gotten by screwing around in bots.  Only read if you like numbers. TL;DR full AP xerath is hilarious, and what I said about earlier numbers were somewhat misleading.  Also RIP squishies.

Spoiler

Build: Rod of Ages, Seraph's Embrace, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Swiftness Boots/Luden's Echo, Void Staff.  Masteries are 12/18/0 and Runes are armor seals, flat AP glyphs (I'm a poor man)

While I could reach damn near 1100 AP on full build, it required a dragon stack, sorcery elixir, and selling boots for a 100 AP item.  I got 1076 AP, and could've surpassed the 1100 mark with baron or five dragons (or with actual rune pages).  Furthermore, Seraph's Embrace offers 3% of mana as AP, not 4%.  However, I got +87 AP from that passive; combine with the +80 the item itself gives and Seraph's Embrace in total gives 167 AP. 

While playing, I reached full build at about 33 minutes in (this was easy bots because I wanted to see lategame early, so lol of course I got there early).  I got ample opportunity to play around with sixth items.

-Will of the Ancients: worthless.  All your stuff is AoE, so not really sure what I was expecting here.  But the spell vamp is only slightly faster than your health regen.

-Liandry's Torment: I wouldn't recommend it.  Sure, there's supertanks like Shen, Amumu, and Mundo that you can't oneshot.  But if they're building so much MR that you can't kill them in two or three combos then they'll have basically zero armor and your ADC will go ham on them.  I guess if your team is complete shit and you're solo carrying it'll come in handy then.

-Lichbane: I mean, I guess?  If you space out your spells to get the sheen proc I guess it's more damage, but IMO if you're putting two seconds between all of your spells you're doing it wrong as Xerath.

-Morellnomicon: Screw Mundo and his ult.  Also, what I built has zero CDR so this wouldn't be a bad idea either

-Zhonya's Hourglass: For most situations I think, it's a tossup between this and Luden's Echo.  Get this if you need to survive a Zed/LeBlanc/Veigar.

-Luden's Echo: I like this for movespeed.  With third dragon buff you cruise around at 391 movespeed, which IMO is sufficient enough to replace boots

As far as combat goes: you've got near 2800 health, around 400 movespeed (assuming Luden's), and enough firepower to turn Summoner's Rift into a crater.  Anything with less than 3000 hitpoints and 75 MR get oneshot by a Q-W combo (no E needed).  Anything that doesn't instantly die shouldn't be able to get anywhere near you thanks to Rylai's and stun.  The big thing you need to worry about is even with that extra health and the shield, you'll still die if anything gets near you, it'll just take a little longer.  That's the whole deal with this build, the only living things that should be anywhere near you are your teammates.