Sign in to follow this  
Bullroarerr

PvP tank recommendation

I have focused on the light line, through the tier VIII XM8.

PvE is a joke, we all know that. And it doesn't prepare you for PvP. Except in the most basic ways, some map knowledge, game mechanics etcetera... Important basics of course.

I only have about 90 games in PvP in part because of early quirks with vision and in game bugs. I played about 40 matches with Stingray II and that was very humbling- ok I sucked. But the light line is a difficult line in PvP the general consensus is.

Finally ,my question: Any recommendations or suggestions on a handful of tanks that are currently more forgiving in PvP?  Focus on mid tiers.

I imagine it is some sort of MbT, since it appears about 75% of tanks in PvP are MbT. I don't want to spend a 1000 matches in light tanks trying to make them work and develop my internal clock and feel for maps. 

You could try the public test server if you wanna get a feel for a lot of tanks. I find MBTs to be the most consistent for me, but afvs and tds are great fun sometimes, though I've only gotten to tier 3 so far, just started after closed testing.

mate light tanks are stuck in a rut, you can't play vision games against afv's, if you want to snipe Td's are much better backline support, armor your beaten out by mbts, so what does the light tanks have as their advantage.

I say a mix of speed and firepower to flank enemy targets carefully, watch where the battle line forms and start making plans from there, try out a few different flanking positions, the class is heavily dependent on seeing a situation unfold and how you react to it, going to the hotspot in a straight line is gonna get you killed. Don't try the dumb shit like circling Mbts that shit will get you killed.

Idiots guide to Light tanks

1. Wait for Battle lines to form

2. Note possible flanking positions to battle line

3. Recon the flanking area, before commiting

4. Commit start taking out the weakest targets first

5. Always expect counter fire 

6. Run away like a bitch because they sent mbts after you

7. lure them into an ambush or they get distracted and stop chasing you

8. Start another assault through a different position since you just distorted battle lines.

9. Now your into the endgame, use numbers to overwhelm remaining enemies from different positions relative to your flank, if your stuck on the shit flank get out and regroup.

10. Come to the realization that AFVs can do the same shit as you but with better camo more burst damage from auto cannons and view range.

11. Cry.    

3 hours ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

mate light tanks are stuck in a rut, you can't play vision games against afv's, if you want to snipe Td's are much better backline support, armor your beaten out by mbts, so what does the light tanks have as their advantage.

I say a mix of speed and firepower to flank enemy targets carefully, watch where the battle line forms and start making plans from there, try out a few different flanking positions, the class is heavily dependent on seeing a situation unfold and how you react to it, going to the hotspot in a straight line is gonna get you killed. Don't try the dumb shit like circling Mbts that shit will get you killed.

Idiots guide to Light tanks

1. Wait for Battle lines to form

2. Note possible flanking positions to battle line

3. Recon the flanking area, before commiting

4. Commit start taking out the weakest targets first

5. Always expect counter fire 

6. Run away like a bitch because they sent mbts after you

7. lure them into an ambush or they get distracted and stop chasing you

8. Start another assault through a different position since you just distorted battle lines.

9. Now your into the endgame, use numbers to overwhelm remaining enemies from different positions relative to your flank, if your stuck on the shit flank get out and regroup.

10. Come to the realization that AFVs can do the same shit as you but with better camo more burst damage from auto cannons and view range.

11. Cry.    

I actually quite like the VFM mk.5. I find it plays alot like totally balanced russian hover mediums, in WoT.

Depends on Tier: 5 and below, TDs/ BM series rock. T6: MBTs (more specifically MBT70) and Terminator. Haven't got T7s and up but I imagine M1s and Russian wedges are very stronk. 

6 hours ago, Crossfader said:

Get a Fox just for the lol's. So worth it.

This.  I hated the Fox at first, but once I got the ATGMs for it, hahahahaha.  Flanked around the last few enemies remaining on the Ghost Field map last night in PvP and got behind a full health M60A3 who also had hit point retrofits (he was at 1780 health or thereabouts), put two rockets in his ass for 1100, then penned all 6 shots with AP to kill him.  All 1780 health in about 5 seconds.  So glorious.

5 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

This.  I hated the Fox at first, but once I got the ATGMs for it, hahahahaha.  Flanked around the last few enemies remaining on the Ghost Field map last night in PvP and got behind a full health M60A3 who also had hit point retrofits (he was at 1780 health or thereabouts), put two rockets in his ass for 1100, then penned all 6 shots with AP to kill him.  All 1780 health in about 5 seconds.  So glorious.

it's a Master Ninja Assassin

MBT's are generally going to be king in PvP because of their HP and armor which allows them to carry hard.  TDs, lights, AFV's are still going to be a threat but you don't have as much flexibility IMO.

Also, find some guys to platoon with in PvP.  Solo pubbing it is asking for trouble.

16 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Fox is just absolutely ridiculous for its tier. Especially if you look at how rest of the tree doesn't get both missiles and autocannon at the same time and how the missiles, even as a single one, are the best in tier. The only thing keeping that thing even moderately in check is the difficulty of driving it.

The Fox is so deliciously OP.  I'm a shitty player but I'm pulling 1.9k average damage and a %71 win rate.  

I kind of wish they'd fix the handling and make it the tier 7, because the weasel sure as hell doesn't compete.