allenmark00

League of Legends general discussion. Or League of Draven, take your pick.

9 hours ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

No combat stats?  How about bonus AP equal to 4% max mana?  If I know I'll have a passive lane to the point where I know I'll have 15-20 minutes basically unmolested then I'll grab both tear and rod of ages even on champs like Xerath since that 1800 mana gets me about 153 extra AP at level 18.  Add in the 120 from rod of ages, rabadon's deathcap, rylai's, and void staff and I'll get 1100 AP Xerath at the 40-50 minute mark, which kills just about anything in one combo.  Also get the shield from seraph's embrace, and about 2700 hitpoints so I don't instantly die.  Honestly, my favorite xerath build (and anyone else that I can just stack AP on as long as I know that we're going late game).

EDIT: I was bored and couldn't sleep, so I figured that I'd put my money where my mouth is and give numbers to back up my roundabout estimates from previous games, gotten by screwing around in bots.  Only read if you like numbers. TL;DR full AP xerath is hilarious, and what I said about earlier numbers were somewhat misleading.  Also RIP squishies.

Reveal hidden contents

Build: Rod of Ages, Seraph's Embrace, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Swiftness Boots/Luden's Echo, Void Staff.  Masteries are 12/18/0 and Runes are armor seals, flat AP glyphs (I'm a poor man)

While I could reach damn near 1100 AP on full build, it required a dragon stack, sorcery elixir, and selling boots for a 100 AP item.  I got 1076 AP, and could've surpassed the 1100 mark with baron or five dragons (or with actual rune pages).  Furthermore, Seraph's Embrace offers 3% of mana as AP, not 4%.  However, I got +87 AP from that passive; combine with the +80 the item itself gives and Seraph's Embrace in total gives 167 AP. 

While playing, I reached full build at about 33 minutes in (this was easy bots because I wanted to see lategame early, so lol of course I got there early).  I got ample opportunity to play around with sixth items.

-Will of the Ancients: worthless.  All your stuff is AoE, so not really sure what I was expecting here.  But the spell vamp is only slightly faster than your health regen.

-Liandry's Torment: I wouldn't recommend it.  Sure, there's supertanks like Shen, Amumu, and Mundo that you can't oneshot.  But if they're building so much MR that you can't kill them in two or three combos then they'll have basically zero armor and your ADC will go ham on them.  I guess if your team is complete shit and you're solo carrying it'll come in handy then.

-Lichbane: I mean, I guess?  If you space out your spells to get the sheen proc I guess it's more damage, but IMO if you're putting two seconds between all of your spells you're doing it wrong as Xerath.

-Morellnomicon: Screw Mundo and his ult.  Also, what I built has zero CDR so this wouldn't be a bad idea either

-Zhonya's Hourglass: For most situations I think, it's a tossup between this and Luden's Echo.  Get this if you need to survive a Zed/LeBlanc/Veigar.

-Luden's Echo: I like this for movespeed.  With third dragon buff you cruise around at 391 movespeed, which IMO is sufficient enough to replace boots

As far as combat goes: you've got near 2800 health, around 400 movespeed (assuming Luden's), and enough firepower to turn Summoner's Rift into a crater.  Anything with less than 3000 hitpoints and 75 MR get oneshot by a Q-W combo (no E needed).  Anything that doesn't instantly die shouldn't be able to get anywhere near you thanks to Rylai's and stun.  The big thing you need to worry about is even with that extra health and the shield, you'll still die if anything gets near you, it'll just take a little longer.  That's the whole deal with this build, the only living things that should be anywhere near you are your teammates.

Tear only gives combat stats if u upgrade it. While you are stacking it you are vulnerable. Hence it's niche. It should only be used when you are ahead and need to scale for late game due to the enemy champ being able to potentially outscale you.

In contrast catalyst gives HP and a pretty broken passive in the early levels since it doesnt take much to level up.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take for the game to process the recent patch? Since I'm at 33% from an previous attempt, takes an excess of 2 hours to scan 16,000 files, then shit happens or my allotted online gaming time expires early.

Yeah, Teemo is kind of the community punching bag/Satanspawn in League.  At least you didn't try to play him, last time I tried that I got various rape threats against any/all of my female relatives.  Or I think that's what it was supposed to be, it was fairly incoherent.

What's all this I hear about Riven's animation canceling with the Hydra?

Correct me if I'm wrong, from the footage I see, using Hydra let's you leap forward one extra time?

I'm very unclear on this whole animation canceling thing, can someone explain it to me, especially in terms of Riven? She's the most fun champion I've played so far when she appeared on JP server rotation :)

Paging Mr. Fulcrous for a consult, considering how he's the good one here.  I'll put what I think it means in a spoiler, but you probably don't want to read it since I'm bad and more than likely got it wrong.

