Jump to content
Mesrith

AP damage mass hysteria

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, FrodoTSolo said:

Antonio, really, you only want the game to be world of cruisers and DDs... or is it just one or the other?

We have seen this in WoT through the ages.  World of heavies, world of mediums, world of TDs, etc.  Each and every time this happened the game was FUCKING BLAND.  Variety is the spice of life.  Do you think it was a healthy game to have one class and only one class be viable?

the game is really bland already. get real. also that's incredibly disingenuous because you and I both know World of Tanks never was populated by a single tank class alone, let alone a single class (outside of clan wars). If anything, you're agreeing with me by saying that the overbuff that tank destroyers got (which are akin to battleships at this point) ruined the game immensely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bathoz said:

 

Destroyers.

 

I suspect my cruiser WR exceeds that of my other classes due to me focusing on destroyer killing.  In fact, I've been using the sonar boost in lieu of the AA boost in the new German line, and it has me considering switching over in other cruisers.

 I really love this tactic in the German cruisers, due to the rearward facing guns:  Drive toward place where DDs go.  Use terrain to cover approach, getting as close as I can.  Use sonar when nearly clear of the land mass.  Turn away from land mass.  Eat destroyer with rear guns, instantly detect and maneuver away from his hasty torp drop, instantly create local advantage.

 

Problem I see is that this may not work for much longer.  I'm nearly done with the tier 6, and plan to skip the 7.  Once I hit T8, most DDs will be firing 10-15km torps in large spreads.  By the time you see those, it's generally too late.  I hate high tier DDs more than CVs.  I can at least see the planes coming and (maybe) mitigate some of the damage.

Thinking along those lines, I'm not enjoying high tiers at all.  I love my Iowa, but rarely ever play it.  Some combination of fuckwit pubbie BB snipers, unlimited bomber factory Midways, here's a 1km wide wall of torps DDs, or we're fucking the MM for fun and profit T10 divisions make high tiers unplayable.  Might be better if I found division play more enjoyable, but my solo play preference from tanks has carrier over to ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AntonioHandsome said:

the game is really bland already. get real. also that's incredibly disingenuous because you and I both know World of Tanks never was populated by a single tank class alone, let alone a single class (outside of clan wars). If anything, you're agreeing with me by saying that the overbuff that tank destroyers got (which are akin to battleships at this point) ruined the game immensely.

I am not seeing BBs completely populating WoWS either.  So I don't know what you comment is about.  I am stating that you think carriers screw up the game (something I agree with) and want BBs nerfed into the ground (not to decent/competitive, TO THE GROUND) which makes it seem like you want them all but removed.  Leaving us with... cruisers and destroyers.

BBs are not as bad as TDs got in WOT.  Everyone who abused the hellcat knows how beyond stupid that thing was.  BBs are not the SU-26.  BBs are just KV-2s.  Their dispersion ALWAYS made them the KV-2.  Sure they have armor, can shrug off shots, and can continuously miss every one of their shots (even before this patch).  Yes, I could get lucky and snipe in my KV-2, but if I do I will miss many times.  

If anything, the abuse that TDs had with their bullshit invisible sniping is more akin to DDs in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FrodoTSolo said:

I am not seeing BBs completely populating WoWS either.  So I don't know what you comment is about.  I am stating that you think carriers screw up the game (something I agree with) and want BBs nerfed into the ground (not to decent/competitive, TO THE GROUND) which makes it seem like you want them all but removed.  Leaving us with... cruisers and destroyers.

BBs are not as bad as TDs got in WOT.  Everyone who abused the hellcat knows how beyond stupid that thing was.  BBs are not the SU-26.  BBs are just KV-2s.  Their dispersion ALWAYS made them the KV-2.  Sure they have armor, can shrug off shots, and can continuously miss every one of their shots (even before this patch).  Yes, I could get lucky and snipe in my KV-2, but if I do I will miss many times.  

If anything, the abuse that TDs had with their bullshit invisible sniping is more akin to DDs in this game.

Jeez, you're thick, you really took my hyperbole seriously.

Also lol DDs are the TDs of WoWS. Thread is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should record my most recent game.  North Carolina on Ocean, two shimakaze's and a gearing per side, along with some other DD's on each team.  I literally did nothing but dodge torps for 10 min before they finally killed me.  every time I attempted to push forward, I had to do a 180 to dodge torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tedster59 said:

I should record my most recent game.  North Carolina on Ocean, two shimakaze's and a gearing per side, along with some other DD's on each team.  I literally did nothing but dodge torps for 10 min before they finally killed me.  every time I attempted to push forward, I had to do a 180 to dodge torps.