Spoiler

From my experience, activating the Ravenous Hydra item active is independent of any other action your character is currently taking.  So, in this instance, you can use Ravenous Hydra's active in the middle of Riven's jumping to get a bit of extra damage in without spending any extra time on performing the animation.

I'm hardly the best. Especially when I'm stuck in gold :feelsbad:

1 hour ago, WhichOneIsWill said:

Paging Mr. Fulcrous for a consult, considering how he's the good one here.  I'll put what I think it means in a spoiler, but you probably don't want to read it since I'm bad and more than likely got it wrong.

Hide contents

From my experience, activating the Ravenous Hydra item active is independent of any other action your character is currently taking.  So, in this instance, you can use Ravenous Hydra's active in the middle of Riven's jumping to get a bit of extra damage in without spending any extra time on performing the animation.

Hydra is used to animation cancel. Not 100% sure you can do it midair.

7 hours ago, Serene_Potato said:

What's all this I hear about Riven's animation canceling with the Hydra?

Correct me if I'm wrong, from the footage I see, using Hydra let's you leap forward one extra time?

I'm very unclear on this whole animation canceling thing, can someone explain it to me, especially in terms of Riven? She's the most fun champion I've played so far when she appeared on JP server rotation :)

One of the best rivens NA can explain this:

4 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

I'm hardly the best. Especially when I'm stuck in gold :feelsbad:

Hydra is used to animation cancel. Not 100% sure you can do it midair.

One of the best rivens NA can explain this:

Okay, so according to his explanation,

Animation cancel, makes things faster, you have to do it by clicking away (?) not quite sure what that is about.

Also, he seems to use Tiamat instead of Hydra, do the two do the same thing? Also, you have to specifically bind the key to activate the item "jump"?

Oh, and I hear this a lot "cast my alt", what does that mean?

Sorry for the mountain of questions, quite a lot to learn in this game it seems haha

What's all this about MMR?

I hear that some players, despite being in say, silver get matched up against gold players because of their MMR?

Is it like War Thunder battle tiers, where it sort of overrides the league system so that everyone complains about it?

MMR is a hidden elo rating. The simplest way of explaining it is the following:

Think of it as if WoT had skill-based mm with recent wn8 but your overall has you in silver despite playing against golds with blue recent.

Lol, it doesn't seem to matter how far ahead my Riven is in lane, there's always some AD carry and mid on my team feeding the enemy so that I can't combo them

(Two levels ahead at lv 14, bullying the hell out of my lane, hmmm...what's going on in base? two level 16 thingies getting our inhibitors. you wot m9, looks at team score and sees two feeders with 13 deaths)

How do normal unranked 5v5s compare to ranked in terms of skill level?

Are there a lot of high elo players playing unranked, or do they simply play ranked only?

Haven't reached level 30 yet, so trying to prepare myself for ranked.

Mix of both. At the peak of the spectrum it takes ~15 min to an hour to queue up. Some people may choose to play normals for the sake of playing.

Skill is roughly the same but I feel that people are better in normals than ranked at my elo =\

13 hours ago, Serene_Potato said:

Just bought myself a Cho Gath so I can be an asshole to every top laner on JP server

Just played a game in it and it doesn't seem to give half a damn about "counters"

Buy Illaoi and be a true japanese hentai in the top lane :kwim:

On 06/11/2015 at 5:21 AM, Kuroialty said:

The game is shit and an even stronger source for self-abuse and failed expectations than WoT.  Just uninstall it already.

I only got around to reading the linked content now but it's pretty neat.

6 hours ago, OOPMan said:

I only got around to reading the linked content now but it's pretty neat.

I would absolutely recommend it.  It puts into words and explains many of the issues I personally had with the genre, some of which can be easily extended to why games like WoT suck.

There are also more articles on the website that I would recommend checking out, and most of these have links at the bottom to a forum thread where discussion can take the topic even further.

18 minutes ago, Kuroialty said:

I would absolutely recommend it.  It puts into words and explains many of the issues I personally had with the genre, some of which can be easily extended to why games like WoT suck.

There are also more articles on the website that I would recommend checking out, and most of these have links at the bottom to a forum thread where discussion can take the topic even further.

Yeah, I'm reading the article on Realistic FPSes right now. Great site, bookmarked :-)

When all the stars align and Riven gets into a matchup with no stuns on the enemy team....

26/10/13

Could've died less, but overestimated how willing Japanese players were to throw themselves into the fray (despite having 400 armor)