Atleast midways have the courtesy to kill you in the first 5 minutes so you don't need to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope I'm done with this game till they fix it, I fire HE and do 1k damageabd I fire AP and do 1k damage against cruisers. Because of this screw up I'm seeing a influx of cruisers, seriously had several games where there were 1 or 2 bbs on either team, saw no carriers tonight, just cruisers and destroyers. I was trying to play to at least to do my daily XP bonus and missions but when the only ship I can actually damage is other battleships then this game is broke. I don't want it like the previous patches where I one shot cruisers, but I don't want to be helpless to them either. I'm going back to WOT for the time being or maybe I'll finally try Armored Warfare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had time to play with the new patch yesterday... got into a few games with BBs (NC and Nagto) and... no more BBs for me. Not my favorite gameplay as i 'd rather play cruiser but i had some quite nice games before with BBs. Now? being eaten by fire from an aoba and a york less thean 10 km away while i do 2.5k dmg on average per salvo is not fun. so no more BBs for now.

Switch to cruisers (that's a gameplay i like) i tried my new mogami (just unlocked it)... WTF? doing 5-8k per salvo to a colorado but nothing to an iowa? same with the NO? i was doing more damage with AP against higher tier BBs... so back to low tier with the koenigsberg (really fun ship).

Another thing i've noticed. I've been one shotted by a BB (30k dmg) while angled and trying to dodge his shots in my NO while at 12 km from him. And on the next game, i've made a big mistake, finding myself broadside next to a fuso and... nothing (maybe 1-2k dmg)? so now the meta is to just sail broadside to a BB and to survive? just play stupidly and win? No way. I also had some citadels from weird angle...

So yes, before high tier cruisers were hard to play but it was challenging. Today, it's just dumb.

I've read a lot on this patch since then. And i truly hope that it will be fixed because this version of the game is not enjoyable at all.

i'll play Fallout 4 until it's fixed (if ever).

PS : sorry for the rant but i had to let it out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tedster59 said:

meanwhile, there is a patch coming in a few hrs.

Wargaming has been reactive on this issue. Good thing for once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnboardG1 said:

Fixed an issue that made it impossible to penetrate the citadel in case the shell broke the water line.

That would explain why gudplayers are struggling to pen. 

Interesting.  Though,  it does nothing to counter some of the other ridiculous overpen a ton I've seen in testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Deusmortis said:

Interesting.  Though,  it does nothing to counter some of the other ridiculous overpen a ton I've seen in testing.

Actually, based on the testing, it might well do. Until now a shot that bounced off the citadel counted as a citadel hit right? To bounce off the citadel it has to have come in at a sub 45 degree angle. That means every shot that bounced off the citadel should exit as an overpen. If the sub waterline hits are blocking the shots (or doing something weird like deflecting them back out of the ship) then all you'd see were overpens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Because of this issue we are planning to collect data on how many "ESCL" flags were used during the period between 0.5.1 and 0.5.1.1 and compensate players by giving them back the "ESCL" flags they used in this period. This will happen a few days after the release of 0.5.1.1, so please bear with us on this. 

Do I understand this correctly, that we are free to use 50 % exp flags all evening long as they will be reimbursed after the patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Unusually fast response/fix from WG... I'd welcome it if it's truly has been fixed.

 

28 minutes ago, Tomlinson said:

Do I understand this correctly, that we are free to use 50 % exp flags all evening long as they will be reimbursed after the patch?

Seems like EU only thing, I have not seen it mentioned on NA forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ncc81701 said:

Seems like EU only thing, I have not seen it mentioned on NA forums.

I can only imagine the flood of tears if it is a server-specific adjustment.  I'd better make sure my sump pump is in good working order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's definitely some weird overpen stuff still going on. Like overpenning turrets and dealing zero damage and the like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this begs the question....

 

Is overpenning citadels a thing now?  Was it always supposed to be a thing but was prevented by the bug they fixed?  Where did the common knowledge of "you can't overpen citadels" originally come from?  Reading some (probably poorly) translated RU dev posts makes me think that you can still overpen citadels as was shown in tests over the past few days.  I'd thought the overpens were the bug, but it's starting to sound like a feature that wasn't changed.  Several ships have some part of the citadel that's above the waterline, and shots to those locations shouldn't have been affected by the underwater bug.

 

When I get home I'll try to blast a Furutaka in the upper citadel from 6km and see if it's still being overpenned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hit a mostly broadside Furutaka citadel from around 7km in New Mexico. I didn't quite see where the shot landed though.

There were also 5 other hits and a total of 20k damage, seemed about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...